Conspiracy Theories, Crackpots, and other Looney Tunes

Tea is nought but this: first you heat the water, then you make the tea. Then you drink it properly.
Typhoon

Re: Conspiracy Theories and other Looney Tunes

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

I received a poll from a US congressman years ago that had a series of questions

All of which can be summed up as "Do you agree with me or are you a heartless stupid durian?"

WHich of course teh congressman could send for free under his franking privileges. And people wonder why the US Post Office is going broke
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Many popular conspiracy theories are missing, and many of the listed ones are not conspiracy based but simply ignorance on parade.

I think the days of dismissively categorizing ideas as conspiracy theory are about over. Too many conspiracy theories have turned out to have a considerable quantity of factual substance, and many scientific and politically orthodox pronouncements found lacking.

People are simply losing their trust in authorities. That is a real problem which needs to be addressed, not ridiculed.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

from the link
12 Million Americans Believe Lizard People Run Our Country
Might not be true, but sure feels that way :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and

don't 4get

where's smoke, must be fire

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

from the link
12 Million Americans Believe Lizard People Run Our Country
Might not be true, but sure feels that way :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :

When we try to catch them, the tail breaks off in our hand and the lizard escapes!
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Was Reagan the last duly elected U.S. President?

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2013/11/10 ... president/

A relatively broad but concise and readable conspiracy theory. There is nothing really new here to those who are interested in this contemporary folklore, but here are the bare bones in a couple pages of coherent text. Worth the 5-10 min. read to get a fix on current group imagination.

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

The US Secretary of State has become one of the highest-ranking politicians to publicly doubt that Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone conspirator in Kennedy's murder

Now, pretty much everybody knows Kennedy was killed by "military industrial interest" .. in America, everybody, including WAR, is mainly and only business, to make money .. and .. biggest business is Arms Industry

Doc

Post by Doc »

The US Secretary of State has become one of the highest-ranking politicians to publicly doubt that Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone conspirator in Kennedy's murder

Now, pretty much everybody knows Kennedy was killed by "military industrial interest" .. in America, everybody, including WAR, is mainly and only business, to make money .. and .. biggest business is Arms Industry
Yeah it is way too Obvious given Oswald's uncle was in the Mob and jack Ruby was in the Mob And the mob felt they were double crossed by the Kennedys after getting JFK elected, and that is who Bobby Kennedy believed ordered his brother's murder. Plus the mobster admitting he ordered Kennedy's murder it 20 years later. It is just not believable that it is that simple. :roll:

http://bitterqueen.typepad.com/friends_ ... ey-oswald/
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Evidently I am not the only person who finds the psychology of conspiracy theory fascinating.
To believe that the U.S. government planned or deliberately allowed the 9/11 attacks, you’d have to posit that President Bush intentionally sacrificed 3,000 Americans. To believe that explosives, not planes, brought down the buildings, you’d have to imagine an operation large enough to plant the devices without anyone getting caught. To insist that the truth remains hidden, you’d have to assume that everyone who has reviewed the attacks and the events leading up to them—the CIA, the Justice Department, the Federal Aviation Administration, the North American Aerospace Defense Command, the Federal Emergency Management Agency, scientific organizations, peer-reviewed journals, news organizations, the airlines, and local law enforcement agencies in three states—was incompetent, deceived, or part of the cover-up.

And yet, as Slate’s Jeremy Stahl points out, millions of Americans hold these beliefs. In a Zogby poll taken six years ago, only 64 percent of U.S. adults agreed that the attacks “caught US intelligence and military forces off guard.” More than 30 percent chose a different conclusion: that “certain elements in the US government knew the attacks were coming but consciously let them proceed for various political, military, and economic motives,” or that these government elements “actively planned or assisted some aspects of the attacks.”

How can this be? How can so many people, in the name of skepticism, promote so many absurdities?

The answer is that people who suspect conspiracies aren’t really skeptics. Like the rest of us, they’re selective doubters. They favor a worldview, which they uncritically defend. But their worldview isn’t about God, values, freedom, or equality. It’s about the omnipotence of elites.
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_an ... ingle.html

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

JFK

JFK.png
JFK.png (158.6 KiB) Viewed 2655 times
Doc

Re: JFK

Post by Doc »

Fake There is no record of this speech and it never showed up until 2011.
Last edited by Doc on Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heracleum Persicum

Re: JFK

Doc wrote:.

