Turnitinbot

Tea is nought but this: first you heat the water, then you make the tea. Then you drink it properly.

Turnitinbot

Postby Doc » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:00 pm

Noticed this user bot and got curious:

http://www.turnitin.com/
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” … George Orwell
Doc

Re: Turnitinbot

Postby Nonc Hilaire » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:04 pm

My guess is no student is in any danger of getting busted for plagiarizing a OTNOT post.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Nonc Hilaire

Postby noddy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:15 am

Nonc Hilaire wrote:My guess is no student is in any danger of getting busted for plagiarizing a OTNOT post.

o_O
noddy

Postby Miss_Faucie_Fishtits » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:24 am

I thot u said Turing?.....'>>.......
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Postby Nonc Hilaire » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:20 pm

noddy wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:My guess is no student is in any danger of getting busted for plagiarizing a OTNOT post.

o_O

The purpose of Turnitin is so professors and editors can upload term papers and submissions and have them screened for similarities to online postings. It's a way to catch students and authors who cut and paste the work of others.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Nonc Hilaire

Postby Doc » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:47 pm

noddy wrote:

o_O

The purpose of Turnitin is so professors and editors can upload term papers and submissions and have them screened for similarities to online postings. It's a way to catch students and authors who cut and paste the work of others.

:P
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” … George Orwell
Doc

Postby YMix » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:49 pm

But what if you changed the paper a bit, put it in quotes and wrote "Fixed" at the end? Would that work?
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
YMix

Postby Doc » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:59 pm

YMix wrote:But what if you changed the paper a bit, put it in quotes and wrote "Fixed" at the end? Would that work?

I imagine it would compare two papers and give a percentage of the amount of the same content. For example if you took the common words between the two leaving out the obvious 'I' "the" 'of' ex-cetera there compared their placement then an instructor would know which papers to compare for content.
Doc

Postby Nonc Hilaire » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:15 pm

YMix wrote:But what if you changed the paper a bit, put it in quotes and wrote "Fixed" at the end? Would that work?

Turnitin gives a percentage of similarity score. Doing that might lower the percentage a bit, but would not eliminate flagging the plagarized document.

Teresa of Ávila
Nonc Hilaire

Postby YMix » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:25 pm

I'm so glad you people got my joke.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
YMix

Postby Doc » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:41 pm

YMix wrote:I'm so disappointed you people didn't get my joke.{Fixed}

We got it Ymix. Unfortunately :P
Doc

Postby Simple Minded » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:45 pm

YMix wrote:I'm so glad you people DIDN'T get my joke.

fixed... ;)
"Are you watching me musterbate? You insensitive pervert!"
Simple Minded

Postby YMix » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:40 am

Doc wrote:We got it Ymix. Unfortunately :P

:o

;)
YMix

Return to Tea Time