Conspiracy Theories, Crackpots, and other Looney Tunes

Tea is nought but this: first you heat the water, then you make the tea. Then you drink it properly.
Mr. Perfect

Re: Astronomy and Space

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Affirming the consequent. The downfall of all the secular creation myths.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... exist.html
'An asymmetry must exist here somewhere but we simply do not understand where the difference is. What is the source of the symmetry break?'
2ArXbUhbikQ
Censorship isn't necessary
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote: Currently no one knows.
Boy are you right about that. However you don't seem to grasp yet the problems that creates.
Guess you couldn't be bother to read the Wikiped link on baryon asymmetry and learn something.
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Again, science is not dogma,
Again, correct. However big bang hypothesis is indeed dogma.
Not dogma, but theory.
Mr. Perfect wrote:
it does not claim to have the answers to everything.
Hard to answer. The Church of Scientism doesn't seem to grasp what science actually is, so this really depends. For example, science has almost nothing to say about the beginning if any of the universe, the creation of life or the creation of species. However the Church of Scientism has some deep dogmas about it they think are science.
Actually, no. The further away an object, the longer it take light or other EM radiation to reach earth. So we are looking back in time.

In particle accelerators such as the LHC, conditions are created that only existed during the Electroweak Epoch, about 10^-32 seconds after the Big Bang.
So in a sense it is also a time machine.
Mr. Perfect wrote:
If you bother to read the Wikiped link above you will learn about various proposed theories.
Proposed theories are often as useful as used toilet paper and paper over the catastrophic setbacks of recent CERN research.
Well, first one had to understand them before declaring them to be "toilet paper".

There are no "catastrophic setbacks" at CERN except in you willful misunderstanding.
Mr. Perfect wrote:
It will be up to future experiments to test these theories and for theorist to come up with new testable hypotheses when some or all candidate theories are excluded.
That's how science progresses.
Cool story, but that's not the issue at hand. The issue at hand is how could professional astrophysicists be so wrong in what they believe, and what else are they wrong about, and why should anyone believe anything they say if their ideas aren't even observable. Like big bang, expanding space etc.
That the universe is expanding is well established.

As I've repeatedly noted, if you're going to declare something "wrong", first demonstrate that you have some real understanding of the subject.
Otherwise you're just another crackpot.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Herein lies the problem. You arguments are with Albert Einstein, the Standard Model and CERN, not me. Mr. Fujiwara from CERN (not a creationist) states in his own words that antimatter and matter have to be equal and opposite according to the standard model.
Nope. What he is saying is that by CPT symmetry we expect all properties of matter and antimatter to be the same: mass, magnitude of charge [although of opposite sign], magnetic moment, etc.
Mr. Perfect wrote:However the Standard Model calls for the destruction of the universe, and the latest CERN findings affirm that indeed the universe should be destroyed according to the Standard Model. Since the universe exists this continues to call into question the Standard Model itself. These are the findings of CERN, not me or the Creationist Museum.
No, these are your misunderstanding. Baryon asymmetry does not invalidate the SM.
Mr. Perfect wrote:If you need to get in touch with them I can help you out, I'm good at cold calling.
Thanks for your offer, but as I know people working on one of the antimatter experiments at CERN, no need.
Mr. Perfect wrote: 51zwdWWEOwQ
Dr. Makoto explained it reasonably well. Perhaps you should have taken the time and trouble to understand what he is saying.
Mr. Perfect wrote: https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/257 ... ldnt-exist
In particle physics, the Standard Model describes the four known fundamental forces in the universe: the gravitational, electromagnetic, weak, and strong. The first two have very clear consequences in the universe while the other two are detectable only at the subatomic scale. The Standard Model has been supported by experimentation, but it predicts that the big bang that created the universe would have resulted in equal amounts of matter (us and everything around us) and antimatter (rare). If they were equal, why didn’t the early universe cancel itself out, leaving just a sea of energy?
Yes, this is the baryon asymmetry puzzle, however, it is not inconsistent with the SM which has passed every experimental test to-date.
Mr. Perfect wrote: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... exist.html
'All of our observations find a complete symmetry between matter and antimatter, which is why the universe should not actually exist,' said Dr Christian Smorra, lead author of the new study.
Again, direct quotes from the researchers employed by CERN. You appear to know something we don't, please let us know what it is.
Sure. The media, such as the Daily Mail, does not know it's arse from a hole in the ground when it comes to particle physics:

