Slingshot versus handgun

Tea is nought but this: first you heat the water, then you make the tea. Then you drink it properly.
manolo

Slingshot versus handgun

Post by manolo »

Folks,

Having recently taken up the slingshot I am interested in the ballistics of said apparatus. Below is a vid of a German slingshot enthusiast going head to head with a variety of handguns. The result is impressive and not a little surprising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLxnNP-ycVQ

My own experience bears this out. I invited a friend to a solitary spot and demonstrated my wrist rocket (using 9mm lead balls) over a wide area of open water. She was amazed, having expected a weak plop into a pond. Instead she saw a ranged shot of 60 yds, with very little declination and a powerful 'thwack' of the ball into the water. It would be a definite kill shot on small game.

My next plan is to increase the power of the rubbers, the calibre of the lead balls, and use a trigger release aid on the pouch. Of course I will never be a Joerge Sprave, but this is a fun endeavour.

What's not to like?

Alex.
Nonc Hilaire

Re: Slingshot versus handgun

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Feb. 14, I assume? Female companionship, rubbers, isolated lakefront location, very little declination and a powerful 'thwock' at the climax. Sounds like Cupid tagged you with his crossbow.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:Feb. 14, I assume? Female companionship, rubbers, isolated lakefront location, very little declination and a powerful 'thwock' at the climax. Sounds like Cupid tagged you with his crossbow.
Not if she used the "Sorry, I'm flying the Red Banner defense."
manolo

Post by manolo »

Folks,

This thread has coitus interruptus. :(

Alex.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

I've heard twisting the pouch 180° puts a spin on the projectile and increases accuracy.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:I've heard twisting the pouch 180° puts a spin on the projectile and increases accuracy.
I've tried twisting my projectile before, any more than 60 degrees is just too painful. I would think that twisting the pouch that much would cut off circulation.....
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

FjSAP08Khlg

Teresa of Ávila
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:I've heard twisting the pouch 180° puts a spin on the projectile and increases accuracy.
I've tried twisting my projectile before, any more than 60 degrees is just too painful. I would think that twisting the pouch that much would cut off circulation.....
apparently this a technique to let you play with the sling for longer.
ultracrepidarian
manolo

Post by manolo »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:FjSAP08Khlg
Nonc,

Thanks for the link. :)

Alex.