Conspiracy Theories, Crackpots, and other Looney Tunes

Tea is nought but this: first you heat the water, then you make the tea. Then you drink it properly.
Mr. Perfect

Re: Conspiracy Theories and other Looney Tunes

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I'm wondering why science posts are ending up in Conspiracy Theories.
Censorship isn't necessary
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I'm wondering why science posts are ending up in Conspiracy Theories.
MP, we in Trump age, everything fake, mirage, probably "fake science" .. the real scientist went home, to China and Iran and India.

You sow what you reap

You left with "plumbers" as engineers .. Trump gotto walk to Mars :lol:

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I am an engineer and have employed countless engineers. American engineering is world class.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I'm wondering why science posts are ending up in Conspiracy Theories.
1. Unable to view the video. Kaku Michio is a bright guy, but a bit of a BS artist when it comes to communicating with the lay public.

2. Your followup generalizations are not even wrong.

3. Gerard't Hooft has a good list of what one needs to understand to discuss physics with any level of competency. Regrettably, you've made it repeatedly clear that you have no understanding of what you're going on about with regards to physics.
The Physics section is for physics, not for crackpot claims.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:
3. Gerard't Hooft has a good list of what one needs to understand to discuss physics with any level of competency. Regrettably, you've made it repeatedly clear that you have no understanding of what you're going on about with regards to physics.
I have an electrical engineering degree, and as such already passed all the math and physics necessary long ago. What you have made repeatedly clear is you can't rebut a single devastating critical claim toward your secular creation myths and merely delete or bury any such criticisms that expose you.
So you claim. And I'm the King of Siam. Yet your unsupported assertions suggest otherwise.
One would expect an EE to understand SR, given that a fundamental property of Maxwell's equations is that they are Lorentz covariant.
If they were not, our universe would be a very different place.

No reason for an EE to understand the details of GR,
but one would expect such an individual to be able to understand the experimental evidence and follow the basic arguments for why such a theory is required.

No further obligation to repeatedly address the same uniformed crackpot assertions that "It's all wrong".

For the record, I am as skeptical of Big Bang Inflation models as is Prof. Steinhart, one of the founders.

IcxptIJS7kQ

Not that I'm convinced of his alternative either.

What I'm not skeptical of is the data that leads to the need for some model for the observed ongoing expansion of the universe.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Why did you censor my post. You can't suppress the truth forever.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Crackpots are a yen for ten thousand.

Most physicists I know are inundated by such uniformed assertions. So you certainly don't lack for company. Used to be mail, then email, now social media.
The irony is that such crackpots are blissfully unaware of implications of using the latter two.

The two factor they all have in common is that
1/ they have not made the effort to understand the actual physics before pronouncing that "It's all wrong" and
2/ they don't have an testable alternative theory written down in the form of equations

In other words, they have no clue that they have no clue.

Your efforts are wasted here,
Suggest visiting PhysicsOverflow where you can explain to everyone how they've "gotten it all wrong" since Newton.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Cool stories but why did you censor my post.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Cool stories but why did you censor my post.
I moved it to the appropriate section.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I wrote a long post and it disappeared except for a small piece you quoted above. I posted an article about the antimatter problem and it was mostly deleted. Currently there is a post written by you with a bunch of cool stories that don't apply to me but somehow appears under my name.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I wrote a long post and it disappeared except for a small piece you quoted above. I posted an article about the antimatter problem and it was mostly deleted. Currently there is a post written by you with a bunch of cool stories that don't apply to me but somehow appears under my name.
Moved your Youtube interview with Kaku post based on your comments to here. Not aware of the other posts that you're referring to.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

It's this one. Your content replaced my content. Your content showed up under my avatar after mine was deleted.
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
I have an electrical engineering degree, and as such already passed all the math and physics necessary long ago. What you have made repeatedly clear is you can't rebut a single devastating critical claim toward your secular creation myths and merely delete or bury any such criticisms that expose you.
So you claim. And I'm the King of Siam. Yet your unsupported assertions suggest otherwise.
One would expect an EE to understand SR, given that a fundamental property of Maxwell's equations is that they are Lorentz covariant.
If they were not, our universe would be a very different place.

