What are you having for dinner . . . ?

A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.
Marcus

What are you having for dinner . . . ?

Post by Marcus »

We have a thread like this on our Alaska forum, and it's pretty interesting . . currently at 78 pages and counting.

Tonight:
Salmon steaks fried in olive oil with chopped cabbage sauteed in butter; fresh fruit for desert
We caught and processed the salmon ourselves; cabbage, butter and fruit are all organic.
salmon.jpg
salmon.jpg (30.13 KiB) Viewed 497 times
"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
Hoosiernorm

Re: What are you having for dinner . . . ?

Post by Hoosiernorm »

What does Moose taste like, seems to be a popular dish.
Been busy doing stuff
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Hoosiernorm wrote:What does Moose taste like, seems to be a popular dish.
Don't know how to reply, Hoosier, except to say that it's good. All wild game puts its fat on the meat rather than in the meat, so moose is quite lean and needs to be cooked accordingly. If you've ever eaten deer and liked it, you would probably like moose. Audubon, after spending a summer on the prairies, Ft. Laramie, I think, and eating game all summer could hardly stomach beef when he returned to civilization in the fall.

We eat very, very little beef and only organic when we do. We eat ranched bison and wild game. Friends and relatives often share, and our freezer will, from time to time, contain bear, moose, and caribou. Had bear sausage in my omelette this morning.

Some guy up here just shot a 74" bull (that's 74" or 6'-2" tip to tip across the antlers), photo posted on our Alaska forum:
moose.jpg
moose.jpg (65.48 KiB) Viewed 489 times
"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Tonight:

Bison meatloaf in mushroom cream gravy, oven-baked onion rings, salad, fresh sprouted-wheat bread and probably a veggie on the side.

Sometime later:

Here's the bread . . fresh from the oven . .
bread.jpg
bread.jpg (86.35 KiB) Viewed 473 times
--- Richard Nixon
—John Calvin
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Canned Hash

Mmmmm.....

Broast a few eggs and then cover with cheese.
Been busy doing stuff