Cosmetic Surgery

Tea is nought but this: first you heat the water, then you make the tea. Then you drink it properly.
AzariLoveIran

Cosmetic Surgery

Post by AzariLoveIran »

WikiLeaks cable sticks the knife into Azerbaijan's first lady

A WikiLeaks cable about Mehriban Aliyeva, first lady of Azerbaijan, contains some of the cattiest comments to emerge from the leaked US embassy cables so far. Photograph: Alexey Sazonov/AFP

The first lady of Azerbaijan has problems showing a "full range of facial expression" following "substantial cosmetic surgery, (done) presumably overseas," US diplomats say witheringly in US embassy cables released by WikiLeaks.

In some of the cattiest comments to emerge from the leaked state department cables so far, diplomats shove the scalpel into Mehriban Aliyeva, the wife of Azerbaijan's president Ilham Aliyev. The cable written in January examines Aliyeva's family, the influential Pashayevs, describing them as one of oil-rich state's "most powerful families".

Under the headline "A First Lady, Too, in Fashion", Aliyeva is dubbed more "fashion-conscious and daring" than the "average woman in majority-Muslim Azerbaijan". As well as substantial foreign cosmetic surgery, the first lady "wears dresses that would be considered provocative even in the Western world," it says.

"On television, in photos, and in person, she appears unable to show a full range of facial expression," it adds. The cable describes how in September 2008 Aliyeva and her two daughters hosted "second lady Lynne Cheney" – the wife of former US vice-president Dick Cheney. With exquisite bitchiness it recalls: "Prior to the Second Lady's arrival, while the three ladies were waiting for Mrs Cheney's car, one Secret Service agent asked 'which one of those is the mother?' Emboffs (embassy officials) and White House staff studied the three for several moments, and then Emboff said, 'Well, logically the mother would probably stand in the middle.'"

The same cable talks disparagingly of Azerbaijan's political elite. "Observers in Baku often note that today's Azerbaijan is run in a manner similar to the feudalism found in Europe during the Middle Ages: a handful of well-connected families control certain geographic areas, as well as certain sectors of the economy." These families "collude, using government mechanisms" to keep out foreign competitors, it asserts.

Despite being an MP, the president's wife appears "poorly informed about political issues", US diplomats tell Washington. Her family's vast business interests, meanwhile, include several banks, an insurance company, construction, travel, and – so far – Azerbaijan's only Bentley dealership. Her collection of contemporary art forms the basis of Baku's new museum of modern art, the cable adds.

:lol:

Ilham, when it come to this, sign time to go

unless you want to die behind your desk (or hang from next lightpost)

BTW : Mehriban Aliyeva is a Syrian Sunni Muslim born in London.

noddy

Re: Cosmetic Surgery

Post by noddy »

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyle/t ... 6271183920
"They saved my life," the 32-year-old Brazilian said. "They cushioned the impact of the blow. I would be dead without them. My breasts stopped my face and my head being hit. I am so thankful for them.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

The sad part is the she was probably not unattractive before.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyle/t ... 6271183920
"They saved my life," the 32-year-old Brazilian said. "They cushioned the impact of the blow. I would be dead without them. My breasts stopped my face and my head being hit. I am so thankful for them.
czIHUPalZiY
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

typhoon wrote:The sad part is the she was probably not unattractive before.
And you know what's gonna happen........

One day; lips will go completely out of style and 'the look' will be a slash-mouth, something like you'd see on a chimpanzee. Then perfectly lovely young women with a bow-shaped bouche that would've been deemed perfection in their mother's day will have that all excised so that they could look like a....... burn victim or a living skull er something, and all of it will still not make any sense.....o_0........
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Demon of Undoing

Post by Demon of Undoing »

Relevant

wwySzkpyMfI
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Typhoon wrote:Image

The crappy make-up job does not help either.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Typhoon wrote:Image

The crappy make-up job does not help either.
Indeed. A personal dislike is shaved and redrawn too-thin eyebrows.