Levitas

Tea is nought but this: first you heat the water, then you make the tea. Then you drink it properly.
Simple Minded

Re: Levitas

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:VjgmcZwaY1Y
:lol: What's wrong with teaching undergrads to labels their axes?

Poor Adolf, ya shoulda went with climate science.

So, the real reason why "Physicists" hate "Climate Scientists" finally comes out..... funding. ;)
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:
Typhoon wrote:VjgmcZwaY1Y
:lol: What's wrong with teaching undergrads to labels their axes?

Poor Adolf, ya shoulda went with climate science.

So, the real reason why "Physicists" hate "Climate Scientists" finally comes out..... funding. ;)
:lol:

Last time I looked US "climate science" equals about half the US NSF [National Science Foundation] and one-sixth of the US NIH annual budgets.

Never was so much wasted by so many on so little.

I recall an apocryphal story one of my seniors in the US told me about the field of HEP theory. A field with which he was familiar.
After a lot of applications, talks, and networking, a clever HEP theory postdoc at a national lab was offered an assistant prof position at a major university.

However, his wife had a well established career with a high paying job in the nearby large city. Her job was not very transportable.

After quite a bit of soul searching, the postdoc told his colleagues that he was going to turn down the offer.

They reacted,

“Are you nuts?
You may never get another such wonderful offer again or even any other offer again.
You can always get another wife.”
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:

Last time I looked US "climate science" equals about half the US NSF [National Science Foundation] and one-sixth of the US NIH annual budgets.

Never was so much wasted by so many on so little.

I recall an apocryphal story one of my seniors in the US told me about the field of HEP theory. A field with which he was familiar.
After a lot of applications, talks, and networking, a clever HEP theory postdoc at a national lab was offered an assistant prof position at a major university.

However, his wife had a well established career with a high paying job in the nearby large city. Her job was not very transportable.

After quite a bit of soul searching, the postdoc told his colleagues that he was going to turn down the offer.

They reacted,

“Are you nuts?
You may never get another such wonderful offer again or even any other offer again.
You can always get another wife.”
Agreed, AGW is a religion for the herd. Makes Tulip Blub mania looks downright sane.

I know a couple of fathers who have the opposite story.

"I can't believe you bailed out your stupid kids so many times."
"I agree, but after talking to my wife and my accountant, I learned that bailing them out again and again was still cheaper than a divorce."

The problem with real scientists is, they have no sense of fashion. Re; Jeff Goldblum in The Fly.

Here's my donation to struggling HEP post docs, thesis title: "Creating a Sustainable Population of Endangered Species HEP's in the Face of Threats from Racist LEP Genocide, Gun Violence, Abortion, and Reduced Habitat Due to AGW."

Should be good for at least 5 years.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

k1bG2EPGmI0
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=423_1453 ... ntent=link

noddy, some assistance in translating the Strine would be helpful . . . :wink:
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

hobrTEnGVDg
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=423_1453 ... ntent=link

noddy, some assistance in translating the Strine would be helpful . . . :wink:

This makes me want to move to Stralia.... too bad they got that damn FOWF policy in place..... :(
noddy

Post by noddy »

servo - service station, petrol station.
pluggers - double pluggers, high quality flip flops (*) that have 2 plugs in the back instead of one, less likely to have blowouts.
stubbies - football shorts, combined with a singlet and double pluggers is the uniform of choice for australian beer drinking.

(*) we also call double pluggers thongs but that confuses everyone else.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

d0MvIgPhKP0
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum

QN2gUsjfQow
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

j556MWGVVqI
YMix

Post by YMix »

1xgyQy7TG_Y

“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

YMix

Post by YMix »

“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

YMix

Post by YMix »

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

YMix wrote:Image
"Hey, I just lost my net connection!"
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

Wise Words.jpg
Wise Words.jpg (27.7 KiB) Viewed 1138 times
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

YMix wrote:1xgyQy7TG_Y

Brilliant. A local ad that is far better than any pro ad.

I am still not quite sure what the purpose of a PoE Injector is, but now I am convinced that I need one.
noddy

Post by noddy »

I am still not quite sure what the purpose of a PoE Injector is, but now I am convinced that I need one.
poe == power over ethernet.

why run 2 cables to an internet conntected device when you can run one, the "blue internet pipe" can also carry 12-48v over reasonable distances.
ultracrepidarian