http://www.math.columbia.edu/~woit/wordpress/?p=9700

Ignoring my explanations and recycling your misunderstandings is not going to get you anywhere.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: Guess you couldn't be bother to read the Wikiped link on baryon asymmetry and learn something.
I already read about it in the other articles, I didn't need the wikipedia. It's more cool stories.
Mr. Perfect wrote: Not dogma, but theory.
No, dogma. No questioning is allowed, no questions are answered. It is dogma. Your dogma.
Mr. Perfect wrote: Actually, no. The further away an object, the longer it take light or other EM radiation to reach earth. So we are looking back in time.
Yep. And what we see are stars. Nobody has seen a big bang.
In particle accelerators such as the LHC, conditions are created that only existed during the Electroweak Epoch, about 10^-32 seconds after the Big Bang.
So in a sense it is also a time machine.
Yep. And we haven't seen a big bang in that time machine either.
Well, first one had to understand them before declaring them to be "toilet paper".
That's a tricky one. Most theories come and go without anyone even looking at them, popular or unpopular. Popular theories are proven wrong, unpopular theories are proven right. So many theories, almost all in the wastebin now. So, is it necessary to catalog and analyze every theory man has ever made? Obviously no. Now, what to do?

However I didn't find the baryon theory particularly difficult to understand. But, in the end someone has to do the experiment and I would bet heavily the result will be the same as the one the magnetic moment measurement just completed.
There are no "catastrophic setbacks" at CERN except in you willful misunderstanding.
The standard model says that antimatter and matter must be equal in amount and opposite in nature, however this would negate matter itself. CERN spent 10 years creating an experiment in hopes of finding an asymmetry and it failed in totality, further calling into question the standard model. What am I misunderstanding.

That the universe is expanding is well established.
No it isn't. The expansion of space has never been observed.
As I've repeatedly noted, if you're going to declare something "wrong", first demonstrate that you have some real understanding of the subject.
Otherwise you're just another crackpot.
Ermm, again, I'm not the one declaring things wrong, CERN is. Your argument is with CERN and Albert Einstein. They are totally confounded by the current state of physics. If you know something we don't please let us know.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: Nope.
Yep
No, these are your misunderstanding.
What specifically did I misunderstand.
Thanks for your ofre, but as I know people on one of the antimatter experiments at CERN, not necessary.
OK would you mind asking them why the universe hasn't blown up yet? The standard model calls for it.

Do you know what happens when antimatter and matter come into contact?
Dr. Makoto explained it reasonably well. Perhaps you should have taken the time to understand what he is saying.
I did. He said the antimatter and matter have to be equal in amount and opposite in nature according to the standard model.

What did I miss.
Yes, this is the baryon asymmetry puzzle, however, it is not inconsistent with the SM which has passed every experimental test to-date.
:) :) :) Good one. "The Hindenburg has passed every experimental test to date" - April 1937.
Sure. The media, such as the Daily Mail, does not know it's arse from a hole in the ground when it comes to particle physics:

Ignoring my explanations and recycling your misunderstandings is not going to get you anywhere.
Oh, my bad. Where did the daily mail misquote the CERN director? Do you have the real quote?

Or are you gaslighting me again. ;)
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: Nope. What he is saying is that by CPT symmetry we expect all properties of matter and antimatter to be the same: mass, magnitude of charge [although of opposite sign], magnetic moment, etc.
That's not what he said. I repeated exatly what he said. You expanded on it in an attempt to show that I misquoted. Your little diversion changed nothing of the facts. What I said is what he said. These games won't get you anywhere.

You are at war with CERN.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

'All of our observations find a complete symmetry between matter and antimatter, which is why the universe should not actually exist,' said Dr Christian Smorra, lead author of the new study.
Direct quote. Your argument is with CERN not me. Get in touch with your friend they need your help.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Direct quote. Your argument is with CERN not me. Get in touch with your friend they need your help.
I don't know if Dr. Smorra made that statement, but it is incorrect.

