Now that I have a smart phone and access to the internet....

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Simple Minded

Now that I have a smart phone and access to the internet....

Post by Simple Minded »

in the vein of the old quote "You are what you are only when no one is looking!"

Shouldn't we all be using our immense intellects to promote the common good? Unless of course, we can't agree on the definitions of "common" and/or "good."

JF1oo9ho1wY

"I am the 99%! I'm against poverty, racism, and global warming!"

"Anyone who is in favor of poverty, racism, and global warming should have an off planet safe space!"
Last edited by Simple Minded on Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
noddy

Re: Now that I have a smart phone and access to the internet

Post by noddy »

im for a 1%, just a different 1% to the bankers and globalists.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:im for a 1%, just a different 1% to the bankers and globalists.
look on the bright side, due to modern tech, it has never been easier for any of us to create and reside in our own little virtual realities.....

Finally, we have reached the era where we are all omnipotent gods in our own realms! :D

shirley, with just a little more bandwidth, non-universal utopia will become ubiquitous.... right?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Quillette - Hadar| Why Liberals Are Turning Against the Internet
Following the news of late might lead one to conclude that Mark Zuckerberg is America’s Public Enemy Number One, and that the World Wide Web is destroying the foundations of the country’s democratic system.
The problem, in case you haven’t noticed, is that political players tend to blame the media for their losses. After the loss of an election, or any other political battle, the tendency is to blame someone or something else for the defeat: negative press coverage or lousy television commercials or poor media advisors or what-have-you. After all, why else would a great candidate with a noble message be rejected by the electorate? At the same time, when analyzing politics and political campaigns, journalists and pundits are more inclined to focus on the micro (including media stories) at the expense of the macro (like economic and social changes) in an attempt to explain political events.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:Quillette - Hadar| Why Liberals Are Turning Against the Internet
Following the news of late might lead one to conclude that Mark Zuckerberg is America’s Public Enemy Number One, and that the World Wide Web is destroying the foundations of the country’s democratic system.
The problem, in case you haven’t noticed, is that political players tend to blame the media for their losses. After the loss of an election, or any other political battle, the tendency is to blame someone or something else for the defeat: negative press coverage or lousy television commercials or poor media advisors or what-have-you. After all, why else would a great candidate with a noble message be rejected by the electorate? At the same time, when analyzing politics and political campaigns, journalists and pundits are more inclined to focus on the micro (including media stories) at the expense of the macro (like economic and social changes) in an attempt to explain political events.
yep, discussing Russian hacking, racism, social injustice, safe spaces, the effects of inanimate objects (guns and statues) or who killed Kennedy can keep one's political, financial, and managerial incompetence or outright corruption off the front pages indefinitely...

"After all, why else would a great candidate with a noble message be rejected by the electorate?" :? I'm drawing a blank here. How about a hint?