Celebrity Nutjobs

Tea is nought but this: first you heat the water, then you make the tea. Then you drink it properly.
Typhoon

Re: Celebrity Nutjobs

Post by Typhoon »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:Hugh Hefner is roasting in a hot place tonight.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4565862/h ... d-playboy/
But it was the betrayal a young Hefner suffered at the hands of his first wife that marked his formative years and one that he went on to describe as "the most devastating moment" of his life.

He married Mildred Williams in 1949 in the belief the pair had 'saved themselves' for one another.

The couple had met at college in the mid 40s.

Little did Chicago-born Hefner know that his beloved Milly had slept with another man while her beau served in the US military during the Second World War.

Explaining his heartbreak, he said: "I think the relationship was probably held together by two years of foreplay.

"That wasn't unusual for our time. In fact, most of my immediate friends didn't have sex until they married. Milly and I had it just before.

"I had literally saved myself for my wife, but after we had sex she told me that she'd had an affair. That was the most devastating moment in my life.

"My wife was more sexually experienced than I was. After that, I always felt in a sense that the other guy was in bed with us, too."
that explains a lot.
The obsession with virginity has messed up countless individual's lives.
Along with ignorance about sex in general.
It is an infantile superstition of the human spirit that virginity would be thought a virtue and not the barrier that separates ignorance from knowledge.

― Voltaire
Playboy images were high art compared to Penthouse, Hustler, Vivid, etc.
The articles and interviews were revolutionary for their time.

Back in Hefner's day, a media channel such as Playboy was required for a girl to be seen.

Today women are doin' for themselves, provocatively posing at various levels of explicitness, via social media: Instagram, Tinder, and others.
As are men, I suppose.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

And in America the results have been disastrous for families. Families and lives ruined.
Censorship isn't necessary
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:And in America the results have been disastrous for families. Families and lives ruined.
Where have you gone Dr. Kellog, oh?
Our nation turns its failing eyes to you.
What do you propose to do? Ban women in the USA under the age of, say, forty from posting selfies on social media?

Anyways. Perhaps a symptom of a certain kind, but not a root cause.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Wow, that's a long thread of it's own.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Wow, that's a long thread of it's own.
Well, the "Current Events | Sex" exists for such topics.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Deep thoughts by the One Who Lectures.

3jw3I2MZzD0
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Someone should ask Ms.Germanotta how much she owes the mob for her career.

Or we are supposed to pretend that she didn't become stapled to the side of [publicly acknowledged if down played, as far as I'm aware] mob connected Mr.Benedetto while her career was flagging because 90-year old Tony wanted to stay relevant with teenagers?

...at least Tony has an alibi 'cause he started a long time ago when you definitely had to play that game to get around as a crooner/entertainer.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:Someone should ask Ms.Germanotta how much she owes the mob for her career.

Or we are supposed to pretend that she didn't become stapled to the side of [publicly acknowledged if down played, as far as I'm aware] mob connected Mr.Benedetto while her career was flagging because 90-year old Tony wanted to stay relevant with teenagers?

...at least Tony has an alibi 'cause he started a long time ago when you definitely had to play that game to get around as a crooner/entertainer.
She can talk the talk, but does she walk the walk?

It would be interesting to see if her life parallels those of other rich lecturers. What % of her income does she donate to charity?

Does she live in a mansion? Do the homeless have access to her house?

HP lectures on immigration come to mind........ I still don't have the house key to his digs....... :P
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Did not view the video as I am not interested in the views of musicians outside of music.
Similarly not interested in the views of actors outside of acting.

On the other hand, Lady Gaga is a marketing genius. Saw a video of her during her pre Lady Gaga days. Another talented pianist - singer destined to perform in small jazz bars and hotel lounges.

Instead she created this over the top persona, wrote a few catchy pop tunes, and made videos with enough soft kinky erotica to appeal to the mass market. Thereby avoided the fate of Billy Joel's proverbial "Piano Man". Few talented musicians do so.

Now she is set for life and is invited to sing with legend Tony Bennett.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

https://www.bustle.com/p/actresses-who- ... rs-2797158
Harvey Weinstein is taking a leave of absence from his production company The Weinstein Company after allegations of sexual harassment went public in an explosive exposé from The New York Times on Thursday, Oct. 5. Those alleging harassment by the longtime film producer include actor Ashley Judd, raising questions as to what other Hollywood stars with whom Weinstein may have allegedly acted inappropriately. Actresses who worked with Harvey Weinstein include many major Hollywood hitters, including Amy Adams, Julia Roberts, Patricia Arquette, Jessica Alba, Jennifer Lawrence, Gwyneth Paltrow, and more. All these women are actors of great caliber, and people will now likely be asked to comment on the allegations against Weinstein.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

https://www.lipstickalley.com/threads/6 ... in.800019/
The elite club where the crash and burn is just as swift and harsh, but even more vivid and public: the Harvey Weinstein club.

