Mr. Perfect

Re: Why I hate both parties thread

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I've been working on it my whole life.
Censorship isn't necessary
Enki

Post by Enki »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I've been working on it my whole life.
This contradicts 5 years of talking to you where you were mostly blindly supporting one of the two big nanny-state parties with missionary zeal.

You think the Cold War was glorious, the Cold War did more damage to liberties in this nation than anything, and everything else, the war on drugs, the war on terror, all the corporate subsidization, that has all come from the Cold War root, the notion that we must defeat communism at all costs.

So you can't really say that. Until you realize that the Cold War was one of the most destructive things to happen to American Liberty in history, then you still don't get it.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I can say it because you are wrong.
Enki

Post by Enki »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I can say it because you are wrong.
You haven't passionately supported the Republican party?
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Enki wrote: So you can't really say that. Until you realize that the Cold War was one of the most destructive things to happen to American Liberty in history, then you still don't get it.
Enki

Post by Enki »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Enki wrote: So you can't really say that. Until you realize that the Cold War was one of the most destructive things to happen to American Liberty in history, then you still don't get it.
I'm not wrong. You are celebrating something that was used as a pretext to imprison and deport people like me. The drug war and cointelpro were programs meant to target 'the left', meaning 'hippies'. So you actively celebrate the reduction of our freedoms and don't seem to recognize how that reduction is now beginning to impact you.

I didn't get too heated when the TSA started molesting me during the Bush administration, because I've had local PD do it on a number of occasions.

Glad you've recently started caring about it though.

The 'left' is a perjorative term made up by people like you to justify stripping whomever doesn't fit your notion of the normative culture of their rights.
-Alexander Hamilton
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

When people support a foreign regime intent on enslaving the race at practically any cost with enough nukes to end life on the planet it is the least such people can expect. The very least.
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

America's 51st State

:lol:

Gingrich testing limit rubbish Joe can absorb

Demon of Undoing

Post by Demon of Undoing »

Just when that guy couldn't get more stupid, he manages. We don't have anything remotely like the Saturn V to work with, and even that big bastard wouldn't be enough. He could have at least said something vaguely believable for a time frame, say, 25 years. Less than eight? WTF is he smoking.

That bastard is so screwed up that I am amazed he can coordinate breathing and heart beat.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Bob Dole gets Gingrich right, frankly he knows him pretty well. It comes back on you Newt. I always liked Bob Dole, personally.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... ervatives/
Bob Dole, a Mitt Romney supporter and former Republican presidential nominee, issued a scathing statement Thursday blasting Newt Gingrich for being a "one-man-band who rarely took advice."

In an open letter to conservatives distributed by Romney's campaign, Dole said he personally took steps to assist the former House speaker pay off a penalty levied by the House Ethics Committee.

"In 1997 a number of House members wanted to throw him out as Speaker," Dole wrote. "But he hung on until after the 1998 elections when the writing was on the wall. His mounting ethics problems caused him to resign in early 1999. I know whereof I speak as I helped establish a line of credit of $150,000 to help Newt pay off the fine for his ethics violations. In the end, he paid the fine with money from other sources."

Gingrich has characterized the penalty from the ethics panel as reimbursement for their investigation, which centered on a college course he taught that was misclassified as tax-exempt.

Dole drew on his own experience with the former House speaker to paint the candidate as lethal for the Republican Party.

"If Gingrich is the nominee it will have an adverse impact on Republican candidates running for county, state, and federal offices," Dole said. "Hardly anyone who served with Newt in Congress has endorsed him and that fact speaks for itself. He was a one-man-band who rarely took advice. It was his way or the highway."

Dole, who served in the U.S. Senate when Gingrich was House speaker, harkened back to Gingrich's style during his time in Congress.

"Gingrich had a new idea every minute and most of them were off the wall," Dole said. "He loved picking a fight with Bill Clinton because he knew this would get the attention of the press. This and a myriad of other specifics helped to topple Gingrich in 1998."

Dole endorsed Romney in December, and made calls to allies in Iowa urging them to support Romney ahead of the state's first-in-the-nation caucuses. Dole won Iowa in 1996, but ultimately lost the general election to Bill Clinton.

