User Names

Tea is nought but this: first you heat the water, then you make the tea. Then you drink it properly.
Typhoon

Re: User Names

Post by Typhoon »

Jnalum Persicum wrote:.

Hallo

Hello, Azari.
AzariLoveIran wrote:
those half backed wannaBee intellectual sounding names do not attract any traffic

"Jnalum Persicum" is unusual and raises people's curiosity

and

it is a recognition of Azari's contribution generating "intelligent" traffic

Jnalum Persicum should be included in Poll and given serious consideration

any takers ?

Please decide on which of your two nom de agora you would prefer to use.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
crashtech

Post by crashtech »

Enki wrote:I got out of IT because I got sick of being around broken tech all the time. I got into IT because I loved the tech, and then found out how awful it was to only be using the cool lavender when it was broken.
Fixing broken tech is my calling. I get a thrill out of bringing things back to life!
Attachments
young_frankenstein.jpg
young_frankenstein.jpg (39.55 KiB) Viewed 1702 times
Jnalum Persicum

Post by Jnalum Persicum »

Back a few yrs ago, when I for the first time registered in ATOL not even knowing what a forum was, reason I chose AzariLoveIran, was, to genuflect Spengler

Spengler, after continuous attacks on our beloved Iran, he crossed a red line

First he argued that Azari will revolt against mad mullahs and change the regime

Next, he wrote an article arguing Iranian woman all hookers ..

well

So

to leave no ambiguity whatsoever

I, an Iranian, an Azari, in love with Iran

chose AzariLoveIran

that, served it purpose .. David back to his cage

Now, dear Colonel, I am " Jnalum Persicum "

cincinnatus

Post by cincinnatus »

AzariLoveIran wrote:.

I have a few comment about user names ;

- IMO, users should use same "name/avatar" throughout all foras

reason is, after a while, one knows the views of the debater .. helps to understand his argument

- "name/avatar" should be "representative/discloser"

if one is conservative, or liberal, Iranians, Arab, Japanese, Chinese, redneck, Zionist, male/female, gay, fascist, communist, Islamist, Christian Zionist, etc etc .. one should know upfront

why ?

because, a fascist, or Zionist talking about freedom is not same as a Communist or an Islamist talking about freedom .. they mean different things under freedom .. if one knows their affiliation one knows what they mean

name/avatar should be part of discloser

changing and having new "name/avatar" with each new fora .. although one can guess WhoIsWho .. not a good idea

I've stuck with Cincinnatus throughout the "mothership", and several of the off-shoots since 2008 for somewhat the reason you mention. However, it most definitely should be one's choice, not some formal rule(s). Besides, this is a relatively small group, and several folks have distinctive "voices" that one can easily identify whether it's Tinker, Socky or Enki. Same with Berzerk Savant/Demon of Undoing, Mr. Perfect, and not to be left out, yourself. ;)
"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."
Jnalum Persicum

cincinnatus wrote:
AzariLoveIran wrote:.

I have a few comment about user names ;

- IMO, users should use same "name/avatar" throughout all foras

reason is, after a while, one knows the views of the debater .. helps to understand his argument

- "name/avatar" should be "representative/discloser"

if one is conservative, or liberal, Iranians, Arab, Japanese, Chinese, redneck, Zionist, male/female, gay, fascist, communist, Islamist, Christian Zionist, etc etc .. one should know upfront

why ?

because, a fascist, or Zionist talking about freedom is not same as a Communist or an Islamist talking about freedom .. they mean different things under freedom .. if one knows their affiliation one knows what they mean

name/avatar should be part of discloser

changing and having new "name/avatar" with each new fora .. although one can guess WhoIsWho .. not a good idea

I've stuck with Cincinnatus throughout the "mothership", and several of the off-shoots since 2008 for somewhat the reason you mention. However, it most definitely should be one's choice, not some formal rule(s). Besides, this is a relatively small group, and several folks have distinctive "voices" that one can easily identify whether it's Tinker, Socky or Enki. Same with Berzerk Savant/Demon of Undoing, Mr. Perfect, and not to be left out, yourself. ;)

Yes, true

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Back a few yrs ago, when I for the first time registered in ATOL not even knowing what a forum was, reason I chose AzariLoveIran, was, to genuflect Spengler

Spengler, after continuous attacks on our beloved Iran, he crossed a red line

First he argued that Azari will revolt against mad mullahs and change the regime

Next, he wrote an article arguing Iranian woman all hookers ..

well

So

to leave no ambiguity whatsoever

I, an Iranian, an Azari, in love with Iran

chose AzariLoveIran

that, served it purpose .. David back to his cage

Fair enough. Jnalum Persicum it is.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Jnalum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:.

Fair enough. Jnalum Persicum it is.

happy with "Persicum"

Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Don't remember how I first came up with Hoosiernorm. I had registered on a friend finder site and consistently got notes from transexuals who wanted me to give them money to have them spank me, so I decided with such incredible luck I should by all means employ that username when I registered at the Spengler Board.
Ironically with all of the sadistic personalities that I encountered there the results were about the same.

I think that once before I had arrived at the conclusion that I was actually being simply myself in a room of incredibly gifted young minds and quite good posters and writers.
I didn't want a pretentious username because I am not a pretentious person. I am the normal midwesterner (a Hoosier specifically) transplanted to a somewhat larger suburbia than where I grew up so life is a bit more complex but still discernible.
Been busy doing stuff
Atmosphere

Post by Atmosphere »

Around the time that I'd first posted to the Spengler board, Anthropogenic Global Warming fear mongering was still going on throughout much of the Western world. It was always on TV, in print, and people were talking about it. Since Spengler essays dealt with the end of civilizations, or it not being the end of the world even if it's the end of you, I figured I'd go with something AGW-themed. Something about how things in the atmosphere will lead to the end of everything. An AGW skeptic could see the big scam being played out in politics and commerce through those years, so the name seemed to have sufficient levels of cynicism as a commentary on human affairs.

