Miami Zombie under the influence of Bath Salts [Synthetics]

Enki

Miami Zombie under the influence of Bath Salts [Synthetics]

Post by Enki »

Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Hoosiernorm

Re: Miami Zombie under the influence of Bath Salts

Post by Hoosiernorm »

They need to legalize Bath salts immediately. Legalization would have prevented such a horrible atrocity. DId you know that Bath Salts are cleaner than cigarettes, alcohol, and much better for you than coffee. They cure glaucoma and cataracts and our founding fathers use to grow bath salts on their plantations! You can make gasoline out of bath salts and clothing and it even cures cancer.
Been busy doing stuff
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Time for a new movie . . .

V2FZgErvNTE

Bath Salt Psychosis
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Demon of Undoing

Post by Demon of Undoing »

Hoosiernorm wrote:They need to legalize Bath salts immediately. Legalization would have prevented such a horrible atrocity. DId you know that Bath Salts are cleaner than cigarettes, alcohol, and much better for you than coffee. They cure glaucoma and cataracts and our founding fathers use to grow bath salts on their plantations! You can make gasoline out of bath salts and clothing and it even cures cancer.

Funny, but bad argument. One of these things is not like the other.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Apparently LSD Can Turn You Into a Face-Eating Zombie Now

Bath salts, LSD, and cocaine have been implicated so far . . . based on pure speculation . . . with the classic "may have" qualifier.

Why not LDS?
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Enki

Post by Enki »

The Zombie Apocalypse has started in Florida?

http://gawker.com/5914059/grab-your-boo ... be-upon-us
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Demon of Undoing

Post by Demon of Undoing »

Enki wrote:The Zombie Apocalypse has started in Florida?

We are prepared. I have a shield made out of a stop sign, Carhart coveralls with neck, sleeves and ankles taped shut over steel toe logger boots, a football helmet with lineman's mask and eye shield, a cervical collar I can lace on. Motocross gloves, full football forearm/elbow/biceps protection. Oh, and my three pound, short hafted hammer. Let's not forget Spraymaker.

We hunt in the daylight. At night, we make foo gas for the trenches. We'll be rid of these guys for you in no time.
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Police said that Carter then cut off pieces of his skin and intestines and threw them at the officers.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/05/29/ ... -officers/
Been busy doing stuff
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Some of the ads that google has selected for some of the stories is really odd

Been busy doing stuff
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Hoosiernorm wrote:Some of the ads that google has selected for some of the stories is really odd

C'mon. Just because someone is a zombie doesn't mean they don't want to eat healthier.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Hoosiernorm wrote:Some of the ads that google has selected for some of the stories is really odd

Actually that is the perfect ad to run with the Zombie story.

Fat people are more appealing, juicier, taste better, and can't run as fast.

Rule # 1(?) - Cardio!
Enki

Post by Enki »

Demon of Undoing wrote:
Enki wrote:The Zombie Apocalypse has started in Florida?

We are prepared. I have a shield made out of a stop sign, Carhart coveralls with neck, sleeves and ankles taped shut over steel toe logger boots, a football helmet with lineman's mask and eye shield, a cervical collar I can lace on. Motocross gloves, full football forearm/elbow/biceps protection. Oh, and my three pound, short hafted hammer. Let's not forget Spraymaker.

We hunt in the daylight. At night, we make foo gas for the trenches. We'll be rid of these guys for you in no time.
Glad we've got you as our first line of defense.
-Alexander Hamilton
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Something smells fishy about this story..... staged event?

This is either Bush-Cheney-Haliburton trying to expand the war on drugs (we gotta get those bastards out of the Whitehouse somehow....)

The department of Health and Human Services waging a war on obesity

Hollywood promoting the next season of The Walking Dead

A setup for a new Obama plan to help the homeless and the hungary

or the 1% waging a war on the homeless and the hungary

don't be duped!

Never soaking in bath salts again.....
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote: . . .

I would dearly love to see someone try snorting magnesium sulphate . . .

WevMD | 'Bath Salts' Drug Trend
First of all, what are bath salts?

"The presumption is that most bath salts are MDPV, or methylenedioxypyrovalerone, although newer pyrovalerone derivatives are being made by illegal street chemists. Nobody really knows, because there is no way to test for these substances," Horowitz says.

Why are they called bath salts?

"It’s confusing. Is this what we put in our bathtubs, like Epsom salts? No. But by marketing them as bath salts and labeling them 'not for human consumption,' they have been able to avoid them being specifically enumerated as illegal," Horowitz says.
I think that the larger issue of the explosion of underground designer drugs designed to circumvent bans, such as "Bath Salts", is more interesting and important.
anderson

Post by anderson »

It just sort of makes a joke of drug prohibition.
Turns it into a whackamole game.
"OK, so you've banned this particular linkage of atoms. Alright, only one part of that combo gives the desired psychoactivity anyway, so we'll just use our undergraduate level organic chemistry knowledge to switch out one of the other, non-essential parts of the molecule for something else. New product. You lose. Try again."
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Cinnamon vs. Epsom

Post by monster_gardener »

Typhoon wrote:
Simple Minded wrote: . . .

WevMD | 'Bath Salts' Drug Trend
First of all, what are bath salts?

"The presumption is that most bath salts are MDPV, or methylenedioxypyrovalerone, although newer pyrovalerone derivatives are being made by illegal street chemists. Nobody really knows, because there is no way to test for these substances," Horowitz says.

Why are they called bath salts?

"It’s confusing. Is this what we put in our bathtubs, like Epsom salts? No. But by marketing them as bath salts and labeling them 'not for human consumption,' they have been able to avoid them being specifically enumerated as illegal," Horowitz says.
I think that the larger issue of the explosion of underground designer drugs designed to circumvent bans, such as "Bath Salts", is more interesting and important.
Thank you Very Much for your post, Typhoon.
Is this close enough? ;)

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME.......... :shock: AIUI can be deadly...........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinnamon_challenge

UAZKEc7Yzzk
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Been busy doing stuff
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Been busy doing stuff
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Looks like the zombies are migrating north for the summer.....

If I were Bloomberg, I'd outlaw Bath Salts instead of sugary drinks.....

Wait until the sugar addicts start going cold turkey.... it'll be zombie overpopulation
Enki

Post by Enki »

-Alexander Hamilton
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Amateurs.

Mao Sugiyama

However, this past week does seem to have been an unofficial Cannibalism Week around the world.
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Typhoon wrote:
Amateurs.

Mao Sugiyama

However, this past week does seem to have been an unofficial Cannibalism Week around the world.

I hope he didn't use too many cocks
Been busy doing stuff
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
Amateurs.

Mao Sugiyama

Soylent Green becomes chic........ where is the Mother Ship? They shoulda been back by now....
Typhoon

Bath Salts and Synthetic [Recreational] Drugs

Post by Typhoon »

"Bath salts" are the tip of the iceberg of a larger issue

Wired | Chemists Outrun Laws in War on Synthetic Drugs
The war on drugs has a new front, and so far it appears to be a losing one.

Synthetic mimics of marijuana, dissociative drugs and stimulants — such as the “bath salts” allegedly consumed by Randy Eugene, the Florida man shot after a horrific face-eating assault — are growing in popularity and hard to control.
Every time a compound is banned, overseas chemists synthesize a new version tweaked just enough to evade a law’s letter.

It’s a giant game of chemical Whack-a-Mole.

“Manufacturers turn these things around so quickly. One week you’ll have a product with compound X, the next week it’s compound Y,” said forensic toxicologist Kevin Shanks of AIT Laboratories, an Indiana-based chemical testing company.

“It’s fascinating how fast it can occur, and it’s fascinating to see the minute changes in chemical structure they’ll come up with. It’s similar, but it’s different,” Shanks continued.

'During the last several years, the market for legal highs has exploded in North America and Europe.
The names and ostensible purposes are almost comical — Cloud 9 Mad Hatter incense, Zombie Matter Ultra potpourri, Ivory Wave bath salts and Crystal Clean pipe cleaner — but the underlying chemistry is highly sophisticated.

Active ingredients in the drugs are compounds originally synthesized by institutional researchers whose esoteric scientific publications were mined by as-yet-unidentified chemists and neuroscientists working in Asia, where most of the new drugs appear to come from.