Kopimism, Sweden's Pirate Religion, Begins to Plunder Americ

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Enki

Re: Kopimism, Sweden's Pirate Religion, Begins to Plunder Am

Post by Enki »

Demon of Undoing wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:Zeppelin as a metal band is always debatable, AFAIK the principals do no not consider LZ to be metal.
I got thinking on it. I think they are proto-metal. I don't think you get to metal without going through Zep. Page himself recoiled at the label when they tried to affix it to them. I think they are so much more than that, enough that it doesn't really sit right with me, either.
Yeah, I have heard Stairway to Heaven referred to as a metal song. Battle of Evermore I think there is a good argument to be made. In fact it might be one of the most prototypical metal tracks considering Metal's obsession with Northern European myth. But Black Dog ain't metal, Diremaker ain't metal, When the Levee Breaks ain't metal.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Mr. Perfect

Re: Kopimism, Sweden's Pirate Religion, Begins to Plunder Am

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Well certainly Zep was a precursor, that cannot be argued. Zep is it's own thing, it's up there with Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, you name it, I think we can say on balance Zeppelin was simply great music, no apologies. Greatest Band of All Time, no question.

I really wish they would have toured just that one more time.
Censorship isn't necessary