Bad motorcycle accident

Tea is nought but this: first you heat the water, then you make the tea. Then you drink it properly.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Re: Bad motorcycle accident

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Two decades ago, a guy on a mid-size Yamaha was tootling down 280 in late November through the snow flurries. After 9:00 PM. Coming up to a stoplight, he hit an ice patch and laid the bike down. He was wearing denim and a leather jacket, but no helmet, and I suspect having left Happy Hour from oh, I'd say the Turf Club. I stopped the car thirty feet behind him as he was picking the bike up. He was unhurt. I went back down the road and picked his glove off the pavement and handed it to him. He said 'thanks' and there was no point in saying anything else.......
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:Two decades ago, a guy on a mid-size Yamaha was tootling down 280 in late November through the snow flurries. After 9:00 PM. Coming up to a stoplight, he hit an ice patch and laid the bike down. He was wearing denim and a leather jacket, but no helmet, and I suspect having left Happy Hour from oh, I'd say the Turf Club. I stopped the car thirty feet behind him as he was picking the bike up. He was unhurt. I went back down the road and picked his glove off the pavement and handed it to him. He said 'thanks' and there was no point in saying anything else.......
Could you already walk and speak two decades ago???... :shock:
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Bob wrote this one after his motorcycle crash in 1966. His stuff won't link, so here are the Byrds.

_QxvFAS_zWQ
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Endovelico wrote:
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:Two decades ago, a guy on a mid-size Yamaha was tootling down 280 in late November through the snow flurries. After 9:00 PM. Coming up to a stoplight, he hit an ice patch and laid the bike down. He was wearing denim and a leather jacket, but no helmet, and I suspect having left Happy Hour from oh, I'd say the Turf Club. I stopped the car thirty feet behind him as he was picking the bike up. He was unhurt. I went back down the road and picked his glove off the pavement and handed it to him. He said 'thanks' and there was no point in saying anything else.......
Could you already walk and speak two decades ago???... :shock:

Nice try...... but I'm not that young.......'>>.......
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Torchwood

Post by Torchwood »

Oh heck, I have only just seen this thread.

Sympathies but frankly Alex, you sound to have been rather lucky. Sorry to be blunt, but motorcycle riding at any age is dangerous and above a certain age on a big bike lethally so, your reaction times are not what they were. I can understand the thrill of riding a bike (although it has never appealed to me) but why not buy a car, even a silly over fast one like they feature on Top Gear (second hand, they don't cost so much, the insurance is another matter...) and decide to live.

Still, this advice is coming from someone who continues to find it hard to give up nicotine, more deadly than even motorcycle riding. "Hypocrisy is vice's salute to virtue".
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Sorry to hear about the accident. I hope you get better soon. Take it easy.
cultivate a white rose
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Torchwood wrote: Still, this advice is coming from someone who continues to find it hard to give up nicotine, more deadly than even motorcycle riding. "Hypocrisy is vice's salute to virtue".
Torchwood,

Amen! Bonus points for honesty!!!!!! You must be one of those humans I often read about.... The ones who exhale CO2.... ;)

"The greatest right.... Is the right to be wrong!"

Unfortunately, we all want someone else to foot the bill for our self-destructiveness.
manolo

Post by manolo »

folks,

i'm still here with one fingered typing.

plastercast comes off on tuesday (thank the lord). now i know exactly why i discouraged our daughter from getting a moped or scooter in her teens.

thanks for the posts here; helped a lot. :)

alex
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

manolo wrote:folks,

i'm still here with one fingered typing.

plastercast comes off on tuesday (thank the lord). now i know exactly why i discouraged our daughter from getting a moped or scooter in her teens.

thanks for the posts here; helped a lot. :)

alex
Good luck Bro! :)

Everybody wants better for their children. Biggest problem with kids is you teach em everything you know, and they still don't know nothing! ;)
manolo

Post by manolo »

folks,

this should be a fitting end to the events. i'll spare you pics of my blood, although there is a drop on the helmet lower front.

doc recommends that i keep it on display in the garage, next to the new bike. :cry:

Alex.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Dune Buggy

Post by monster_gardener »

Torchwood wrote:Oh heck, I have only just seen this thread.

Sympathies but frankly Alex, you sound to have been rather lucky. Sorry to be blunt, but motorcycle riding at any age is dangerous and above a certain age on a big bike lethally so, your reaction times are not what they were. I can understand the thrill of riding a bike (although it has never appealed to me) but why not buy a car, even a silly over fast one like they feature on Top Gear (second hand, they don't cost so much, the insurance is another matter...) and decide to live.

Still, this advice is coming from someone who continues to find it hard to give up nicotine, more deadly than even motorcycle riding. "Hypocrisy is vice's salute to virtue".
Thank You Very Much For your post, Torchwood.

I have friends who ride/rode motorcycles but as they get older they seem to be switching more to dune buggies/rail cars........

Still get the wind in their hair but a bit safer.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dune_buggy
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Those Can-Am Spyders look like fun.

“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
YMix

Post by YMix »

vijRI4nA088

Yep, that speedometer reads 299 (kmph).
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.