Male vs Female Worlds

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Parodite

Male vs Female Worlds

Post by Parodite »

Not sure it leads to any deep-thawt, but I wondered how good women can solve problems created by (mostly) men and vice versa.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Mr. Perfect

Re: Male vs Female Worlds

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Presented without comment.

9UQKYbGEjBA
Censorship isn't necessary
noddy

Post by noddy »

id need more to go on i think.

im not particularly convinced their are any "male caused" problems just human ones.

"women" only get a free pass when they where sitting on the sidelines in the peanut gallery and now they are getting more involved in business and politics we see that the differences among the power mongers are not so great.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:id need more to go on i think.

im not particularly convinced their are any "male caused" problems just human ones.

"women" only get a free pass when they where sitting on the sidelines in the peanut gallery and now they are getting more involved in business and politics we see that the differences among the power mongers are not so great.
IIRC, when I was ins Saudi Arabia, they didn't have any female caused problems.

Once the surgical techniques improve, solutions of male problems and female problems will be quite straightforward.

Ask Caitlin Jenner.

trick is to ignore the classifications. sexists and racists find that very difficult to do.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

jXhXDzyRH_A
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

nbzAynn80SU
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Good article. Thanks for posting. Chemical and genetic basis make sense. Psychological basis is merely projection. So we substitute sex and gender for beauty in the old saying about "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Now, how to get both traditionalist and activist beholders to mind their own business.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Daily Mail | Will my baby granddaughter pay the price of my fight for equality?
Sixties feminist Jeannette Kupferman sees the emotional emptiness facing women today.
While I've been enlightened that gender is a uniformly distributed continuum and that the penis is a social construct,

this is one topic on which I still perceive myself as unqualified to comment.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:Daily Mail | Will my baby granddaughter pay the price of my fight for equality?
Sixties feminist Jeannette Kupferman sees the emotional emptiness facing women today.
While I've been enlightened that gender is a uniformly distributed continuum and that the penis is a social construct,

this is one topic on which I still perceive myself as unqualified to comment.
As males, (please forgive my presumptuousness) how can we possibly be qualified to comment? Yet we must, in order to pay our fair share of societal burden.

Gramma Kupferman seems concerned about first world problems and perceptions. That perhaps with little real adversity to face, her granddaughter may face endless imaginary adversity and/or confusion. All grandparents must think, "This is not the world I was born into."

"The things I worried about as a mother — failing exams, unwanted pregnancy, drinking too much — seem tame. How I fear for Amber Ann, in this age of endless choice and freedom.
The well-meaning battles we embarked on in idealistic youth have somehow robbed young women of the soul of femininity. We’ve lost something precious, distinctive and unique.
My own life — one where loss, hardship and struggle has always played a part — has taught me that simple pleasures matter just as much. And that’s the message I want to now share with my granddaughter’s generation. We’re in danger of losing the essence of womanhood in this brutal landscape.
A war baby, I was born while my mother, Eva, was an evacuee, and only returned to a grim post-war East London after my father, Nat, who eventually became a clothes manufacturer, was demobbed."

My own grandmother lived through WWI, the Great Depression, WWII, and the 1960's. I don't recall her worrying about the effects of feminism, and she seemed comfortable, self-identifying as female.

The distinction between intellectual "adversity" and actual physical adversity. First World Oppression or opportunity? So many possible perceptions, what to worry about?

Wait, did they just assume the gender of that baby? There's the solution, raise her as a male!

"A mere trifle consoles us, because a mere trifle distresses us." Benjamin Franklin
noddy

Post by noddy »

its hard to comment on because "wimmuns" is such a nebulous concept.

most of the ones I know are quite happy and the ones that arent happy, you do wonder if and when they ever might have been happy.

maybe all we are missing is nunneries.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:its hard to comment on because "wimmuns" is such a nebulous concept.

most of the ones I know are quite happy and the ones that arent happy, you do wonder if and when they ever might have been happy.

maybe all we are missing is nunneries.
I like it. Solving the problems of one group identity, by creating more subset group identities. Should be able to turn that into a long turn income stream without too much effort or thought.
noddy

Post by noddy »

its like shampoo - you need different magic ingrediants for the different types, moar profits!
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

dL3Hrwg3A3w
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:dL3Hrwg3A3w
JP is letting me down here as a role model.

I've always had excellent results from interrupting the conversation with "Listen up woman! I be the man, and you be the woman. And if this conversation has to go much farther, you ain't gonna like it very much!"

