Celebrity Nutjobs

Tea is nought but this: first you heat the water, then you make the tea. Then you drink it properly.
Mr. Perfect

Celebrity Nutjobs

Post by Mr. Perfect »

A thread dedicated to these true morons. Idiots, who dare to preach to us about anything whose lives are nothing but destruction and misery. May they go the way of Denethor.

ICPGhxjW3fw

The little lecture at the end.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Re: Celebrity Nutjobs

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Madness.

SGfnOydG-Vo
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

CoGo2fka7kU
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

lZv3bS4n4Pg
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

_hp53hNaVgE
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

laJtS5WKums
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

IwgMEwIs_kI
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

K7IqQ_fsOOA
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

This thread has the potential to consume the entire bandwidth of the internet.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

I've never quite understood the interest in the opinions of actors and actresses outside of their craft.

After all, they are paid, the few successful ones very well, to perform the works of others.

Probably the most common example of sciolism.

This seems to be more of a Western phenomenon.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Also the vicarious interest in their personal lives, a phenomenon common across all cultures.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Typhoon wrote:I've never quite understood the interest in the opinions of actors and actresses outside of their craft.

After all, they are paid, the few successful ones very well, to perform the works of others.

Probably the most common example of sciolism.

This seems to be more of a Western phenomenon.
These are the western media controlled role models. They have religious style emotional hooks, like scientism and its celebrity science priests: Kako, Gore, Nye &c. Leading the public to aspire to a life of hedonism, decadence and symbolic corporate empathy.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
noddy

Post by noddy »

the celebrity thing is much stronger in america than the rest of the anglosphere which has much more boring politics with barely a celebrity to be found, just technocrats.

its truly a unique thing - any party that put on a merkin type song and dance show would be utterly lost over here.

I had it suggested this was because of the high levels of multiculture and the low standards of english in the large immigrant groups this meant that being a recognised face was more important than anything else.

as for spoilt brats who live off drugs and compliments being unreliable humans, well.....
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:the celebrity thing is much stronger in america than the rest of the anglosphere which has much more boring politics with barely a celebrity to be found, just technocrats.

its truly a unique thing - any party that put on a merkin type song and dance show would be utterly lost over here.

I had it suggested this was because of the high levels of multiculture and the low standards of english in the large immigrant groups this meant that being a recognised face was more important than anything else.

as for spoilt brats who live off drugs and compliments being unreliable humans, well.....
well said, and probably valid. never thought about celebrity like that before. name/face... even voice recognition is very valuable (read marketable) over here.

good point about the multi-cultti. I recently had a conversation with a friend from England who has lived here for 12 years. she told me of a conversation with a friend of hers back in England, who referred to "American Culture." My friend told her friend "You have no idea. There is no common culture over here. The size and diversity of Anerica defies description."
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

If you don't go to my movie you are an enemy of science.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/sc ... ience-flop
The director of a film reviled by the American people highlighted rejecting science as an explanation for why the movie bombed. In an interview with The Frame on Thursday, Mother! Director Darren Aronofsky responded to the movie’s highly unusual F-grade Cinemascore this way: “... You have other people who basically believe in the power of a iPhone that they can communicate to 35 million people in a blink of an eye, yet they don't believe in science in other ways.”

He continued, “It has as many people believe in it as believe in gravity. And it scares me and it's time to start screaming. So I wanted to howl. And this was my howl. And some people are not going to want to listen to it. That's cool.”

The movie website Dark Horizons noted that the Jennifer Lawerence film “has earned the dubious honor of being one of only nineteen films in history to receive an F-grade CinemaScore – a marker more of failed expectation than a bash of its quality.”
As we've been saying, many in Hollyweird are in it for the ideology.
Trying to express how Americans reacted so negatively to Mother!, the director seemed to indicate that they weren’t supposed to like it:

What's interesting about that is, like, how if you walk out of this movie are you not going to give it an "F?" It's a punch. It's a total punch. And I realize that we were excited by that. We wanted to make a punk movie and come at you. And the reason I wanted to come is because I was very sad and I had a lot of anguish and I wanted to express it.

