Saudi Arabia

Typhoon

Re: Saudi Arabia

Post by Typhoon »

CBC | Saudi Prince busted with 40 suitcases of drugs at Beirut airport

[Interesting program. Appears that it still does investigative journalism.]
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Typhoon wrote:.

Saudi Prince busted with 40 suitcases of drugs at Beirut airport

[Interesting program. Appears that it still does investigative journalism.]

Saudi Arabia would not last a week without Western support .. change is overdue

Looks like west pulling a Saddam on Sheikhs and Amirs and Kings .. they were fooled into Yemen disaster (similar to Saddam marching into Kuwait), this will drain them, casualty will mount, financial ruin follows, population held back
by dropping money out of choppers, no money no honey.

You guessed it, Iran will take it all :lol:

“We warn Adel al-Jubeir
not to test the patience of the Islamic Republic of Iran,”

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Why is Saudi Arabia destroying the cultural heritage of Mecca and Medina?
Even sites associated with the Prophet's family make way for skyscrapers and mega-hotels
Wot?
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Why is Saudi Arabia destroying the cultural heritage of Mecca and Medina?
Even sites associated with the Prophet's family make way for skyscrapers and mega-hotels
Wot ?

No expert in Islam .. but .. my understanding from "Wahhabism" is that Wahabist are against any "symbolism"

No such thing as "Mausoleum" for anybody, not even king .. once one dies, a grave is dug, and soil on top, no grave stone, nothing .. this is how they buried all the Saudi kings, no grave marking whatsoever.

In that sense, all religious Buildings, symbols, do not mean anything for them, unless specifically mentioned in Koran, meaning being part of Koran, like Kaba.

That is what I think is the reason they destroying all and building Hotels on them.

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

The Origins of the World War I Agreement That Carved Up the Middle East
How Great Britain and France secretly negotiated the Sykes-Picot Agreement
noddy

Post by noddy »

I wanted to put this in politica levitas but its probably the wrong type of funny.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 49591.html
Saudi Arabia will sue any Twitter user who compares the Kingdom’s recent decision to execute a poet to punishments handed down by Isis.

Ashraf Fayadh, a 35-year-old Palestinian poet, was sentenced to death for apostasy – renouncing one’s faith – by a court in Abha
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Alexis

Among 47 executions, one famous political prisoner

Post by Alexis »

On January 2nd, Saudi government executed 47 people, including among many Al Qaeda types, one leader of peaceful protests, Shia cleric Nimr al-Nimr
He was popular among youth and critical of the Saudi Arabian government. He called for elections in Saudi Arabia. He claimed that he was beaten by Mabahith when arrested in 2006. In 2009, he criticised Saudi authorities and suggested secession of the Eastern Province if Saudi Shias' rights were not better respected. A warrant for his arrest was issued and 35 people were arrested. During the 2011–2012 Saudi Arabian protests, al-Nimr called for protestors to resist police bullets using "the roar of the word" rather than violence, predicted the overthrow of the government if repression continued, and was seen by The Guardian as having "taken the lead in [the] uprising".

On 8 July 2012 al-Nimr was shot by police in the leg and arrested, in what police described as an "exchange of gunfire". Thousands of people protested in response in several protests in which two men, Akbar al-Shakhouri and Mohamed al-Felfel, were killed by police bullets. Al-Nimr started a hunger strike and appeared to have been tortured.
Iranian government has been sharply critical of this execution:
Iran’s foreign ministry condemned the execution, calling it "the depth of imprudence and irresponsibility" on the part of the Saudi government.

"The Saudi government will pay a heavy price for adopting such policies," Hossein Jaber Ansari, the foreign ministry spokesman, was quoted as saying by the semi-official Fars news agency.

Mixing execution of a political prisoner with execution of criminals is a clear provocation, adding insult to injury. This won't help one bit the sectarian divide between Sunnis and Shias.

As for that Sheikh: the one who protests with words only and forbides recourse to violence in the face of a dictatorship commands respect.

R.I.P.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

The Saudis executed a peaceful cleric protester?

This is who the US supports?
bush-kisses-saudi-prince-4-15-09.png
bush-kisses-saudi-prince-4-15-09.png (202.67 KiB) Viewed 3966 times
Heracleum Persicum

The Saudis executed a peaceful cleric protester?