No reason for an EE to understand the details of GR,
but one would expect such an individual to be able to understand the experimental evidence and follow the basic arguments for why such a theory is required.

No further obligation to repeatedly address the same uniformed crackpot assertions that "It's all wrong".

For the record, I am as skeptical of Big Bang Inflation models as is Prof. Steinhart, one of the founders.

IcxptIJS7kQ

Not that I'm convinced of his alternative either.

What I'm not skeptical of is the data that leads to the need for some model for the observed ongoing expansion of the universe.
Last edited by Mr. Perfect on Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: Moved your Youtube interview with Kaku post based on your comments to here. Not aware of the other posts that you're referring to.
My comments were a mirror image of Cern comments. They have no understanding of the universe and admitted it. I don't know why you deleted it, it's on the internet for anyone to discover for themselves.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote: Moved your Youtube interview with Kaku post based on your comments to here. Not aware of the other posts that you're referring to.
My comments were a mirror image of CERN comments. They have no understanding of the universe and admitted it. I don't know why you deleted it, it's on the internet for anyone to discover for themselves.
May have hit "Edit" button by mistake instead of "Quote".

Don't know for certain. Don't particularly care.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Fair enough, so I will put the science post back in science, this time with no comments and the science article I post will have the same conclusions as me, even though I won't comment. Kaku has nothing to do with it whatsoever he was merely the first guy to pop up on youtube.

And I will have to wonder why you didn't know about it already.
Mr. Perfect

Re: Astronomy and Space

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Again poor kaku is doing nothing but commenting on Cern research. This has nothing to do with Kaku.

jrXGfK5I_rU
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Basic questions like this. Note, THIS IS NOT A CHRISTIAN OR CREATIONIST, AT ALL. FARTHEST FROM IT.

AATA0TzZf0A
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Lol the fear is strong in this one. Some people really don't like their dogmas questioned. However sunlight is ultimately the best disinfectant.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Basic questions like this. Note, THIS IS NOT A CHRISTIAN OR CREATIONIST, AT ALL. FARTHEST FROM IT.

AATA0TzZf0A
Terence Kemp McKenna (November 16, 1946 – April 3, 2000) was an American ethnobotanist, mystic, psychonaut, lecturer, author, and an advocate for the responsible use of naturally occurring psychedelic plants. He spoke and wrote about a variety of subjects, including psychedelic drugs, plant-based entheogens, shamanism, metaphysics, alchemy, language, philosophy, culture, technology, environmentalism, and the theoretical origins of human consciousness. He was called the "Timothy Leary of the '90s",[1][2] "one of the leading authorities on the ontological foundations of shamanism",[3] and the "intellectual voice of rave culture".[4]
Yep. He belongs here.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Yes, you would think that on first blush. However the problem here is that the Church of Scientism will often dictate that the only reason for not accepting their dogmas is due to religious ignorance, particularly the Judeo Christian variety.

Mr. McKenna is not friendly to Christianity at all and has no particular bias to question or reject secular creation myths. And of his own recognizance he through his own inquiry found the same problem with the big bang myth that many non Scientism adherents have, that is, WTH.

The idea of something springing forth from nothing is comically fantastical, and you don't even have to be a bible thumper to think so.

And of course your response is an ad hominem instead of science or information. When your dogma is questioned you respond like almost anyone else who has a dogma, that is suppression, mockery, gaslighting and running away. Just like Mormons when you ask them to see the gold plates.