Mr. Perfect

Re: Conspiracy Theories and other Looney Tunes

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I will know in 48 hours :) :) :) :)
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I will know in 48 hours :) :) :) :)
I already know the answer.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

BWAAAHHAAAAA it took all of 4 minutes!!!! This appears to be coming from a press release.

http://www.uni-mainz.de/presse/aktuell/ ... G_HTML.php
"All of our observations find a complete symmetry between matter and antimatter, which is why the universe should not actually exist," explained Christian Smorra, first author of the study.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:I will know in 48 hours :) :) :) :)
I already know the answer.
I'm all ears. I have his email and phone number as well as some of the other authors, linked in says I'm 2 points of contact away.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Mr. Perfect wrote: http://www.uni-mainz.de/presse/aktuell/ ... G_HTML.php
"All of our observations find a complete symmetry between matter and antimatter, which is why the universe should not actually exist," explained Christian Smorra, first author of the study.
CERN is linking to the above link, I think we have a legitimate quote.

http://base.web.cern.ch/content/parts-b ... tic-moment

Now what.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Another scientific outlet completely hornswaggled by the con men at CERN. If you cant trust CERN who can you trust?

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 132837.htm
The search goes on. No difference in protons and antiprotons have yet been found which would help to potentially explain the existence of matter in our universe. However, physicists in the BASE collaboration at the CERN research center have been able to measure the magnetic force of antiprotons with almost unbelievable precision. Nevertheless, the data do not provide any information about how matter formed in the early universe as particles and antiparticles would have had to completely destroy one another.
Some real subversives with the standard model. Maybe this indeed should be in the conspiracy section. The CERN conspiracy. I think Dan Brown did that already.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

2018-01-08-PHOTO-00005066.jpg
2018-01-08-PHOTO-00005066.jpg (23.42 KiB) Viewed 946 times
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote: http://www.uni-mainz.de/presse/aktuell/ ... G_HTML.php
CERN is linking to the above link, I think we have a legitimate quote.

http://base.web.cern.ch/content/parts-b ... tic-moment

Now what.
Oh, so you do know how to google.

One bunch of PR hacks linking to another bunch of PR hacks. So what? You're quoting it as though it were revealed scripture.

The quote is still incorrect. CPT symmetry invariance, what the experiment actually tested and confirmed to parts per billion
thereby adding additional evidence for the Standard Model [SM], has nothing, nada, rien, bupkes to say about the baryon asymmetry problem.

Physics Today - APS | Antimatter measurement draws unjustified hype

The quoted postdoc, Dr. Smorra, confused CPT invariance with CP violation which is the part of the SM
relevant to the baryon asymmetry problem. He is going to be kidded about this for the rest of his professional career.

Playing "gotcha" games may work in politics, but not in physics, or science in general.
In the case of science, one actually has to understand the subject matter.
Regrettably, you've once again only demonstrated that you're unwilling to do so. Or, most unfortunate if accurate, unable to do so.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Ecuadorian Foreign Ministry says it has granted citizenship to Julian Assange.

Assange probably has all the details of Russian files on Trump .. for sure Trump does not want Assange singin

So, probably we might be looking at a deal .. Mother of all "non disclosure" agreements

Nonc Hilaire

Re: The great nothingburger

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

"Everytime a bell rings, the WHO sterilizes another Kenyan woman with a tetanus vaccine."
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:"Everytime a bell rings, the WHO sterilizes another Kenyan woman with a tetanus vaccine."
https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/fear-m ... -in-kenya/
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:"Everytime a bell rings, the WHO sterilizes another Kenyan woman with a tetanus vaccine."
https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/fear-m ... -in-kenya/
Another WHO done it mystery......
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Lol I posted research material from CERN. Your criticism of me is completely imaginary, and false.
You did post material from CERN. However, your claims regarding it were completely imaginary and false.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

A great thinker

lF3bZD6rNM8
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

PFosyakugBA
noddy

Post by noddy »

Shatner ran the Enterprise for so long, his expertise on space and theoretical physics in regards Astronomy is amongst the best.

lots of respect for the great man.
ultracrepidarian
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Lol it's just fun to watch a simple man trip up the supposedly best minds on the planet.

Btw censorship won't suppress any of this. The truth is getting out.