This is who the US supports?
bush-kisses-saudi-prince-4-15-09.png

8bRh_-CkBgE

Sheikh Nimr Al-Nimr

Official Twitter page of Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei

:lol:

Stay tuned

Heracleum Persicum

Waiting for Devine retribution :lol:

Heracleum Persicum

Re: U.S. Foreign Policy

Media reports US was informed a few days before Saudi executed Al-Nemer .. question is why US did not "forcefully" object to this ? ? ?

If US wanted calm to come to KSA, Saudi had to find an accommodation with their Shia population (Saudi population is 25% Shia, 25% Wahhabi, 50% Sunni) .. who better than Al-Neme to have as partner for this accommodation ? Brits kept Gandhi & Mandela in South African jail until there were prepared to lead India and SA .. Saudi too should have kept Al-Neme in jail and negotiated with him for an amicable accommodation for Shia population, what does beheading send a message to 25% Shia population of KSA? American knows this.

Everything was calm in Iran, until "January 7, 1978 when an article appeared in the semi-official newspaper "Ittila'at" saying Khomeini was no Iranian but Indian" an direct insult .. things exploded

Now proven Iran's SAVAK ordered this to be printed, this was intentional to start the revolt.

Could be, beheading of Al-Nemer same.

Heracleum Persicum

Oil states are almost impossible to reform and it is usually unwise to try.
Such states should also avoid war if they want to stay in business,
because people may not rise up against their rulers but they are certainly not prepared to die for them.

At the end of last year the BND, the German intelligence agency, published a remarkable one-and-a-half-page memo saying that Saudi Arabia had adopted “an impulsive policy of intervention”. It portrayed Saudi defence minister and Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman – the powerful 29-year-old favourite son of the ageing King Salman, who is suffering from dementia – as a political gambler who is destabilising the Arab world through proxy wars in Yemen and Syria.

Spy agencies do not normally hand out such politically explosive documents to the press criticising the leadership of a close and powerful ally such as Saudi Arabia. It is a measure of the concern in the BND that the memo should have been so openly and widely distributed. The agency was swiftly slapped down by the German foreign ministry after official Saudi protests, but the BND’s warning was a sign of growing fears that Saudi Arabia has become an unpredictable wild card. One former minister from the Middle East, who wanted to remain anonymous, said: “In the past the Saudis generally tried to keep their options open and were cautions, even when they were trying to get rid of some government they did not like.”

The BND report made surprisingly little impact outside Germany at the time. This may have been because its publication on 2 December came three weeks after the Paris massacre on 13 November, when governments and media across the world were still absorbed by the threat posed by Islamic State (IS) and how it could best be combatted. In Britain there was the debate on the RAF joining the air war against IS in Syria, and soon after in the US there were the killings by a pro-IS couple in San Bernardino, California.

It was the execution of the Shia cleric Sheikh Nimr al-Nimr and 46 others – mostly Sunni jihadis or dissenters – on 2 January that, for almost the first time, alerted governments to the extent to which Saudi Arabia had become a threat to the status quo. It appears to be deliberately provoking Iran in a bid to take leadership of the Sunni and Arab worlds while at the same time Prince Mohammed bin Salman is buttressing his domestic power by appealing to Sunni sectarian nationalism. What is not in doubt is that Saudi policy has been transformed since King Salman came to the throne last January after the death of King Abdullah.

The BND lists the areas in which Saudi Arabia is adopting a more aggressive and warlike policy. In Syria, in early 2015, it supported the creation of The Army of Conquest, primarily made up of the al-Qaeda affiliate the al-Nusra Front and the ideologically similar Ahrar al-Sham, which won a series of victories against the Syrian Army in Idlib province. In Yemen, it began an air war directed against the Houthi movement and the Yemeni army, which shows no sign of ending. Among those who gain are al-Qaeda in the Arabian peninsula, which the US has been fruitlessly trying to weaken for years by drone strikes.

None of these foreign adventures initiated by Prince Mohammed have been successful or are likely to be so, but they have won support for him at home. The BND warned that the concentration of so much power in his hands “harbours a latent risk that in seeking to establish himself in the line of succession in his father’s lifetime, he may overreach”.