Filmmaking is such a hard journey. People are constantly saying no to you. And to wake up every morning and get out of bed and to face all those no’s, you have to be willing to really believe in something.

I said, Look, this isn’t going to be a popularity contest. We’re basically holding up a mirror to what’s going on. All of us are doing this. But that final chapter hasn’t been written and, hopefully, things can change. And, to go back, the fact that it’s going down right now and things are really falling apart in a way that is really scary.
If only Americans would stop rejecting science and learn to love a movie that features a mob eating a baby.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

26YnLDrFk_8
noddy

Post by noddy »

Mr. Perfect wrote:If you don't go to my movie you are an enemy of science.

The director of a film reviled by the American people highlighted rejecting science as an explanation for why the movie bombed. In an interview with The Frame on Thursday, Mother! Director Darren Aronofsky responded to the movie’s highly unusual F-grade Cinemascore this way: “... You have other people who basically believe in the power of a iPhone that they can communicate to 35 million people in a blink of an eye, yet they don't believe in science in other ways.”

He continued, “It has as many people believe in it as believe in gravity. And it scares me and it's time to start screaming. So I wanted to howl. And this was my howl. And some people are not going to want to listen to it. That's cool.”

The movie website Dark Horizons noted that the Jennifer Lawerence film “has earned the dubious honor of being one of only nineteen films in history to receive an F-grade CinemaScore – a marker more of failed expectation than a bash of its quality.”
Trying to express how Americans reacted so negatively to Mother!, the director seemed to indicate that they weren’t supposed to like it:

What's interesting about that is, like, how if you walk out of this movie are you not going to give it an "F?" It's a punch. It's a total punch. And I realize that we were excited by that. We wanted to make a punk movie and come at you. And the reason I wanted to come is because I was very sad and I had a lot of anguish and I wanted to express it.

Filmmaking is such a hard journey. People are constantly saying no to you. And to wake up every morning and get out of bed and to face all those no’s, you have to be willing to really believe in something.

I said, Look, this isn’t going to be a popularity contest. We’re basically holding up a mirror to what’s going on. All of us are doing this. But that final chapter hasn’t been written and, hopefully, things can change. And, to go back, the fact that it’s going down right now and things are really falling apart in a way that is really scary.
If only Americans would stop rejecting science and learn to love a movie that features a mob eating a baby.

how does this add up ?

he was demonised by all the critiics and the audiences and noone cares about his opinion

Id agree their was an issue if this arthouse floggery resonated with the general public but it doesnt, they ignore it because its boring and not entertaining.
ultracrepidarian
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

The whole thing is just nutty.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

The RedLetterMedia guys say it well, around the 4 minute mark

f2oUaPFlbW8

"He's just a pretentious douchebag."

"He sounds like a Brooklyn cabdriver."

"The veil has been shredded around Darren Aronofsky and his mysterious, artistic genius. Now I know it's just a con job."

"I heard it's very, very over the top, and extreme, and obvious; and I said, "Oh! It's a Darren Aronofsky movie!"

"Over the top- I'm used to with Darren Aronofsky. What I'm not used to is the poor attempts to make a movie that is completely metaphorical, and falling on your face [doing it]."

[language warning, for those sensitive to that sort of thing]
NapLajoieonSteroids

noddy wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:If you don't go to my movie you are an enemy of science.

how does this add up ?

he was demonised by all the critiics and the audiences and noone cares about his opinion

Id agree their was an issue if this arthouse floggery resonated with the general public but it doesnt, they ignore it because its boring and not entertaining.

I don't know how it is showing internationally, but one of the strangest things surrounding the movie is that it wasn't arthouse floggery.

This got a mass release in popular theater chains by Paramount pictures. I assume that is the world over. But what should've been relegated to the arthouses and small indies instead got major motion picture backing.

It's not that kind of money maker- for good or ill is another matter- but its viability next to...the last franchise t-shirt movie is non-existent, and they spent hundreds of millions on marketing and the film itself as if it were a blockbuster.

So a group of executives thought it more prudent to get a message to the mass audience than to make a profit on this movie.

Was the goal to harass people and get them talking and maybe pick up a few bucks? Maybe, I could see that.

