Happy Australia Day

Tea is nought but this: first you heat the water, then you make the tea. Then you drink it properly.
Enki

Happy Australia Day

Post by Enki »

GRhBRg-XkWY
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Nonc Hilaire

Re: Happy Australia Day

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

I've never met an Australian I didn't like.

The country seems to abound with every form of venomous wildlife except the Arrogant Asshole.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

hN7Fo5y9Z-k
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:I've never met an Australian I didn't like.

The country seems to abound with every form of venomous wildlife except the Arrogant Asshole.
the furthur from australia you get the less likely they are to be venomous trash.... those types tend to stick their own suburb or at their most adventurous, hit the party towns in indonesia or thailand.

kind of like america and mexico i think.
ultracrepidarian
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Happy Australia Day!

cultivate a white rose
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

noddy wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:I've never met an Australian I didn't like.

the furthur from australia you get the less likely they are to be venomous trash.... those types tend to stick their own suburb or at their most adventurous, hit the party towns in indonesia or thailand.

kind of like america and mexico i think.
By venomous wildlife I was strictly talking about spiders, snakes etc.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
noddy

Post by noddy »

by venomous trash i was strictly talking arrogant assholes etc :P
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Excellent video Tinker. I loved it. Thanks for posting.

Happy Aussie Day to all down under.

Please don't ever get as fucked up as the individual Americans and Europeans who feel guilty about lavender that happened decades or centuries before they were born.

I never understood such an attitude. No wonder they are all miserable. Part of the justness of the universe I guess. Could also be part of the meaning of Karma. Internal pain caused by irrational ideology.
noddy

Post by noddy »

plenty of vain posturing about injustices and self flaggelations over skin colour im afraid.
plenty of dont give sh*t, them buggers is irrelevant primitives aswell.

luckily thats the media and the intellectuals, in the real world of people who dont spend their lives as talking heads with opinions its not so bad.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:plenty of vain posturing about injustices and self flaggelations over skin colour im afraid.

luckily thats the media and the intellectuals, in the real world of people who dont spend their lives as talking heads with opinions its not so bad.
Here in the US, most of the whinning is self-loathing.

Either those who blame their parents and DNA for their status in life, or those who feel guilty about something that someone with the same skin color, nationality, religion, etc. did decades or centuries before they were born, or the cosmic injustice of life in general. Huge amounts of guilt over the accident of birth.......

I always laugh when I hear someone talk about "racism in America." Those who see racism everywhere they look, are usually looking in a mirror.

Most people deal with the other people they meet as individuals. Sometimes people just don't like other people cause they are jerks, got nothing to do with skin color, religion, nationality, etc. But there is a lot of money to be made in being either a savior or a victim.

Again attitude..... seems like we keep coming back to alcohol as a solution doesn't it?
noddy

Post by noddy »

blink.
ultracrepidarian
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Simple Minded wrote:
noddy wrote:plenty of vain posturing about injustices and self flaggelations over skin colour im afraid.

Here in the US, most of the whinning is self-loathing.

Either those who blame their parents and DNA for their status in life, or those who feel guilty about something that someone with the same skin color, nationality, religion, etc. did decades or centuries before they were born, or the cosmic injustice of life in general. Huge amounts of guilt over the accident of birth.......
Definitely.
I always laugh when I hear someone talk about "racism in America." Those who see racism everywhere they look, are usually looking in a mirror.
Yeah, and people making excuses for their own mistakes.
Most people deal with the other people they meet as individuals. Sometimes people just don't like other people cause they are jerks, got nothing to do with skin color, religion, nationality, etc. But there is a lot of money to be made in being either a savior or a victim.
It's easier than working for a living.
Again attitude..... seems like we keep coming back to alcohol as a solution doesn't it?
So, trying to hook the redskins with firewater and steal their land, eh?
cultivate a white rose
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Azrael wrote:So, trying to hook the redskins with firewater and steal their land, eh?
where I live, the rednecks ;) control a lot more land than the redskins, and they are already self-medicating. In a drinking contest, I have little chance of winning....