advice needed -- what does this mean?

Tea is nought but this: first you heat the water, then you make the tea. Then you drink it properly.
Azrael

advice needed -- what does this mean?

Post by Azrael »

I had a very brief conversation with a woman I hardly know; but would like to get to know better.

She's in her mid 20s, I think, and attractive.

I generally can't talk to her at length (we talk for about 20 seconds), since she's working. She's works at a deli where I often get coffee.

She has (as far as I know, just one) tattoo that says "Every sin is equal in the eyes of the Lord". I noticed the tattoo a while back, but couldn't read it, so I finally asked her what it said on Friday and she told me.

OK . . . what does this mean?

Does it mean "don't be too quick to judge people; because everyone is a sinner" in which case she's making the point that some people are too quick to judge

or does it mean "I personally did something that was very bad; but now that I've been forgiven . . . the important thing is that it has been forgiven, since a forgiven sin is a forgiven sin" in which case she has struggled with something she did in the past that made her feel very guilty.

If the second interpretation is correct, she could have had a very difficult time in her life.

So, any ideas? And what should I do?
cultivate a white rose
Endovelico

Re: advice needed -- what does this mean?

Post by Endovelico »

The meaning may be a bit darker than that. It may convey the idea that to sin is to disobey the Lord. Once you disobey, no matter if the sin seems very important or insignificant, you are doomed... If that's the case I would stay as far from her as I could... :?
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Endovelico wrote:. . It may convey the idea that to sin is to disobey the Lord. . .
That's pretty close.
"Sin is any lack of conformity unto or violation of the law of God."

—Westminster Confession of Faith
Smart girl . . definitely worth trying to know better . . good luck.
"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Maybe she is a perfectionist. Can be sexy.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Az,

There are an infinite number of pickup lines you could use on the basis of that "meaning" of the tattoo. Are you interested in accurate screening to avoid potential troubles, or short term fun, that may lead to a long term relationship?

Ask her out just to discuss the meaning of the tattoo, as the conversation evolves, you can adjust your angle of attack. You easily have 3 or 4 hours of discussion material at hand (or elsewhere...) Full blown sinner also seeking forgiveness (both present and future) or constantly improving Azrael adjusting due to past mistakes....

Don't be shy, this is a great opportunity to be honestly curious and questioning.

If either of you need to buy some dispensations, let me know. ;)
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Azrael wrote:.

I had a very brief conversation with a woman I hardly know; but would like to get to know better.

She's in her mid 20s, I think, and attractive.

I generally can't talk to her at length (we talk for about 20 seconds), since she's working. She's works at a deli where I often get coffee.

She has (as far as I know, just one) tattoo that says "Every sin is equal in the eyes of the Lord". I noticed the tattoo a while back, but couldn't read it, so I finally asked her what it said on Friday and she told me.

OK . . . what does this mean?

Does it mean "don't be too quick to judge people; because everyone is a sinner" in which case she's making the point that some people are too quick to judge

or does it mean "I personally did something that was very bad; but now that I've been forgiven . . . the important thing is that it has been forgiven, since a forgiven sin is a forgiven sin" in which case she has struggled with something she did in the past that made her feel very guilty.

If the second interpretation is correct, she could have had a very difficult time in her life.

So, any ideas? And what should I do ?

Az , looks to me she a believer in G_D and Sin

so,

what you should do depends on

what your intentions are

Romance or marriage, hit and run, or a journey in life

Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Marcus wrote:
Endovelico wrote:. . It may convey the idea that to sin is to disobey the Lord. . .
That's pretty close.

Thanks.

And thanks to everyone else, too. Great input.
cultivate a white rose
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Azrael wrote:
Marcus wrote:
That's pretty close.

Thanks.

And thanks to everyone else, too. Great input.
Az,

I'd ask her out for coffee or lunch first, 45 seconds into answering "What does your tattoo mean?" you will know if she is a whack job (ie: undercover OTNOT poster....).

Don't forget to bring your pepper spray. That tat, just might indicate she is a serial rapist...

Just promise us you will not kiss and tell.... ;)
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Simple Minded wrote:Az,

I'd ask her out for coffee or lunch first,
OK. That's what I was thinking.
45 seconds into answering "What does your tattoo mean?" you will know if she is a whack job (ie: undercover OTNOT poster....).
Yeah.
Don't forget to bring your pepper spray.
I hope that won't be necessary. :wink:
That tat, just might indicate she is a serial rapist...
I doubt many men would need to be forced in her case.
I'll use discretion.
cultivate a white rose
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Simple Minded wrote:
Az,

I'd ask her out for coffee or lunch first, 45 seconds into answering "What does your tattoo mean?" you will know if she is a whack job (ie: undercover OTNOT poster....).

Don't forget to bring your pepper spray. That tat, just might indicate she is a serial rapist...

:lol:

Forget about serial rapist; you gotta be very careful if she is an undercover OTNOT poster!
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:
Az,

:lol:

Forget about serial rapist; you gotta be very careful if she is an undercover OTNOT poster!
glad you liked it......

There's rape, and then there's intellectual, emotional, or virtual rape...... kinda like cyber bullying....

Hard to defend against the accusation that "I am a virtual victim!" :shock:

low tech avoids a lot of mental distress...... ;)
Juggernaut Nihilism

Post by Juggernaut Nihilism »

Azrael wrote:I had a very brief conversation with a woman I hardly know; but would like to get to know better.

She has a tattoo...
Take a pass bro.
"The fundamental rule of political analysis from the point of psychology is, follow the sacredness, and around it is a ring of motivated ignorance."
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Juggernaut Nihilism wrote:
Azrael wrote:I had a very brief conversation with a woman I hardly know; but would like to get to know better.

She has a tattoo...
Take a pass bro.
In the West, I would not base my decision solely on whether or not she has a tattoo.

All it suggests to me is a certain conformity.
The weirder you're going to behave, the more normal you should look. It works in reverse, too.
When I see a kid with three or four rings in his nose, I know there is absolutely nothing extraordinary about that person.

~ P. J. O'Rourke
Tattoos are now so common, in the West, that not having one seems to be more rebellious :wink:
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Did you ask her if that is the only one she has? If she has a series of them on her behind with other guys names crossed out then it's a whole other ball game.
Been busy doing stuff