2012 Predictions

Tea is nought but this: first you heat the water, then you make the tea. Then you drink it properly.
Hoosiernorm

2012 Predictions

Post by Hoosiernorm »

So who would like to start this forum off with a round of predictions for the coming year. We have an election coming up this year in the states, world wide financial fears and the usual dire predictions that never seem to pan out as feared. So whatcha got?
Been busy doing stuff
Typhoon

Re: 2012 Predictions

Post by Typhoon »

The global climate will continue to fluctuate.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Hans Bulvai

Post by Hans Bulvai »

BO gets re-elected for another term.
So will Putin.

Drastic changes in Afghanistan/Pakistan or because of them...
I don't buy supremacy
Media chief
You menace me
The people you say
'Cause all the crime
Wake up motherfucker
And smell the slime
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Ron Paul will win the election but not live out his term.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Atmosphere

Post by Atmosphere »

Typhoon wrote:The global climate will continue to fluctuate.
Smartest one I've heard yet. :)
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Obama stays in, President Ali Abdullah Saleh of Yemen is out, Green Bay plays the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

By end of 2012, Prime Minister of Egypt will be from party with ties to the Muslim Brotherhood. Amr Moussa will be President.
cultivate a white rose
Enki

Post by Enki »

Economy ruptures more, maybe collapses. Revolutionary movements gain more mainstream appeal and more power.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

http://www.infowars.com/unrelenting-glo ... w-of-2012/

Don't know how anyone could top this
Been busy doing stuff
Hans Bulvai

Post by Hans Bulvai »

Hoosiernorm wrote:http://www.infowars.com/unrelenting-glo ... w-of-2012/

Don't know how anyone could top this
4Zx27dP1mTg
I don't buy supremacy
Media chief
You menace me
The people you say
'Cause all the crime
Wake up motherfucker
And smell the slime
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

A Highly Volatile Year Awaits Oil
Wile oil prices have remained relatively steady in the past few months, the outlook is more uncertain than ever with both a price collapse and spike possible in the near term as the global economic and geopolitical situations worsen.

At first glance oil prices look like they may have reached an equilibrium in recent months between $100 (Dh367) and $120 per barrel, in which range they have traded for most of 2011.

Yet if you ask many market participants they don't think prices are going to stay in this range. In fact there is a sharp division between those who expect prices to rise sharply and those who expect them to crash. The only thing that both sides agree on is as serious risk of a crisis of one sort or the other in 2012.
More at the article.

It may be a great time to start learning the fundamentals of the oil market.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I would really like to predict an Obama loss but I'm not there yet. Our chances are good, but can't make the call yet.

Watching China this year, more than the usual.
Censorship isn't necessary
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Obama is re elected to the Presidency but the DNC loses the Senate and does not gain the House.

Glenn Rice writes a tell all book that is adapted into a feature length triple x movie that is an instant hit on both BET and ESPN. Sarah Palin sues him for royalty rights.

Newt Gingrich wins the nomination but divorces himself from the GOP party to cozy up with a younger hipper party.

Ron Paul wins Iowa but no other major primary and ends up with fewer delegates then the last time around.

Donald Trumps hairpiece wins the Florida primary

The London Olympics are a success due to the fact that there really isn't anything else affordable for the Europeans to do. The US wins fewer Medals than the EU nations but more than China.

Hillary resigns as Sec of State after elections and takes a year off to write a book and make it around the network talk shows. A series of New York Times style section articles about her pants suits starts a new fashion craze that sweeps the US.

Michelle Obama puts on thirty pounds with all of the added stress of the elections.

Jimmy Carter will pass away this year but no one will notice

Billy Graham will also pass away this year but election news will overshadow his passing.

Ed Asner will pass away and it will begin a national crisis of identity

George H W Bush will pass this next year and the media will blame his son for the death.

Castro will also pass away and his Brother Raúl Castro will open Cuba to market reform

King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia will also pass away this year and the line of succession will result in more political stress within the ME

Hugo Chavez will pass away this year and there will be a military coup backed by the Chinese Military to guarantee the successor to the head of state.
Been busy doing stuff
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

PopSci | Sci + Tech predictions for 2012

Always enjoyed PopSci's breathless enthusiasm.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Well at least it was close
Been busy doing stuff
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Azrael wrote:Obama stays in,
Yes.
President Ali Abdullah Saleh of Yemen is out,
Yes.
Green Bay plays the Patriots in the Super Bowl.
Half credit.
By end of 2012, Prime Minister of Egypt will be from party with ties to the Muslim Brotherhood.
Yes.
Amr Moussa will be President.
No.

70% Not bad.
cultivate a white rose
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Probably going to re state my dead pool

It's gonna be right one of these days
Been busy doing stuff
Prunus persica

Post by Prunus persica »

Japan's Abe election leading Tokyo stock market recovering dramatically, leading to global stock market recovery for a few year until US unemployment dropping below 6%

what does this all mean

It means, only place 2B is owning stocks .. stocks are companies who create wealth and Jobs

and

Grand Bargain with Iran will be sealed

Sparky

Post by Sparky »

In 2013, Prune Jews won't get his time machine, and so won't be able to be wrong about everything in 2012 twice. Iran will continue to be banged on about, and the personalities will continue to metastasise.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Hoosiernorm wrote:Probably going to re state my dead pool

It's gonna be right one of these days
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........