Every few years, Harvey picks a new girl as his pet. He puts her in a picture or two, takes her to an event, makes her a project, an attempted creation.

The Harvey Girls are easily spotted. They are all very pretty, often in a rather generic sense. Their instant fame and the push behind them comes seemingly out of nowhere and without any justification in terms of resume or skill set.

But the most telling sign, if you're looking, is the Want. These girls, each of them, has the look of desperation, of need. They WILL be famous. They WILL be stars.

Gwyneth Paltrow

Gwyneth won her Oscar for 'Shakespare in Love' in 1998, produced by Harvey Weinstein. the rumors of Gwyneth and Harvey's escapades were so wild, going as far as her then boyfriend, Brad Pitt allegedly breaking up with her because he caught her on her knees in front of Weinstein.

Mira Sorvino

Despite getting an Oscar for 'Mighty Aphrodite', Mira Sorvino failed to be as successful as Gwyneth, practically being in nothing of note since.

Jessica Alba

Alba had been around for a while prior to 2005's Sin City, but apparently Harvey fell in love at first seductive bull ride, trusting her with Awake.
when 'Awake' failed he given up on her. the one thing Harvey wants the most are Oscars and Alba did not have a shot at being taken seriously as an actress.

Sienna Miller

It's easy to forget just how hard the push was on Sienna Miller. She was huge. She was painted as this immense fashion icon who would be an unstoppable celebrity force as soon as Factory Girl was released. Harvey wanted to pull a Gwyneth and get her an Oscar.

Needless to say, that didn't happen.

Blake Lively

Despite only being in a CW show, Lively was all of the sudden touted a fashion icon, like Miller and became a somewhat of an it girl in the press with her fashion choices and her highly publicized relationship with Leonardo Dicaprio. Sadly, that did not translate into film succes.

Jennifer Lawrence

Harvey's biggest success since Gwyneth, he had managed to get her an Oscar at 22 and make her an it girl. more then rumors about Lawrence sleeping with Weinstein for that success, she was even accused of it by Lindsay Lohan.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

The casting couch is at least as old as Hollywood and probably goes back to the times of ancient Greece.

Who could have guessed that you have such an interest in the personal lives of celebrities.

We may have to rename this section "Mr. P.'s Gossip Column".
noddy

Post by noddy »

ahahha, he had to hang out with gwyneth and hillary, Guantanamo would be an improvement.
ultracrepidarian
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:The casting couch is at least as old as Hollywood and probably goes back to the times of ancient Greece.

Who could have guessed that you have such an interest in the personal lives of celebrities.

I monitor the Democrat like a doctor monitors cancer cells.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote:The casting couch is at least as old as Hollywood and probably goes back to the times of ancient Greece.

doctor of Proctology....... I assume... ;)
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:

Cancer does not discriminate.

FoxyNews | GOP Rep. Tim Murphy resigns after reports he asked mistress to get abortion

Crooks and con men I can deal with, it is the so called "upstanding members of the community", so to speak, that worry me.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:ahahha, he had to hang out with gwyneth and hillary, Guantanamo would be an improvement.
Hillary should have spent less time hanging out with celebrities and Hollywood tycoons and more time campaigning on issues that actually matter to Americans.

Anyways, this bit of gossip goes a long way in explaining Paltrow's compulsion to steam her nether regions.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Typhoon wrote: this bit of gossip goes a long way in explaining Paltrow's compulsion to steam her nether regions.
ahahha - also explains the OP thread title - "celebrity nut jobs"
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:
Typhoon wrote: this bit of gossip goes a long way in explaining Paltrow's compulsion to steam her nether regions.
ahahha - also explains the OP thread title - "celebrity nut jobs"
Quite. Very good.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Predators.

NMq6xDHBKwQ
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Liberals.

rzcanJigO6U
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

The essence of liberalism. Or, liberalism distilled.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/old-cli ... uth-on-it/
Old Clip Resurfaces of Kimmel Having Women Guess What’s In His Pants: Maybe ‘Put Your Mouth On It’
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

The cast couching has always existed. But so has homicide and robbery.

The question is, has it gotten worse and my answer would be yes.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:The cast couching has always existed. But so has homicide and robbery.

The question is, has it gotten worse and my answer would be yes.
How would one ever know. Methods of communication have gotten more efficient, and with that, increased moralizing.

"You are a moraless pig!" vs. "You are doing what you deem necessary in order to rise to the top!"

If the perpetrator or the cop talks the victim out of reporting the crime, the crime never enters the statistical database.

Without modern tech, would Monica & Bill ever have made headlines?