But all this nuttery we're heaping on this Brookyln Cab Driver should be aimed at the executives financing this.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: . . .

But all this nuttery we're heaping on this Brookyln Cab Driver should be aimed at the executives financing this.
From what I recall film industry finance and accounting is nothing if not creative with money moving from hand to hand until it vanishes.
noddy

Post by noddy »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: I don't know how it is showing internationally, but one of the strangest things surrounding the movie is that it wasn't arthouse floggery.

This got a mass release in popular theater chains by Paramount pictures. I assume that is the world over. But what should've been relegated to the arthouses and small indies instead got major motion picture backing.

It's not that kind of money maker- for good or ill is another matter- but its viability next to...the last franchise t-shirt movie is non-existent, and they spent hundreds of millions on marketing and the film itself as if it were a blockbuster.

So a group of executives thought it more prudent to get a message to the mass audience than to make a profit on this movie.

Was the goal to harass people and get them talking and maybe pick up a few bucks? Maybe, I could see that.

they do seem to pick occaisional arthouse floggeries and push them at the mainstream from time to time - the cook the thief, prosperos books, others that escape my addled memory.

their seems to be a threshold of director recognition and visual splendour they decide that the chardonnay sippin ladies will buy into it - i doubt the executives themselves can tell which of these will work from within the haze of their cocaine binges.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

noddy wrote:
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: I don't know how it is showing internationally, but one of the strangest things surrounding the movie is that it wasn't arthouse floggery.

they do seem to pick occaisional arthouse floggeries and push them at the mainstream from time to time - the cook the thief, prosperos books, others that escape my addled memory.

their seems to be a threshold of director recognition and visual splendour they decide that the chardonnay sippin ladies will buy into it - i doubt the executives themselves can tell which of these will work from within the haze of their cocaine binges.
hah, only the finest I suppose!

...I thought about that. It could come down to Paramount having signed a multi-picture contract with the director that has to play out because his Noah was a money losing flop but probably not to the extent that they could trigger "get out of the contract" clauses.

They probably think Ms.Jennifer Lawrence is a box office draw; would like to keep her happy by having her boyfriend play dollhouse.

I would love to waste three hundred million to keep people preoccupied. :D
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Hugh Hefner is roasting in a hot place tonight.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4565862/h ... d-playboy/
But it was the betrayal a young Hefner suffered at the hands of his first wife that marked his formative years and one that he went on to describe as "the most devastating moment" of his life.

He married Mildred Williams in 1949 in the belief the pair had 'saved themselves' for one another.

The couple had met at college in the mid 40s.

Little did Chicago-born Hefner know that his beloved Milly had slept with another man while her beau served in the US military during the Second World War.

Explaining his heartbreak, he said: "I think the relationship was probably held together by two years of foreplay.

"That wasn't unusual for our time. In fact, most of my immediate friends didn't have sex until they married. Milly and I had it just before.

"I had literally saved myself for my wife, but after we had sex she told me that she'd had an affair. That was the most devastating moment in my life.

"My wife was more sexually experienced than I was. After that, I always felt in a sense that the other guy was in bed with us, too."
NapLajoieonSteroids

Mr. Perfect wrote:Hugh Hefner is roasting in a hot place tonight.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4565862/h ... d-playboy/
But it was the betrayal a young Hefner suffered at the hands of his first wife that marked his formative years and one that he went on to describe as "the most devastating moment" of his life.

He married Mildred Williams in 1949 in the belief the pair had 'saved themselves' for one another.

The couple had met at college in the mid 40s.

Little did Chicago-born Hefner know that his beloved Milly had slept with another man while her beau served in the US military during the Second World War.

Explaining his heartbreak, he said: "I think the relationship was probably held together by two years of foreplay.

"That wasn't unusual for our time. In fact, most of my immediate friends didn't have sex until they married. Milly and I had it just before.

"I had literally saved myself for my wife, but after we had sex she told me that she'd had an affair. That was the most devastating moment in my life.

"My wife was more sexually experienced than I was. After that, I always felt in a sense that the other guy was in bed with us, too."
that explains a lot.