Or on occasion "Calm down woman, before I knock you down!"

and if a few extreme situation "If you don't stop acting crazy bitch, I ain't gonna have sex with you no mo!"

Unacceptable to society? Which one?
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Priceless.

1STIAm1uZ8g
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

aMcjxSThD54
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

JBP is becoming a real Stable Genius. There is an analogy with Trump. Strange things happening.

E6qBxn_hFDQ
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Parodite wrote:JBP is becoming a real Stable Genius. There is an analogy with Trump. Strange things happening.
Peterson is smart and fun to listen to, but he is an analytical sort and not a creative one. Most of academic psychology is being able to tear your colleague's constructions apart.

One does not need to be a genius to think like Peterson, and his original work does not seem break any new ground. His apparent genius is largely a function of the polarization and propagandization of contemporary thought.

It is a contrast effect. Clear, critical thinking is uncommon in the public sphere, so Peterson appears to be profound when he is simply extraordinarily competent.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

So you're saying a man doesn't have to be an original thinker to be considered a genius, but a woman struggling heroically against hetero-normative bias, well..... she's doing as well as Sisyphus..... ;) ;) ;) .........
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:So you're saying a man doesn't have to be an original thinker to be considered a genius, but a woman struggling heroically against hetero-normative bias, well..... she's doing as well as Sisyphus..... ;) ;) ;) .........
Don't worry kitten! ;) I found ya an online support group..... they seem like nice ladies:

https://www.infowars.com/busted-jordan- ... interview/

An old Jewish friend who is now deceased used to say "the problem with the world is women control 50% of all the money, and 100% of all the pussy!"

You babes have more power than you know! :)

Then he would just look at you like "what? you don't think that's the most profound statement you ever heard?"

Lenny was hilarious!
noddy

Post by noddy »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:So you're saying a man doesn't have to be an original thinker to be considered a genius, but a woman struggling heroically against hetero-normative bias, well..... she's doing as well as Sisyphus..... ;) ;) ;) .........
more that grumpy ole men prefer the comforting grumbles of other grumpy ole men to reassure them.

except simple minded, he just enjoys making his willy spin like a propeller.
ultracrepidarian
kmich

Post by kmich »

noddy wrote:more that grumpy ole men prefer the comforting grumbles of other grumpy ole men to reassure them.

except simple minded, he just enjoys making his willy spin like a propeller.
:lol:
That is the unfortunately the state of affairs. It is not necessarily a fruitless effort for women like the endless bolder rolling condemnation of Sisyphus though. They just have to work much harder and excel more than men and put up with all kinds of BS from us guys to be taken seriously. Because of that situation though, I will say that if you find yourself in the care of a woman in the professions of law, medicine, finance, etc., with few exceptions, you can be assured that you are in the very best of hands, The mocking or celebrating of "feminism" is only been a cultural sidelight to what actually happens in women's lives, at least in my own, admittedly male biased perspective. ;)

In any case, other than the occasional posts by FFT, it is truly a shame that there are not more quality women on this forum. Have all us grumpy old men scared them all away? :(
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

kmich wrote: :lol:
That is the unfortunately the state of affairs. It is not necessarily a fruitless effort for women like the endless bolder rolling condemnation of Sisyphus though. They just have to work much harder and excel more than men and put up with all kinds of BS from us guys to be taken seriously. Because of that situation though, I will say that if you find yourself in the care of a woman in the professions of law, medicine, finance, etc., with few exceptions, you can be assured that you are in the very best of hands, The mocking or celebrating of "feminism" is only been a cultural sidelight to what actually happens in women's lives, at least in my own, admittedly male biased perspective. ;)
Agreed kmich.
kmich wrote: In any case, other than the occasional posts by FFT, it is truly a shame that there are not more quality women on this forum. Have all us grumpy old men scared them all away? :(

We do set a pretty high bar here to clear here at OTNOT. :P ;)
Easy to see why the fairer sex may be intimidated. :P ;)

Lord knows I've been doing my part to make fellow OTNOTers feel superior...... :P ;)

edited to increase sensitivity awareness...... :P ;)
Last edited by Simple Minded on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kmich

Post by kmich »

Simple Minded wrote:
We do set a pretty high bar here to clear here at OTNOT. Easy to see why the fairer sex may be intimidated.

Lord knows I've been doing my part to make fellow OTNOTers feel superior......
You mean well enough, and I suppose you do what you can.

But what “bar” is that SM?
Last edited by kmich on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.