Paradox: the more interconnected we get, the lonelier I is..

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Simple Minded

Paradox: the more interconnected we get, the lonelier I is..

Post by Simple Minded »

How could one not trust a website called studyfinds.org...?

https://www.studyfinds.org/social-media ... ion-study/
Nonc Hilaire

Re: Paradox: the more interconnected we get, the lonelier I

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Simple Minded wrote:How could one not trust a website called studyfinds.org...?

https://www.studyfinds.org/social-media ... ion-study/
Considering how the questionable validity of the peer review process has been exposed, perhaps studyfinds.org just needs to recruit Richard Dawson or Steve Harvey as moderator.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
noddy

Post by noddy »

better than "experts-say.com" i spose.

as for the study itself, i wonder sometimes how much of it is the usual teen angst, just now its all captured and in public.

my day wasnt full of recording devices and it was quickly internalised after a "what the hell you babbling about" lecture from your parents.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:better than "experts-say.com" i spose.

as for the study itself, i wonder sometimes how much of it is the usual teen angst, just now its all captured and in public.

my day wasnt full of recording devices and it was quickly internalised after a "what the hell you babbling about" lecture from your parents.
Good point. Back when parents regularly administered "dope slaps," and the life coping advice of "Quit yer whining or I'll give you something to whine about!" micro-aggressions didn't exist, and first world problems weren't considered apocalyptic. Explains why 35 is now the new 16.

"Nobody asked me to the prom!" is as good a reason as any to become an SJW.

The ability to instantly broadcast any thought that pops into one's head to the entire world is an excellent indicator of Milton's observation that "The mind is a place in itself. It can make a heaven of hell, or a hell of heaven."
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote:The ability to instantly broadcast any thought that pops into one's head to the entire world is an excellent indicator of Milton's observation that "The mind is a place in itself. It can make a heaven of hell, or a hell of heaven."
exactly.

god bless the lack of internet through my , emrm, formative years.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:The ability to instantly broadcast any thought that pops into one's head to the entire world is an excellent indicator of Milton's observation that "The mind is a place in itself. It can make a heaven of hell, or a hell of heaven."
exactly.

god bless the lack of internet through my , emrm, formative years.
Amen. My peers, parents, and I, myself did a good enough job of inculcating a f**ked up ideology in me in a low tech world.

If I knew about ADHD, Dyslexia, Micro-Aggressions, racial/social/sexual/financial/environmental injustice, and the inherent unfairness of life, and if I knew there were legion of support groups out there for those addicted to self-loathing, Hell, I'd still be in my formative years.

Like a big lump of Play-Doh that everyone was trying to mold/sculpt and/or throw at the wall.

However, I do think there is still hope for you.... :) if only someone cared....... :(
Attachments
schoolbus.jpg
schoolbus.jpg (18.96 KiB) Viewed 308 times