BND sayin what HP sayin :lol:

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Hoover Institution | Saudi Arabia Is The Middle East’s Biggest Danger
Over the last decade, Saudi Arabia has emerged as the Middle East’s most assertive power. Stirred to action by the fall of Saddam Hussein, the rise of Iran, and deeply unsettled by the Arab uprisings, the kingdom has taken on an increasingly interventionist role. In Egypt, Bahrain, Syria, Iraq and Yemen, Saudi power brokers have used money and violence in an attempt to bend the region to their will.
Saudi Arabia delenda est.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:Hoover Institution | Saudi Arabia Is The Middle East’s Biggest Dange
Over the last decade, Saudi Arabia has emerged as the Middle East’s most assertive power. Stirred to action by the fall of Saddam Hussein, the rise of Iran, and deeply unsettled by the Arab uprisings, the kingdom has taken on an increasingly interventionist role. In Egypt, Bahrain, Syria, Iraq and Yemen, Saudi power brokers have used money and violence in an attempt to bend the region to their will.
Saudi Arabia delenda est.

What Azari sayin since long long time

West, world powers, have realized the facts .. good news is, Turkey too might go down with Saudi

Sheikhs, Amirs and Kings, done

Heracleum Persicum

Spin Or Substance ?

The notion that Saudi Arabia -- a country that has been widely accused of exporting Islamic radicalism around the world -- could lead a fight against extremism strikes some analysts as deeply ironic.

"In order to really fight terrorism, the Saudis must declare war against themselves and end the support it has been giving to radical groups across the world," says Khoei of Chatham House.

:lol: :lol:

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

NLtLeK7YLGY
Deep down I'm very superficial
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

HAL 10000

Post by HAL 10000 »

At the current price of oil Saudi Arabia is running a huge deficit and it has only a few years of money left to fund its unemployed youth.

This means that Saudi monarchy is in serious danger of getting overthrown by Jihadi groups such as ISIS. This would be a turning point in military history because it would force EU and US to invade the region to prevent ISIS from funding its Jihad with so much oil. Even if the price of oil declines to $10 per barrel, the Saudi oil is cheap enough to bring a lot more money to Jihad if all of it is allocated to the latter cause because according to this article the Saudi oil has the lowest production cost in the world.

https://knoema.com/vyronoe/cost-of-oil- ... by-country

In a few decades this would be something to worry about.

Another aspect of the Saudi financial collapse is that the Egyptian military government is kept in power by Saudi funds every year, and without that money Jihadi groups will most likely regain power in Egypt. In the latter scenario, if both Saudi Arabia and Egypt enter the ISIS orbit (and Libya is already going in this direction after the demise of Qaddafi), this would be a game changer.
The name HAL is derived from "Heuristically Programmed ALgorithmic Computer." HAL 10000 is the new generation computer destined to become the successor to HAL 9000, as suggested in Arthur C. Clarke's book.
noddy

Post by noddy »

if the saudis did collapse and become a festering pool of isis jihadis then i think that would actually be a good thing.

the current status quo has the saudis as both untouchables and as primary funding for the odious groups, this change would fix the untouchable aspect.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

Question not if Al Saud falls (they will, and, soon) , question only who will benefit and who will take over whom.

Saudi fall means all Sheikhs and Emirs and Kings will disappear, same scenario in Egypt

- Egypt will revert to "Muslim Brotherhood"

- Iran will take over all Persian Golf city states (Emir and Sheikhs and Kings), easy task as overwhelming majority of those places are Iranians population since 1000s of yrs.

- Egypt will pact with Iran, Morci did

- Britain we know today will stop to exist

- Israel will climb in bed with Iran

noddy

Post by noddy »

sounds more like your wishlist than a definite outcome.

iran will definately get stronger, that much i can agree with.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

noddy wrote:.

sounds more like your wishlist than a definite outcome.

True :lol:

Definite outcome could be even more profound.

Did not want to hurt feelings, but, would not be astonished if BiBi suddenly drops (Cake in hand) in Tehran.

Look, politics, worst than prostitution :lol:

noddy wrote:.

Iran will definitely get stronger, that much i can agree with.

World powers have realized, within that space, only guys who make sense are our beloved Pomegranates, took time, but they finally got it.

Greater Persia, here we come :D

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

hPht8rM_GaQ

It's a puzzle to me how women's rights groups in the West are obsessed with trivia such as "microagressions" and "trigger warnings" yet studiously ignore the serious plight of their sisters in parts of the ME.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

It's not a puzzle if you understand liberalism. Most of their "moral outrages" are passive aggressive with some other goal in mind, usually just a quest for more cultural power. Rage in one circumstance, indifference in another. This pattern is well documented and well known in America.
Censorship isn't necessary