In his letter, Dole placed a measure of blame on Gingrich for the loss.

"In my run for the presidency in 1996 the Democrats greeted me with a number of negative TV ads and in every one of them Newt was in the ad. He was very unpopular and I am not only certain that this did not help me, but that it also cost House seats that year."

Dole pointed to a particular eccentricity of Gingrich's, saying the former speaker's style was as puzzling as it was harmful.

"Newt would show up at the campaign headquarters with an empty ice-bucket in his hand-that was a symbol of some sort for him-and I never did know what he was doing or why he was doing it," Dole wrote.
I remember that ice bucket.
cincinnatus

Post by cincinnatus »

Demon of Undoing wrote:Just when that guy couldn't get more stupid, he manages. We don't have anything remotely like the Saturn V to work with, and even that big bastard wouldn't be enough. He could have at least said something vaguely believable for a time frame, say, 25 years. Less than eight? WTF is he smoking.

That bastard is so screwed up that I am amazed he can coordinate breathing and heart beat.
I wonder if he was one of the Repubs throwing the "narcissist" label at Obama...this guy is like narcissist-squared (and that's just based on the marriages thing...add in what folks like Dole say, it's narcissist-cubed).

Sad thing is with Romney, I have to sit down and soul-search and decide whether I can vote for him. RP would be a wonderful chance for a protest vote that actually has a chance at winning and scaring the shiite out of the players in smoke filled rooms. Santorum....no thanks, 3rd party choice again. Gingrich? I guess I'm staying home on election day. Not even worth wasting my time. Let Obama keep the pedal on the metal for another 4-years as we head towards that iceberg.
"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."
Enki

Post by Enki »

Mr. Perfect wrote:When people support a foreign regime intent on enslaving the race at practically any cost with enough nukes to end life on the planet it is the least such people can expect. The very least.
Right because Charlie Chaplin was a Soviet plant.
-Alexander Hamilton
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Distrust and verify.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

cincinnatus wrote:
Demon of Undoing wrote:Just when that guy couldn't get more stupid, he manages. We don't have anything remotely like the Saturn V to work with, and even that big bastard wouldn't be enough. He could have at least said something vaguely believable for a time frame, say, 25 years. Less than eight? WTF is he smoking.

I wonder if he was one of the Repubs throwing the "narcissist" label at Obama...this guy is like narcissist-squared (and that's just based on the marriages thing...add in what folks like Dole say, it's narcissist-cubed).

Sad thing is with Romney, I have to sit down and soul-search and decide whether I can vote for him. RP would be a wonderful chance for a protest vote that actually has a chance at winning and scaring the shiite out of the players in smoke filled rooms. Santorum....no thanks, 3rd party choice again. Gingrich? I guess I'm staying home on election day. Not even worth wasting my time. Let Obama keep the pedal on the metal for another 4-years as we head towards that iceberg.
Romney is going to be a real GHWB thing, there is no real love for him, compared to Reagan, Clinton, Bush or Obama, all who had a pocket of passionate, personal support of varying degrees. Not so for Romney or GHWB.

I was not sure if I could vote for Romney, for all the obvious reasons (except the corporation thing, that was awesome), the flip flops, Romneycare etc. But Newt scared me straight. I can take Romney over Obama, we can mount a conservative internal opposition movement, there already is one built into this. We can either force him to do what we want through the congress or put in a primary challenge.

There are some interesting things going on here. I've long been a critic of our non-runoff election system because ultimately it doesn't adequately reflect the honest intent of the populace. Too much hedging of bets and calculation over voting your convictions, and then when a candidate fails it's too easy for their supporters to say they really didn't mean it, they would have liked someone else. So until that changes, there are two opportunities here.

First, it is high time for a one term President. I hate the idea of an automatic 8 years going through the POTUS's mind. It's time for a one term President. Second, Romney being defeated in a primary challenge would be the AWESOME!@ and healthy. Nothing changes the political culture quite like fear of the electorate.

