Political Levitas

Tea is nought but this: first you heat the water, then you make the tea. Then you drink it properly.
Doc

Re: Political Levitas

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Doc wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Is that supposed to be Hillary or Bill?
I think it is one of those Trump l'oeil paintings.

Surely !!! Optical illusions are all the Democrats have left.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote:Hmmmm....
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Q: Where do suicide bombers go when they die?

A: Everywhere.
noddy

Post by noddy »

ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

12227594_10207790232292129_4720190942901405900_n.jpg
12227594_10207790232292129_4720190942901405900_n.jpg (111.93 KiB) Viewed 18078 times
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Hmmmmm.....

Some commenters (non-Rorschachian inkblots?) seem to think Linux is the way to go.

Any thoughts? Pros & Cons?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:
Hmmmmm.....

Some commenters (non-Rorschachian inkblots?) seem to think Linux is the way to go.

Any thoughts? Pros & Cons?
After the last update, Windows 10 is the fastest and most stable version of Windows that I've used. Given the stability of Windows since Win 7, that says a lot.

While many of my academic colleagues use Linux, either out of necessity and/or various ideologies, I have no interest in spending my time as a sys admin on my own system.

Should I ever come across software that I need, but that only runs on Linux, I can always run a Linux emulator on Windows.
noddy

Post by noddy »

ubuntu has taken most of the sysadmin out of linux, its not more drama to look after than a windows box, once you have learnt the basics you also need to learn on windows.

if you dont use any of the magor apps which only exist on windows or apple then its a valid option, lots has changed in the last few years and its not as crude as it was.

i have both windows and linux because they both come with tools i cant operate without, i cant imagine not having easy access to both and dont get caught up in arguments about which is better without groaning.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:Image
Or the Canadian Minister of Defense people, more in keeping with tradition.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Typhoon wrote:
i believe it was a sikh that made the picture, the sarcasm is strong.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:ubuntu has taken most of the sysadmin out of linux, its not more drama to look after than a windows box, once you have learnt the basics you also need to learn on windows.

if you dont use any of the magor apps which only exist on windows or apple then its a valid option, lots has changed in the last few years and its not as crude as it was.

i have both windows and linux because they both come with tools i cant operate without, i cant imagine not having easy access to both and dont get caught up in arguments about which is better without groaning.
Mucho thanks noddy & typhoon!
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
i believe it was a sikh that made the picture, the sarcasm is strong.
I see you point. :wink:
kmich

Post by kmich »

pEc-sreM-Sg
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

An early Christmas present for Mr. P.,

The coordinates are

41.8891° N, 87.6267° W

so that Mr. P. will know in which direction to face when praying. :wink:
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

YMix

Post by YMix »

Applying for a passport and looking up plane tickets to Middle Eastern destinations gives you the Roaming option (24/7 surveillance everywhere you go). Hanging out at a mosque extends the free surveillance package to all your friends. I think buying guns gets you moved to a more secure location.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
kmich

Post by kmich »

Trump can do a much better production when his Spring arrives:

kHmYIo7bcUw
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

kmich wrote:Trump can do a much better production when his Spring arrives:

kHmYIo7bcUw
Well, Il Douche does have the benefit of the Miss Universe pageant experience.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

In the USA, Il Douche [Trump] makes news by proposing apartheid for Muslims.

In Canada, concern that the squirrels might be putting on too much weight.

Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Business as usual for Trump partners in Dubai, Istanbul

Dubai's luxury property developer has said that it is business as usual regarding a partnership with the Trump Organization, which is run by the Republican presidential front-runner who has called for a ban on Muslims entering the United States.

"We would like to stress that our agreement is with the Trump Organization as one of the premium golf course operators in the world and as such we would not comment further on Mr Trump's personal or political agenda, nor comment on the internal American political debate scene," said Damac Properties Senior Vice President Niall McLoughlin in a statement seen by Al Jazeera on Tuesday.

The Istanbul-based residential and office towers in the Sisli district did not respond to Al Jazeera's request for comment by the time of publishing.

In an interview with Hotelier Middle East in May, Trump's daughter and executive in the family business, Ivanka, said that she was eyeing Abu Dhabi, Qatar and Saudi Arabia as further opportunities to exploit.

"He's more than happy to make money off Muslims, at the same time attacking them in the most vicious way possible," Ibrahim Hooper, spokesman for the Council on American Relations (CAIR), told Al Jazeera.

:lol: .. a real tragedy comedy

Last edited by Heracleum Persicum on Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.