Fake There is no record of this speech and it never showed until 2011.

Yes, probably fake

but

like the good Henry Ford used to say, "it sure feels that way"

looking in retrospect, JFK might not have said it (loudly), but he should have .. if so .. America would be now much better off .. there would be no nuclear Iran and probably no Iraq and no Afghanistan war and and

Interesting

Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Been busy doing stuff
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

https://www.slideshare.net/ernestrauths ... of-banking

A rather cogent explanation of the world banking conspiracy theory. There is some real history too starting around slide 100 with a transcription of McFadden's speech delivered just before his poisoning.

Teresa of Ávila
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Could this be a conspiracy inspired by Satan... the suggestion that God is a conspiracy?? :oops:

The Devil at his best and most dangerous.. when he starts to make sense! :shock:

Is God a conspiracy theory?
Religious beliefs have a lot in common with paranoid “conspiracy theory” beliefs. It’s worth taking a look, and asking the question: Is God just one big conspiracy theory?

First, let’s look at some of the superficial similarities between the most common religious beliefs and paranoid “conspiracy theory” types of beliefs.

1) There is something that has extraordinary powers that knows the intimate details of your life, your mind, and your intentions even before you act.

2) This thing with extraordinary powers has a specific agenda, and will punish you if you do not comply with that agenda.

3) There is no direct evidence (only indirect evidence) that this thing with extraordinary powers exists and acts within the world.

When this “something” is the Illuminati or “The Jews” or a top-secret government cabal that nobody has ever heard of, we refer to these beliefs as a “conspiracy theory”. But when the “something” is God, we refer to the exact same set of beliefs simply as “religion”.

And that is just the surface similarity.

But above and beyond that, there is also a similarity in the way these beliefs are treated by people when they are thinking.

Psychologists and anthropologists who study religious belief have long recognized that religious beliefs operate in a manner that is different from “regular beliefs”. Religious beliefs are constructed in a way that is inherently non-falsifiable. There exists no experiment that can falsify the existence of angels, or of an afterlife, or of a God that answers all prayers. Even events that might appear on their face to deny the belief can be interpreted in a way that is not threatening to the core belief itself (e.g. “God works in mysterious ways” or “God answers all prayers, but sometimes the answer is ‘no’.”)

This is different from your normal day-to-day beliefs about the world. You believe that your friend is home, but if you go to your friend’s house and see that it is empty, you do not construct an elaborate explanation that allows you to continue the belief in the face of this new evidence: you simply stop believing that your friend is home.

Conspiracy theories, on the other hand, function exactly like religious beliefs. Any evidence that can be interpreted as consistent with the theory will be seen as supporting evidence, whereas any evidence that is inconsistent will be seen as part of the “great plan” that is obfuscating the truth. Moreover, the belief itself is taken as a given that need not be proved. On the contrary, the believer in a conspiracy theory (much like a believer in God) will ask a person who does not believe to prove that the theory is false.

So this raises an interesting question: Are “conspiracy theories” and “religion” just similar and overlapping mental constructs, that maybe draw on some of the same underlying elements?

Or is it more simple than that?

Is belief in God just an example of the biggest, most popular, most widely-accepted conspiracy theory in all of human history?
Deep down I'm very superficial
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Someone murdered Kurt Cobain; or, there is a whole bunch of funny business surrounding his death that because of his position as a celebrity and a well known drug addict, was never addressed.

The biggest one, of course, being several credit card charges to his mastercard during the week he was missing and hours after Seattle's coroner's office declared him dead.
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Many Germans feel a special bond to Russia

That Ukrainian famine episode was due to a "shortcoming" of that stupid "western communist conspiracy" (western because Communism was invented by German/British/Jewish Marx/Engel) that was forced (by Germans/Lenin) on Russian people

Stalin did not intent doing harm to USSR agriculture production or any other sector, Stalin was building Russia up .. Stalin, a Georgian revolutionary, did not understand communism and Agri do not mix, did not do good in Cuba, did not do good in China, did not do well in Israel/Kibbutz .. was not like Stalin KNEW this would lead to famine in Ukraine unlike those Brits emptying the Silos in Iran (WW I) knowing very well that will lead to famine and 10 million Iranian dead

What territory did Russia get from Germany as war reparation ? ? nothing .. East Germany did not belong to Russia, it was Germany but communist .. Russians did not annex anything after WW II .. USSR was same as B4 WW II

One looking at "communism" today, one will say .. Communism was same as "Stuxnet" of today, a virus, sent by west, to destroy Russia .. a very handy western conspiracy used as excuse to do all those things to Vietnam, to Iran, to South America and and and

As said, Russia, Iran (Mossadehg episode), Nasser (Egypt), South America and Africa, Lumumba and and all victims

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

This one is even better than the Driedel of Death. It seems the US will be conquered on 6/22/14 based on analysis of number sequences found in The Simpsons.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2014/06/10 ... in-infamy/

Teresa of Ávila
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

The Kantian Russian Polish Annexation of German Territory...

Post by monster_gardener »

That Ukrainian famine episode was due to a "shortcoming" of that stupid "western communist conspiracy" (western because Communism was invented by German/British/Jewish Marx/Engel) that was forced (by Germans/Lenin) on Russian people

Stalin did not intent doing harm to USSR agriculture production or any other sector, Stalin was building Russia up .. Stalin, a Georgian revolutionary, did not understand communism and Agri do not mix, did not do good in Cuba, did not do good in China, did not do well in Israel/Kibbutz .. was not like Stalin KNEW this would lead to famine in Ukraine unlike those Brits emptying the Silos in Iran (WW I) knowing very well that will lead to famine and 10 million Iranian dead

What territory did Russia get from Germany as war reparation ? ? nothing .. East Germany did not belong to Russia, it was Germany but communist .. Russians did not annex anything after WW II .. USSR was same as B4 WW II

One looking at "communism" today, one will say .. Communism was same as "Stuxnet" of today, a virus, sent by west, to destroy Russia .. a very handy western conspiracy used as excuse to do all those things to Vietnam, to Iran, to South America and and and

As said, Russia, Iran (Mossadehg episode), Nasser (Egypt), South America and Africa, Lumumba and and all victims

Thank You Very Much for your post, Azari,
Stalin did not intent doing harm to USSR agriculture production
Evidence is that Stalin the Sociopath Terrorist did not give a damn about whether it was hurt or Ukrainians died as long as it got collectivized per his orders and resisters to that were eliminated by whatever means necessary :evil:

What territory did Russia get from Germany as war reparation ? ? nothing ..
Wrong!

Soviet Union got Konigsberg where Euler's 7 Bridges were & Immanuel Kant took his walks....

Now called Kaliningrad.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalingrad#Soviet_Union

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immanuel_Kant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Brid ... B6nigsberg

Russians did not annex anything after WW II
Wrong!

See above.........

Also the Russians annexed Polish territory and then compensated the Poles with German Territory....

Very Clever those Russian Were-Bears.....
USSR was same as B4 WW II
Wrong!

See above.....

Not that I really have a problem with this....

Post WW2 Germany was lucky to be allowed to exist as only 2 States.....

Could have been reduced to its constituent states.......

Or pastoralized........ No industry allowed.....

Cold War was good for Germany.... ;)

Froze it together....:twisted: :lol:
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Heracleum Persicum

News CIA baby : Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi

CIA ran out of mileage with Ossama

The new CIA baby is called "Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi" :lol: :lol:

pepe020714.gif
pepe020714.gif (32.63 KiB) Viewed 2469 times
Al-Baghdadi, born Ibrahim al-Badri in Samarra, is an average Sunni Iraqi cleric with a degree in pedagogy from the University of Baghdad. His alter ago was born after Shock and Awe in 2003, and soon metamorphosed into a de facto serial killer - blowing up Shi'ite kids at ice-cream shops or scores of women at Shi'ite weddings.