Romney was a big disappointment, don't get me wrong, I was hoping Cain or Perry could do it , but it was not in the cards. Still pulling for Paul, but who knows.
Enki

Post by Enki »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Distrust and verify.
A play on a famous slogan of the President whose administration had the most criminal indictments of any Presidency in history.
-Alexander Hamilton
Enki

Post by Enki »

Gotta say, all the Progressive organizers here in New York are wiping the sweat off their brow feeling like they dodged a bullet. The thought that Obama was going to lose loomed large, but that's so much less of a concern now with the Republican clown car coming.

Obama's gonna come out with the largest warchest in history and lackluster competition into the single thing that he is most competent at, campaigning.

You guys are so fucked.

As far as it goes, I definitely would prefer Mitt to Newt. Funny though, even on the off chance Mitt wins, highly unlikely, it just means a Democratic Congress in 2014 while you guys setup your loyal oppositon and tear the Republican President down from inside the party.

It's not a good time to be a Republican. Mitt won't be substantially different from Obama except on a few gimme issues that energize the base, but he'll cost them Congress. Ironic.
Last edited by Enki on Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Alexander Hamilton
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Enki wrote:
A play on a famous slogan of the President whose administration had the most criminal indictments of any Presidency in history.
Ya gotta break a few eggs.
Enki

Post by Enki »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Enki wrote:
Ya gotta break a few eggs.
Yeah sure. Whatever you call removing people's civil liberties. Love your version of freedom.
-Alexander Hamilton
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Enki wrote:Gotta say, all the Progressive organizers here in New York are wiping the sweat off their brow feeling like they dodged a bullet. The thought that Obama was going to lose loomed large, but that's so much less of a concern now with the Republican clown car coming.

Obama's gonna come out with the largest warchest in history and lackluster competition into the single thing that he is most competent at, campaigning.

You guys are so fucked.

As far as it goes, I definitely would prefer Mitt to Newt. Funny though, even on the off chance Mitt wins, highly unlikely, it just means a Democratic Congress in 2014 while you guys setup your loyal oppositon and tear the Republican President down from inside the party.

It's not a good time to be a Republican.
If Newt gets in there we are in trouble. If not, we'll be fine.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Enki wrote: Yeah sure. Whatever you call removing people's civil liberties. Love your version of freedom.
You said indictments, not removing civil liberties.

I do not love your version of freedom, whatever it may end up being.
Enki

Post by Enki »

Mr. Perfect wrote:You said indictments, not removing civil liberties.
Just say no.
I do not love your version of freedom, whatever it may end up being.
I know. You hate actual freedom. You hate it when people can choose what they want to do, or believe politically what they want to believe. You celebrate it when fascists take over the country and piss on the constitution in order to lavender on whomever y'all have deemed to be 'leftists'.

You hate liberty and hate freedom. It's obvious in the things you celebrate. No one who loves liberty loves the Cold War, it's not possible, because the Cold War gutted American freedom, permanently.

Every time you get your balls caressed at the airport, think of Ronnie and tricky Dick. Or if you're into kink you can think of Lyndon or Ike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Enki wrote: Just say no.
What's wrong with saying no?
I know. You hate actual freedom.
Well you should approve of my beliefs highly then, you who lament the shackles of freedom. :)
Enki

Post by Enki »

Mr. Perfect wrote:What's wrong with saying no?
Nothing, it's the being enslaved if you say yes part I don't like.
Well you should approve of my beliefs highly then, you who lament the shackles of freedom. :)
You are 1984 in the flesh. I do hate freedom when you say it because it's a lie.
-Alexander Hamilton
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Enki wrote: Nothing, it's the being enslaved if you say yes part I don't like.
You make it sound like Ronald Reagan made it that way. Did you know that he did not?

Did you know that Barack Obama will also jail you for pot, and yet you are picking a fight with Ronald Reagan and not Barack Obama? Why do you do that, do you think?
You are 1984 in the flesh. I do hate freedom when you say it because it's a lie.
That is a strange reason to hate freedom. Really strange.

I keep it simple. I get the right to the fruits of my labor, the right to have an opinion and express it, due process under the law based on probable cause, the right to defend myself with arms that I own, and would like the government to stick to it's constitutional limits. Seems like a pretty strange thing to hate.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Demon of Undoing wrote:Just for shits and giggles;

Why bother?
Do you leave a garden untended?