Movies + TV series: Past and New Recommendation

A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.
Mr. Perfect

Re: I'm your huckleberry . .

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: JGpajGj07BU
What an enjoyable movie.
Censorship isn't necessary
Typhoon

Re: Great Film Scenes and Otherwise

Post by Typhoon »

5LatLghA9Ig
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

VkX7dHjL-aY
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

ndnd-ERnWew

LuBToeQeeEU
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

S06nIz4scvI

WehoPJtnH30

PmILOL55xP0
Been busy doing stuff
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

12tce-THLUE

9t4FgmaKOy8

[FMJ. Personal favourite]
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Cb8luHdpR84

7jO99LxBSy8

MNVx9E55OOw

fhNrqc6yvTU

[Director: Miloš Forman; Choreography: Twyla Tharp]
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:From Tangled. The movie is spectacular. In this scene, Rapunzel is brought into a criminal tavern on the way to fulfill her dream in life, and is saved by the fact that criminals have dreams as well.
IMHO, Disney surpasses Nemo in Tangled. If you have no kids or grandkids rent some just so you can enjoy Tangled.
Bate_tvVUpk
On should certainly rent the movie Tangled . . .

Azrael

Movies

Post by Azrael »

This thread is devoted to movies.
cultivate a white rose
cincinnatus

Re: Movies

Post by cincinnatus »

Pleasantly surprised by this movie (on DVD) tonight...riveting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrior_%282011_film%29

hSSF_XZi1Zc
"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."
Zack Morris

Re: Movies

Post by Zack Morris »

I generally don't like movies but I'm looking forward to checking out Coriolanus. I'm hoping it will have a wide enough release to play here.
cincinnatus

Re: Movies: New Release Recommendations + Scenes from the P

Post by cincinnatus »

Princess Bride

Vizzini knows all...
U_eZmEiyTo0

and probably the most memorable line in the movie
fTrY0nJp2DQ
"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."
cincinnatus

Post by cincinnatus »

Another preview of "Warrior" with a really nice song called "about today" that plays at the end during the brother vs. brother fight. I'm not even an MMA fan and I found the story worthy of a top-five man-cry movie (not quite Saving Private Ryan or Shawshank, but damn close).

XWoAh5jAslM
Enki

Post by Enki »

Not seeing how to properly format a Vimeo embed.

http://vimeo.com/ppls/valleyofsaints-teaser

This is my friend's documentary about life in Kashmir.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Enki

Post by Enki »

cincinnatus wrote:Another preview of "Warrior" with a really nice song called "about today" that plays at the end during the brother vs. brother fight. I'm not even an MMA fan and I found the story worthy of a top-five man-cry movie (not quite Saving Private Ryan or Shawshank, but damn close).

XWoAh5jAslM
My wife gets screeners due to her membership in the Producer's Guild. We have a copy of this, and we couldn't watch it because it started off so genuflecting depressing and it's hard to find time for a good depressfest.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Enki

Post by Enki »

Watched Warrior. Despite the fact that its premise could never actually happen, it had a lot of heart.
-Alexander Hamilton
cincinnatus

Post by cincinnatus »

Enki wrote:Watched Warrior. Despite the fact that its premise could never actually happen, it had a lot of heart.

Yes to both. The fact that Tommy went AWOL from Iraq is ludicrous. How the hell did he get on the rotator home without redeployment orders? Oh well. It was fiction anyway.
Enki

Post by Enki »

cincinnatus wrote:
Enki wrote:Watched Warrior. Despite the fact that its premise could never actually happen, it had a lot of heart.

Yes to both. The fact that Tommy went AWOL from Iraq is ludicrous. How the hell did he get on the rotator home without redeployment orders? Oh well. It was fiction anyway.
That and the line in front of them to get onto that fight card would have wrapped around the block. I can sort of believe it with Tommy, he bested a top fighter on Youtube. But with his brother, no way.
-Alexander Hamilton
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

sd1DVlOl1eY
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Montenegro

f6I_DTHCRjA

[Entire film]
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

hYl1F5S3msA
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

dpDkYZWeeVg
Been busy doing stuff
cincinnatus

Post by cincinnatus »

Enki wrote:
My wife gets screeners due to her membership in the Producer's Guild. We have a copy of this (Warrior), and we couldn't watch it because it started off so genuflecting depressing and it's hard to find time for a good depressfest.
Depressfest? Try watching this (Trade-2007 Movie)...will make you want to murder human traffickers (and perverts who think nothing what they're doing to a human being by paying to rape a young prostitute) by the dozens. I've never been more angry after watching a film.

(You'll have to watch on YouTube...embedding disabled for some reason)

4Y2f3DrBKmc

iRM4h7iDYoE
Demon of Undoing

Post by Demon of Undoing »

I've thought about creating piles of heads over this.

Maybe when the kids leave home.
Enki

Post by Enki »

cincinnatus wrote:
Enki wrote:
My wife gets screeners due to her membership in the Producer's Guild. We have a copy of this (Warrior), and we couldn't watch it because it started off so genuflecting depressing and it's hard to find time for a good depressfest.
Depressfest? Try watching this (Trade-2007 Movie)...will make you want to murder human traffickers (and perverts who think nothing what they're doing to a human being by paying to rape a young prostitute) by the dozens. I've never been more angry after watching a film.

(You'll have to watch on YouTube...embedding disabled for some reason)

4Y2f3DrBKmc

iRM4h7iDYoE
Yeah...I don't want to watch that, I already know that these guys need killing. Maybe some demon will assemble a pile of heads some day.
-Alexander Hamilton