Secondly, my first avatar was a picture of a Space Shuttle orbiting above the atmosphere of Earth, taken from the view of the ISS. At the time, the cancellation of the Shuttle program was already planned out. The image also seemed emblematic of decline, where one of the most sophisticated pieces of machinery ever built was already 30+ years old, and there was nothing yet to replace it. Since then, I've chosen avatars with simple imagery of clouds and sky. It is something much bigger than humans, both terrible and beautiful at once.

There are a few other levels of meaning that could go into the name, such as atmospheres of either fear or prosperity throughout a society. Climates of panic when a market is crashing, or when dictatorships are rising, for examples. Then on an interpersonal level, there are atmospheres that people make to set the mood at a party, or in a bar or lounge, or on a romantic date with candles lit around the place.

I've considered changing the name since, as it might seem awkward for other people to call another person such a thing as 'atmosphere.' But since I've used it on several different forums already, I’ve decided to stick with it for a while longer for continuity's sake.
Hans Bulvai

Post by Hans Bulvai »

It seems that most of us prefer the status quo!

We are such routine whores! :D

I started the new Forum with 'Zero Signal' but it was my wife that suggested that there is still a pulse so technically
pulse.jpg
pulse.jpg (49.04 KiB) Viewed 1646 times
I don't buy supremacy
Media chief
You menace me
The people you say
'Cause all the crime
Wake up motherfucker
And smell the slime
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

Colonel

I'm reverting to AzariLoveIran

reflects more my feelin

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Well...... are we gonna start with the crying jags now? Are you sure you're takin' the right hormone supplements???2??.....'>.....
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

... reason I chose AzariLoveIran, was, to genuflect Spengler
:lol:

I chose Zack Morris because like him, I am also regarded as a tall, blond Tom Cruise.
Hans Bulvai

Post by Hans Bulvai »

Zack Morris wrote:
I chose Zack Morris because like him, I am also regarded as a tall, blond Tom Cruise.
I would have thought because of this...
kelly-saved-by-the-bell-floral-crop-top-gif.gif
kelly-saved-by-the-bell-floral-crop-top-gif.gif (96.23 KiB) Viewed 1608 times
I don't buy supremacy
Media chief
You menace me
The people you say
'Cause all the crime
Wake up motherfucker
And smell the slime
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Watch it, buddy! That's my wife!

cincinnatus

Post by cincinnatus »

Zack Morris wrote:

I hate to ask, but what was your "name" at the last pit stop? I am thinking DoU or Mr. P, but I don't want to assume and be wrong.
"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

...but on steroids. Lots of them. It keeps me animated.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

That's funny, I thought it was a take off on Napoleaon Dynamite.

Sure you aren't a Brahmin?

I am not Zack Morris. He is too patient to be me.
Censorship isn't necessary
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

cincinnatus wrote:
Zack Morris wrote:

I hate to ask, but what was your "name" at the last pit stop? I am thinking DoU or Mr. P, but I don't want to assume and be wrong.
Captain Murphy is my guess.
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Hans Bulvai wrote:
Zack Morris wrote:
I would have thought because of this...

Oh, Lord. Probably the first girl I wanted to . . . .

brings back memories.
cultivate a white rose
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
jerryberry

Post by jerryberry »

3nv5cDjXPIY
Demon of Undoing

Post by Demon of Undoing »

I can generally tell who is who within a few posts. I knew it was ~ as Odin right off, and suspected feck, though the comments about having grown children threw me off ( not sure if that was a false trail or what). All the way back to Geotima, it's never been a problem. I can smell you people through the aether.

Berzerk Savant was from when I first started posting at Spengler back in '06. At that point, there wasn't so much waxwing and onewhosees ( though I am pretty sure he was there as Babe The Glazed Ham, booted when he spoke of shotgunning gays in a convo with Tinker and Orpheus M, whom I miss quite a bit. He has put in appearances at Diegetics, IIRC). Instead, there was Elendil, Tor, Collingwood, Nergol, TI, and a number of others at or near the same level of education. Ivy League, Oxford, former FBI guys, lavender like that. It was fairly rarefied air, in a serious way. I was reaching for pure arrogance even trying to post on their level, but then they fucked up and for some reason started talking about my field of investigation. So, with the understanding that I would be the intellectual runt of the litter, I made up Berzerk Savant. Nobody has ever credibly called me an durian, that's not my problem.

This is my problem.

W-rEiVl_0hA

Except I never seem to have a problem running out of it before a battle. Oy.

So, there's that. Demon of Undoing was something I switched to on Diegetics, mostly on a whim. It is from thisbook, one of those scifi novels I read when considerably younger that had bad cover art, a slightly imitative setting, but a very good story. In the book, humans have come to the world of a bipedal feline race and promptly screwed it up, by virtue of all the hazards attendant to violations of the Prime Directive. After retreating to their own continent, humans become creatures of myth for the clannish and warlike felines, until one rogue high caste cat finds a living example. The human are the Demons of Undoing, and so are we all. I just admit it.

I was either that or Turd Furgesson.
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Would you have worn the big yellow hat?

Been busy doing stuff
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Wow..... you guys really put a lot of thought into representing :) or mis-representing yourselves... ;)

I be impressed.

I chose my user name based on the fact that I is.

That and a small attempt to poke fun at the pseudo-intellectuals who take themselves and their self-admired opinons so seriously..... in their attempts to influence the world.

"If a man empties himself of himself, who can harm him?"

ps. Lzzrdgrrl, I still love you for your mind.......