Movies + TV series: Past and New Recommendation

A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.
Typhoon

Movies + TV series: Past and New Recommendation

Post by Typhoon »

zKjFgdgp7yY

fQ9AqRAwgK4
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Re: Great Film Scenes and Otherwise

Post by Typhoon »

GVtxrGOJzOs

Part 1 of 11:

2J1WYrdEskM
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

G0k3kHtyoqc
I lap this lavender up, but a part of me can't quite bring myself to entirely disagree with Peter Bradshaw's review of the first LOTR film:
The Fellowship of the Ring resembles from certain angles nothing so much as a 178-minute electric mandolin solo.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Sparky wrote: . . .
I lap this lavender up, but a part of me can't quite bring myself to entirely disagree with Peter Bradshaw's review of the first LOTR film:
The Fellowship of the Ring resembles from certain angles nothing so much as a 178-minute electric mandolin solo.
Frodo is played by Elijah Wood, whose pert features are permanently set in a kind of glazed, dazed, saucer-eyed expression of shock, as if he had just been goosed by one of the elves.
:lol:

I recall enjoying the Lord of the Rings trilogy when I first watched it, but it is not a series of films that have stayed in my mind.

Also found the novel trilogy to be somehow sterile.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Ca3M2feqJk8

Full film:

hyi5MOtgxSQ
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

ab6eaj4fdMA

EpHoNR9VWHw
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

sU0oZsqeG_s
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

aL-UNohymXU
ansuchin

Post by ansuchin »

Sorry about this, everyone, but the world's memory is far to short...

BfJZ6nwxD38

ความสงบ
cincinnatus

AMC's Hell on Wheels

Post by cincinnatus »

Skkf2vGItvw

9oYCok-7Kvw

K9Ss2v7IpiE
"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

FueLhmwT8E4

7SZMEImptPQ
cincinnatus

Post by cincinnatus »

Another one for Hell on Wheels

RIm8h8SWJF8
"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

NMkeqjacvAU

a8FA5zBHiFA
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Love in the Afternoon: Gary Cooper, Audrey Hepburn, and Maurice Chevalier

Entire film is available on youtube: Part 1

BTPnHYmir9I
Marcus

Film recommendation . . .

Post by Marcus »

Wow! We watched a very good film last evening, Of Gods and Men, which we got from Netflix:
"I have said you are gods; and all of you are children of the Most High. But you shall die like men. Princes fall everyone of them, and so shall you." Psalms 82: 6&7. This is a powerful film of Christian faith; the belief in the brotherhood of man under the fatherhood of God; and the courage to persevere under persecution and adversity...the same kind of faith and courage that must have been exemplified in the martyrs of the early Christian church. It is the true story of monastic Trappist monks (a sect of the Benedictine Order) who try to maintain their neutrality and commitment to service while caught between the the army & civil authorities of a failing government in Algeria and militants who are trying to topple the government, through mostly terrorist tactics. In keeping with the Trappist order, the nine monks of the monastery at Tibhurine provide medical assistance, community interaction, and cooperation and friendship to a largely Muslim population, until their routine is interrupted by Islamic Fundamentalists. The Algerian and French authorities want them to leave, believing they cannot be protected from the terrorists. Initial interaction with a terrorist unit that forces entry on Christmas eve goes fairly well and the unit leader offers protection...for as long as he survives. The monks are divided initially, with some wanting to stay the course; and some wanting to leave. Watch this compelling and heart-wrenching film to find out what their final decision is and where it leads them. Masterful performances here from the actors; especially Michael Lonsdale as the physician monk and Lambert Wilson as the elected leader of the monastery; and by Xavier Bouvois behind the camera. If you are a Christian and you find your faith wavering at times, I strongly recommend you watch this film...it will strengthen you as a Christian and as a person. My highest recommendation.
Especially noteworthy was the film's depiction of "normal" Muslims compared to terroristic fundamentalists operating in the name of Islam.
"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

Singing in the Rain

A great artist

Marcus

I'm your huckleberry . .

Post by Marcus »

http://youtu.be/JGpajGj07BU

How does one embed these?
"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

From Tangled. The movie is spectacular. In this scene, Rapunzel is brought into a criminal tavern on the way to fulfill her dream in life, and is saved by the fact that criminals have dreams as well.
IMHO, Disney surpasses Nemo in Tangled. If you have no kids or grandkids rent some just so you can enjoy Tangled.
Bate_tvVUpk
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Re: I'm your huckleberry . .

Post by Typhoon »

Marcus wrote:http://youtu.be/JGpajGj07BU

How does one embed these?
Copy and paste the code for the youtube clip:

JGpajGj07BU

Then highlight it and press the "youtube" button so that the above code is between [youtube] . . . [/youtube]

JGpajGj07BU
Marcus

Re: I'm your huckleberry . .

Post by Marcus »

Typhoon wrote:
Marcus wrote:How does one embed these?
Copy and paste the code for the youtube clip:
JGpajGj07BU
Then highlight it and press the "youtube" button so that the above code is between [youtube] . . . [/youtube]
Thank you . . .
--- Richard Nixon
—John Calvin
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

rVI0A4DTVgg
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

6PDM-i7pzeI
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

cIj3Bk0bhL8

Full film: part 1

0VMgLJJKiaA
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

tDZChz40B90
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

f1e9Matf19k