ISIL's track record in Syria includes banning every flag apart from its own; the destruction of any "polytheist" temple or sanctuary (except if it is Sunni); and strict imposition of Islamically correct women wear. Most of all, it is a track record of terror. This is not an army, rather a well-trained militia of professional mujahid, European passport holders included, with battlefield experience in Iraq, Afghanistan and, to a lesser degree, Chechnya. Heavy weaponizing is petrodollar-financed - the usual, wealthy "Gulf donors", which does not exclude official connections.

Sources of income diversified mightily when ISIL captured the oilfields surrounding Deir Ezzor in Syria; and after the recent offensive across Niniveh province in Iraq, they were able to lay their hands on vast arsenals of heavy artillery, lots of cash and gold bullion and, why not, US Humvees left behind. Their trademark, of course, are those columns of brand new white Toyota Land cruisers - free off road advertising Toyota HQ in Japan may not find particularly welcome.

Loaded with oil and profiting from tax revenue, IS is now firmly on its way to provide (minimal) services and support a (mighty) Jihadi Army - much like the Taliban from 1996 to 2001. One may be sure IS will continue its massive "social engagement" strategy; talk about a chatty Caliphate which loves YouTube, Facebook and Twitter. No wonder they are a hit among Google generation recruits - as well as becoming fund-raising aces via gruesome videos. In thesis, indoctrination progresses hand in hand with "charity work"; residents of Aleppo, for instance, can dwell on how ISIL (gruesomely) looks and feels on the ground.

Mission forever unaccomplished

It's unclear how the new IS reality will play on the ground. The new Caliph has in fact declared a jihad on all that basket of corrupt and/or incompetent Middle East "leaders" - so some fierce "battle for survival" reaction from the Houses of Saud and Thani, for instance, is expected. It's not far-fetched to picture al-Baghdadi dreaming of lording over Saudi oilfields - after decapitating all Shi'ite workers, of course.

And that's just a start; in one of their Tweeter accounts IS has published a map of all the domains they intend to conquer within the span of five years; Spain, Northern Africa, the Balkans, the whole Middle East and large swathes of Asia. Well, they are certainly more ambitious than NATO.

Being such a courageous bunch, the House of Saud is now tempted to accept that imposing regime change on Nouri al-Maliki in Iraq is a bad idea. That puts them in direct conflict with the Obama administration, whose plan A, B and C is regime change.

Turkey - the former seat of the Caliphate, by the way - remains mute. No wonder; Ankara - crucially - is the top logistical base of IS. Caliph Erdogan's got to be musing about his own future, now that he's facing competition. In theory, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Jordan are all saying they're ready to fight what would be a "larger-scale war" than that gift that keeps on giving, the original, Cheney junta-coined GWOT (global war on terror).

And then there's the future of the new $500 million Obama fund to "appropriately vetted" rebels in Syria, which in fact means the expansion of covert CIA "training facilities" in Jordan and Turkey heavily infiltrated/profited from by IS. Think of hordes of new IS recruits posing as "moderate rebels" getting ready for a piece of the action.

It's easier for Brazil to win the World Cup with a team of crybabies with no tactical nous than having US Secretary of State John Kerry and his State Department ciphers understand that the Syrian "opposition" is controlled by jihadis. But then again, they do know - and that perfectly fits into the Empire of Chaos's not so hidden Global War on Terror (GWOT) agenda of an ever-expanding proxy war in both Syria and Iraq fueled by terror financing.

So 13 years ago Washington crushed both al-Qaeda and the Taliban in Afghanistan. Then the Taliban were reborn. Then came Shock and Awe. Then came "Mission Accomplished". Then al-Qaeda was introduced in Iraq. Then al-Qaeda was dead because Osama bin Laden was dead. Then came ISIL. And now there's IS. And we start all over again, not in the Hindu Kush, but in the Levant. With a new Osama.

What's not to like? If anyone thinks this whole racket is part of a new live Monty Python sketch ahead of their reunion gig this month in London, that's because it is.

Look, NSA listening to everything, spy satellites can read a newspaper in your hand, and and and .. how can these animals progress without American not knowing what's cookin ? ?

Iran, Khamnei, said, this new CIA baby

Stay tuned for "unintended consequences"

Heracleum Persicum

Re: News CIA baby : Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi

:lol: :lol:

Stay tuned for a CNN Amanpour interview with Baghdadi :lol: