Guns in the USA | Shooting the news

Doc

Re: Guns in the USA | Shooting the news

Post by Doc »

Burglars for gun control

IOfEi6Qs--s
Last edited by Doc on Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

H426p8lWp5s

. . Los Angeles County sheriff deputies opened fire on Nicholas Robertson from behind and kept riddling him with bullets while he was hopelessly crawling on the ground.

The 29-second video shows the two cops relentlessly shooting at Robertson after he fell to the ground. One of the cops reloaded his gun and resumed firing at him.

Scary place, Doc, real scary

Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:H426p8lWp5s

. . Los Angeles County sheriff deputies opened fire on Nicholas Robertson from behind and kept riddling him with bullets while he was hopelessly crawling on the ground.

The 29-second video shows the two cops relentlessly shooting at Robertson after he fell to the ground. One of the cops reloaded his gun and resumed firing at him.

Aren't they all?

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

Doc wrote:Burglars for gun control

IOfEi6Qs--s
I keep posting the above video in preview and then on the forum but when I refresh the forum it does not show. :?
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Can we please ban graphic images from the forum? What the hell is wrong with you, Doc?
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:

HP,

It is even worse than you think, they even ban Korean girl bands there. The PRC is no place for wimps!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:Can we please ban graphic images from the forum? What the hell is wrong with you, Doc?
Reality sets in....
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote:

IOfEi6Qs--s
I keep posting the above video in preview and then on the forum but when I refresh the forum it does not show. :?
About 25 years ago, my wife and I were at another couple's house and the subject of the best home defense weapon came up. The guy said "Pump shotgun." I asked why, he said I'll demonstrate. He went about 3 rooms away, closed all the door and racked the slide on the shotgun. You could hear it everywhere. He came back and I said "yeah, you're right, every guy in the world knows what that sound is."

Another friend tells how he woke up one night and heard someone downstairs in his house. He said he went to the top of the stairs, pulled the slide back on his .45 and let it go. The next sound he heard was very hurried footsteps going out the door...
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote:Warning: Graphic images:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5PrqQLWmoU

What a left wing nightmare LOL
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Doc wrote:
Zack Morris wrote:Can we please ban graphic images from the forum? What the hell is wrong with you, Doc?
Reality sets in....
Some of us would like to be able to browse this forum occasionally at work or in an otherwise public location. There are no lack of other places online for you to entertain yourself with gory images and videos. And if you think you're making some sort of a profound point here, one could just easily post gruesome images of innocent people killed by Western air strikes.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:
Doc wrote:
Reality sets in....
Some of us would like to be able to browse this forum occasionally at work or in an otherwise public location. There are no lack of other places online for you to entertain yourself with gory images and videos. And if you think you're making some sort of a profound point here, one could just easily post gruesome images of innocent people killed by Western air strikes.

Except I wasn't entertaining myself. I was making a point. Which your real point. So tell me Zack would you rather be killed by a US bomb dropped from a plane or killed with a dull knife cutting you head off?
Heracleum Persicum

seconded

Graphic stuff should be banned

Things becoming worst .. usually when I posted uTube clips of another black being shot in the back by police, Doc complains Iranian girls can not attend "basketball" matches :lol:

Agree, something wrong with Doc :)

Doc

Post by Doc »

seconded

Graphic stuff should be banned

Things becoming worst .. usually when I posted uTube clips of another black being shot in the back by police, Doc complains Iranian girls can not attend "basketball" matches :lol:

Agree, something wrong with Doc :)

From someone that gets a lot of free passes here.....
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zack Morris wrote:
Doc wrote:
Reality sets in....
I think you meant to say obama air strikes.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Democrat state.
Censorship isn't necessary
Doc

Post by Doc »

Demon of Undoing

Post by Demon of Undoing »

Simple Minded wrote:
Doc wrote:

IOfEi6Qs--s
About 25 years ago, my wife and I were at another couple's house and the subject of the best home defense weapon came up. The guy said "Pump shotgun." I asked why, he said I'll demonstrate. He went about 3 rooms away, closed all the door and racked the slide on the shotgun. You could hear it everywhere. He came back and I said "yeah, you're right, every guy in the world knows what that sound is."

Another friend tells how he woke up one night and heard someone downstairs in his house. He said he went to the top of the stairs, pulled the slide back on his .45 and let it go. The next sound he heard was very hurried footsteps going out the door...
Bad idea tactically. Gives them a noise in low light to shoot at randomly.
kmich

Post by kmich »

Demon of Undoing wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:
Doc wrote:

IOfEi6Qs--s

I have a professionally trained Rottweiler who can take care of business. Even if an intruder hears him charging, it will be much too late.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

that's why God created Darwin......
Doc

Post by Doc »

kmich wrote:
Demon of Undoing wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:
Doc wrote:

IOfEi6Qs--s

I have a professionally trained Rottweiler who can take care of business. Even if an intruder hears him charging, it will be much too late.
Careful or you could get charged with assault with a deadly weapon.
kmich

Post by kmich »

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Speaking of self-styled so-called "patriots".

Y'all Qaeda
While the siege of wildlife refuges in Oregon by right-wing militiamen and various gun-happy Bundy family hangers-on is a grave development that will undoubtedly end badly, Twitter users have responded to the terrorist action with their usual blistering — but hilarious — gallows humor.
Although I object to tossing the term "terrorist" around so lightly.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:.

Aims is to overthrow the government
says sheriff

The local sheriff was not convinced.

“These men came to Harney County claiming to be part of militia groups supporting local ranchers,” Sheriff David Ward said in a statement, “when in reality these men had alternative motives, to attempt to overthrow the county and federal government in hopes to spark a movement across the United States.”

Members of the rightwing Bundy militia occupied the wildlife refuge in Oregon over the weekend, threatening a confrontation with federal authorities, in support of two cattle ranchers who were convicted of setting fires on federal land.

The cattle ranchers, father and son Steven and Dwight Hammond, said they did so while trying to clear their own land so their cattle could feed. The authorities said otherwise. They have both served time in prison and are due to report to a jail in San Diego on Monday in order to serve some more.

Why aren’t we calling the Oregon occupiers ‘terrorists’ ?

If a group of armed Muslims took possession of a federal building, it's doubtful they could avoid harsher labels.

As of Sunday afternoon, The Washington Post called them "occupiers." The New York Times opted for "armed activists" and "militia men." And the Associated Press put the situation this way: "A family previously involved in a showdown with the federal government has occupied a building at a national wildlife refuge in Oregon and is asking militia members to join them."

Not one seemed to lean toward terms such as "insurrection," "revolt," anti-government "insurgents" or, as some on social media were calling them, "terrorists." When a group of unknown size and unknown firepower has taken over any federal building with plans and possibly some equipment to aid a years-long occupation — and when its representative tells reporters that they would prefer to avoid violence but are prepared to die — the kind of almost-uniform delicacy and the limits on the language used to describe the people involved becomes noteworthy itself.

It is hard to imagine that none of the words mentioned above — particularly "insurrection" or "revolt" — would be avoided if, for instance, a group of armed black Americans took possession of a federal or state courthouse to protest the police. Black Americans outraged about the death of a 12-year-old boy at the hands of police or concerned about the absence of a conviction in the George Zimmerman case have been frequently and inaccurately lumped in with criminals and looters, described as "thugs," or marauding wolf packs where drugs are, according to CNN's Don Lemon, "obviously" in use.

As of Sunday afternoon, The Washington Post called them "occupiers." The New York Times opted for "armed activists" and "militia men." And the Associated Press put the situation this way: "A family previously involved in a showdown with the federal government has occupied a building at a national wildlife refuge in Oregon and is asking militia members to join them."

Not one seemed to lean toward terms such as "insurrection," "revolt," anti-government "insurgents" or, as some on social media were calling them, "terrorists." When a group of unknown size and unknown firepower has taken over any federal building with plans and possibly some equipment to aid a years-long occupation — and when its representative tells reporters that they would prefer to avoid violence but are prepared to die — the kind of almost-uniform delicacy and the limits on the language used to describe the people involved becomes noteworthy itself.

It is hard to imagine that none of the words mentioned above — particularly "insurrection" or "revolt" — would be avoided if, for instance, a group of armed black Americans took possession of a federal or state courthouse to protest the police. Black Americans outraged about the death of a 12-year-old boy at the hands of police or concerned about the absence of a conviction in the George Zimmerman case have been frequently and inaccurately lumped in with criminals and looters, described as "thugs," or marauding wolf packs where drugs are, according to CNN's Don Lemon, "obviously" in use.

If a group of armed Muslims took possession of a federal building or even its lobby to protest calls to surveil the entire group, it's even more doubtful they could avoid harsher, more-alarming labels.

The sometimes-coded but increasingly overt ways that some Americans are presumed guilty and violence-prone while others are assumed to be principled and peaceable unless and until provoked — even when actually armed — is remarkable.

more @ link

:lol: