Morality

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Mr. Perfect

Morality

Post by Mr. Perfect »

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -marriages
the quality of American marriages has dropped significantly. While most Americans say they’re still “very happy” in their marriages, the number is down from the early 1970s, from 68 percent to 60 percent.

More men say they’re happier with their marriages than women do, for example. That’s consistent with other research suggesting that men tend to get more out of being married than women. Not surprisingly, religiosity—which usually emphasizes family and fidelity—also appears to play a role in marital happiness.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Re: Morality

Post by Mr. Perfect »

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/29/heal ... rrhea.html
In the U.S., 110 Million S.T.D. Infections

The incidence of chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis is increasing, according to a new report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. At any given time, there are an estimated 110 million sexually transmitted infections in the United States.

Chlamydia is the most common S.T.D., and the number of cases rose 4.7 percent from 2015 to 2016. The increases occurred nationwide; rates were highest in the South and lowest in the Northeast.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4565862/h ... d-playboy/
But it was the betrayal a young Hefner suffered at the hands of his first wife that marked his formative years and one that he went on to describe as "the most devastating moment" of his life.

He married Mildred Williams in 1949 in the belief the pair had 'saved themselves' for one another.

The couple had met at college in the mid 40s.

Little did Chicago-born Hefner know that his beloved Milly had slept with another man while her beau served in the US military during the Second World War.

Explaining his heartbreak, he said: "I think the relationship was probably held together by two years of foreplay.

"That wasn't unusual for our time. In fact, most of my immediate friends didn't have sex until they married. Milly and I had it just before.

"I had literally saved myself for my wife, but after we had sex she told me that she'd had an affair. That was the most devastating moment in my life.

"My wife was more sexually experienced than I was. After that, I always felt in a sense that the other guy was in bed with us, too."
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

This is the Philosophy section and your thread title is "Morality".

So aside from some news and opinion links, when can we expect some of your philosophy?
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

When we have assembled a good factual groundwork.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Mr. Perfect wrote:When we have assembled a good factual groundwork.
I salute your high standards, if only all moralizers and proselytizers would do the same.........
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Francis Reaches Concordat With Communists
Pontiff agrees to accept Beijing-blessed bishops

A "wise" move .. coming from a "Jesuit" should tell you something .. it tells us how smart this Pontif is.

That should push Christianity in China towards "spirituality".