Celebrity Nutjobs

Tea is nought but this: first you heat the water, then you make the tea. Then you drink it properly.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: Celebrity Nutjobs

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Simple Minded wrote:
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:The cast couching has always existed. But so has homicide and robbery.

The question is, has it gotten worse and my answer would be yes.
How would one ever know. Methods of communication have gotten more efficient, and with that, increased moralizing.

"You are a moraless pig!" vs. "You are doing what you deem necessary in order to rise to the top!"

If the perpetrator or the cop talks the victim out of reporting the crime, the crime never enters the statistical database.

Without modern tech, would Monica & Bill ever have made headlines?
First hand accounts...the studio system suppressed a lot and there was a barrier between the wildness of the talent and the executives; who, if they wanted to go down that route, would just get prostitutes or mistresses not so connected to their own contracted talent pool. The rule of thumb was that if you were a woman accounted for by a husband/long term engagement, you were generally off-limits. Single women were predated upon but single women were not generally promoted to the A-list. A lot of sham-marriages of the period were the result of women needing to be spoken for which tamped down the couch mentality. That several of these women making accusations were either married or famously engaged in some relation when an incident took place, I'd say even if I were to disregard what I've specifically heard, the problem is more pervasive and old lines which were not crossed no longer exist.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Never heard of this before

fce6ChXwQ1U

t8Mi5Z8IH5o
Censorship isn't necessary
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:The cast couching has always existed. But so has homicide and robbery.

The question is, has it gotten worse and my answer would be yes.
I don't think so.

Classic Hollywood was replete with scandals that would easily shock today.

Atlas Obs | The Fixers Who Buried Classic Hollywood’s Biggest Scandals

Ranker | 14 Classic Hollywood Scandals

The Studio Heads of the Classic Hollywood Era

I can add Fatty Arbuckle's infamous rape trial and Charlie Chaplin's* predilection for underage brides.

*[As an aside, the older I become, the less I care for Chaplin's work and the more I appreciate Buster Keaton's]
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

http://ew.com/movies/2017/10/17/jennife ... se-weight/
“During this time a female producer had me do a nude line-up with about five women who were much, much, thinner than me. We are stood side-by-side with only tape on covering our privates,” she added.

“After that degrading and humiliating line-up, the female producer told me I should use the naked photos of myself as inspiration for my diet.”

Lawrence said she tried to stand up for herself and told another producer she thought the weight loss demands were not appropriate.

“He said he didn’t know why everyone thought I was so fat, he thought I was ‘perfectly f—able.’”
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

RH7wMFrWYoA
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

dvNiRVdtxW4
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Hugh Hefner is roasting in a hot place tonight.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4565862/h ... d-playboy/
But it was the betrayal a young Hefner suffered at the hands of his first wife that marked his formative years and one that he went on to describe as "the most devastating moment" of his life.

He married Mildred Williams in 1949 in the belief the pair had 'saved themselves' for one another.

The couple had met at college in the mid 40s.

Little did Chicago-born Hefner know that his beloved Milly had slept with another man while her beau served in the US military during the Second World War.

Explaining his heartbreak, he said: "I think the relationship was probably held together by two years of foreplay.

"That wasn't unusual for our time. In fact, most of my immediate friends didn't have sex until they married. Milly and I had it just before.

"I had literally saved myself for my wife, but after we had sex she told me that she'd had an affair. That was the most devastating moment in my life.

"My wife was more sexually experienced than I was. After that, I always felt in a sense that the other guy was in bed with us, too."
Wow! Hugh Hefner used to think a lot like you do now: that having premarital sex corrupts a relationship. Isn't that some freaky stuff?
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I think your life would be so much better if you worked on your reading comprehension.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

I think this belongs to "beautiful women" thread, so that there an "Alarm" not to fall into look .. but thought Typhoon maybe not see the dept of this and disagree :lol:

Will Smith and Johnny Depp are the reminder to all men, that you can have good looks, have all the fame in the world, and enough money to last 1000 lives, but if you don't have a good wife as a life partner, your life will be miserable.

A good woman is worth more than all the gold in the world.

If you found one, consider yourself rich.

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-24 at 2.03.17 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-04-24 at 2.03.17 PM.jpeg (78.85 KiB) Viewed 1901 times