Moral panics | Today and throughout history

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Typhoon

Moral panics | Today and throughout history

Post by Typhoon »

Reason | Ye Olde Ikea Sex Traffickers
We are in the midst of a massive mommy moral panic. Across the country, mothers are writing breathless accounts on Facebook of how sex traffickers nearly snatched their children at Target/Ikea/the grocery store.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Re: Moral panics | Today and throughout history

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

I love it. Social media, and an insatiable audience allows each of us to create, direct, and star in our own horror movies, documentaries, and/or mini-dramas.

No wonder Hollywood and the MSM are floundering.

Everyday, I am surrounded by smartphone Zombies..... and everyone on the internet thinks they are smarter than me..... they are so gullible....... if they nay knew.....
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:A likely suspect has been identified:

http://fortune.com/2017/10/20/ikea-dres ... -tip-over/
If I was IKEA, I'd strike while the iron was hot and brand a new line of furniture,the Weinstein Line ....... for lonely starlet wannabes

And maybe a line of children's furniture decorated with missing milk cartons.......
noddy

Post by noddy »

this is such an awesome idea i wish i had of thought it myself.

"how do i stop getting dragged along to that nightmarish cattle experience that is ikea"
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:this is such an awesome idea i wish i had of thought it myself.

"how do i stop getting dragged along to that nightmarish cattle experience that is ikea"
We are still using our "Cargo" and "This End Up" furniture from the 1980's. If they are out of business, you can always replicate with common lumber and cheap fabric.

Cat and Dog teeth marks and claw marks, as well as vomit stains add to the value..... they say....
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

What GHW Bush is experiencing right now....'>....:

S8GG2tQrMdk

From the link:
The allegation comes in the wake of the scandal surrounding Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein, director James Toback and other men being accused of harassing and assaulting women. Weinstein, through a spokesperson, has "unequivocally" denied "any allegations of non-consensual sex." Toback denied the allegations to the Los Angeles Times, which was the first to report about women coming forward.
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:What GHW Bush is experiencing right now....'>....:

S8GG2tQrMdk

From the link:
The allegation comes in the wake of the scandal surrounding Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein, director James Toback and other men being accused of harassing and assaulting women. Weinstein, through a spokesperson, has "unequivocally" denied "any allegations of non-consensual sex." Toback denied the allegations to the Los Angeles Times, which was the first to report about women coming forward.
Hey world,

I've been out of the news lately. Anyone want to hear bout a 90 year old former POTUS who patted me on the ass three years ago? Call my agent to set up an interview.

If I was GHW Bush, I would have responded with
"Well.... ya drag a $100 bill thru a Hollywood trailer park...... Whadda expect?" or
maybe the more sensitive reply "Yeah baby, was it good for you too?" or
the PC shaming routine of "The temperature of the Earth is increasing by 0.047 of a degree per year, and you focus on a 90 year old man touching yer ass? Yer a Flat Earther!"
or go old school Sinatra "Sorry baby, I don't remember. Which one were you again?"

I'd bet she was flattered at the time, and has gotten dozens of laughs since then by telling that story at parties. I know I would have.

When we were first dating, my wife took me to her home town to meet her family. Her grandmother was in her 80's, as I tuned my back to her, she grabbed my ass. We all laughed when she said in defense of her actions "Don't you think that's a nice ass?"
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Bush shocks and awes in one of the biggest war crimes in the century, privatizes the CIA and the MSM finally takes notice when he turns senile and acts rudely? Really?
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:Bush shocks and awes in one of the biggest war crimes in the century, privatizes the CIA and the MSM finally takes notice when he turns senile and acts rudely? Really?
The Rape of the Buttock

What dire offence from am'rous causes springs,
What mighty contests rise from trivial things,
I sing—This verse to Heather, Muse! is due:
This, ev'n Barbara may vouchsafe to view:
Slight is the subject, but not so the praise,
If she inspire, and he approve my lays.

Say what strange motive, Goddess! could compel
A well-bred POTUS t' assault a gentle belle?
O say what stranger cause, yet unexplor'd,
Could make a gentle belle protest a lord?
In tasks so bold, can little men engage,
And in soft bosoms dwells such mighty rage?

~ After Pope, Alexander.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.