Like anyone else, Mr. McKenna's background or certificates have no bearing on the merits of his question, and boy does his question have merit.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: Currently no one knows.
Boy are you right about that. However you don't seem to grasp yet the problems that creates.
Again, science is not dogma,
Again, correct. However big bang hypothesis is indeed dogma.
it does not claim to have the answers to everything.
Hard to answer. The Church of Scientism doesn't seem to grasp what science actually is, so this really depends. For example, science has almost nothing to say about the beginning if any of the universe, the creation of life or the creation of species. However the Church of Scientism has some deep dogmas about it they think are science.
If you bother to read the Wikiped link above you will learn about various proposed theories.
Proposed theories are often as useful as used toilet paper and paper over the catastrophic setbacks of recent CERN research.
It will be up to future experiments to test these theories and for theorist to come up with new testable hypotheses when some or all candidate theories are excluded.
That's how science progresses.
Cool story, but that's not the issue at hand. The issue at hand is how could professional astrophysicists be so wrong in what they believe, and what else are they wrong about, and why should anyone believe anything they say if their ideas aren't even observable. Like big bang, expanding space etc.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: As you seem to need an immediate answer for every question, regardless of whether the answer is right or invariably not even wrong,
finding some dogma that suits you, such as Hinduism, and running with it is probably a good idea.
Or you find scientific inquiry inconvenient to your dogmas and instead of responding to scientific inquiry engage in suppression, mockery, gaslighting, etc, like a Scientologist. It's amazing how universal human behavior is.
Scientists have a different view
You see, one thing is, I can live with doubt, and uncertainty, and not knowing.
I think it’s much more interesting to live, not knowing, than to have answers which might be wrong.

~ R. P Feynman
Scientists yes. But the Church of Scientism and the attendant believers in the secular creation myths, no questioning of the myths is allowed whatsoever, very similar how Muslims view apostasy.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

There is no way out of the brain for us. But the brain models the world and uses science to enhance these models, that represent rather accurately what is outside the brain.

Mushrooms et-al do not seem to tell much about the world outside the brain but can definately change what the brain is doing and as such it is a form of brain science; as experienced and reported by the 1st-person witness. That shrooms et-al can inform us about the objective cosmos doesn't seem likely.

The brain is a trickster. Look at the color blue "out there" in the sky. It definately is not out there at all. It actually arises in your own brain and only appears "out there". I don't need McKenna to tell me what hallucinations are. They start the moment I get up in the morning. :)

Useful hallucinations that enable us to function, walk around in the world without crashing into trees or being eaten by preditors etc have been promoted and preserved by natural selection. So far the brain never needed to know much about "itself" which causes this sense of shock and awe when you look "inside yourself" because there appears nothing much to be there. If you focus on the environment.. bang.. the world is back.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Herein lies the problem. You arguments are with Albert Einstein, the Standard Model and CERN, not me. Mr. Fujiwara from CERN (not a creationist) states in his own words that antimatter and matter have to be equal and opposite according to the standard model.

However the Standard Model calls for the destruction of the universe, and the latest CERN findings affirm that indeed the universe should be destroyed according to the Standard Model. Since the universe exists this continues to call into question the Standard Model itself. These are the findings of CERN, not me or the Creationist Museum. If you need to get in touch with them I can help you out, I'm good at cold calling.

51zwdWWEOwQ

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/257 ... ldnt-exist
In particle physics, the Standard Model describes the four known fundamental forces in the universe: the gravitational, electromagnetic, weak, and strong. The first two have very clear consequences in the universe while the other two are detectable only at the subatomic scale. The Standard Model has been supported by experimentation, but it predicts that the big bang that created the universe would have resulted in equal amounts of matter (us and everything around us) and antimatter (rare). If they were equal, why didn’t the early universe cancel itself out, leaving just a sea of energy?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... exist.html
'All of our observations find a complete symmetry between matter and antimatter, which is why the universe should not actually exist,' said Dr Christian Smorra, lead author of the new study.
Again, direct quotes from the researchers employed by CERN. You appear to know something we don't, please let us know what it is.