The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Doc

Re: The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote:
Typhoon wrote:Reason | Admit It. You Just Want Your Own Dictator
This incessant clamoring by voters and punditry for better "leaders" and more "leadership" is one of the most unsavory, dangerous and un-American tendencies in political discourse.
Thanks for posting Typhoon. I was wondering when I would encounter a publication that noted the similarities between Trump worship and Obama worship, or any past POTUS candidate as savior worship.

As many have pointed out, lots of Americans don't vote for POTUS, they vote for deity, pope, magician, Midas, Mommy & Daddy, free lunch, square circles, etc.

The "Throw me in chains but feed me!" mentality that desires "saving" is always present.

Those who wish to assume adult responsibility, and to be treated as adults, with all the inherent risks of personal reward and personal loss........ are labeled racist, sexist, Nazi, etc. Children always view hardship as unearned, and any bad day as the worst day in history.

The only "bad parents" are the ones who don't protect you from the results of your own actions. The upcoming teenage years will be difficult for much of the West.
Apparently Trump Anxiety Disordered is quite real. TAD effects millions of people even though, ironically, TAD is more than a little irrational.

Hillary said "I really deplore the tone and inflammatory rhetoric of his campaign." I deplore the death and destruction she caused-stupidity
-- Donald Trump
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Special pleading.

Yawn.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Bill Kristol loses it over Donald Trump:
Vows he’d support third-party candidate
and hopes it’s Dick Cheney

The thought of voting for Donald Trump for president is so unbearable to Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol that the infamous neocon has promised to leave the Republican Party in support of a third party bid if Trump becomes the Republican presidential nominee.

“I doubt I’d support Donald. I doubt I’d support the Democrat,” Kristol told CNN. “I think I’d support getting someone good on the ballot as a third party candidate.”

Kristol’s idea of a “third party,” however, failed to veer off the Republican ranch and instead remained firmly entrenched in the realm of the war hawks. Go figure. Kristol singled out two of the most vocal critics of the international Iranian nuclear deal as his dream ticket. Former Vice President Dick Cheney and Arkansas Senator Tom Cotton, “would be an excellent independent ticket!” Kristol told CNN in an email.

And in a tweet this morning, Kristol suggested that retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, who comes second to Trump in both national and early state polls should actually be considered the frontrunner, not Trump

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bill-kri ... d=35945758

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-president ... omination/

:lol: :lol:

Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:Special pleading.

Yawn.
OK Let me ask you a question When you o to buy a car, do you just give them whatever is being asked for the car?
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:
Typhoon wrote:Special pleading.

Yawn.
OK Let me ask you a question When you o to buy a car, do you just give them whatever is being asked for the car?
Don't follow the analogy.

Clinton is venal, corrupt, and incompetent.

However, that alone does not make Trump a good candidate.

He's a bombastic buffoon.

To me key flaws are
the inability to be able to handle criticism, constructive or otherwise and
the inability to change his mind when confronted with new information.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Enki

Post by Enki »

Simple Minded wrote:Oddly enough, those who are constantly splitting people into specific herds in order to win elections (gain power & retain power) seem to really suck at uniting people in common causes.

Strange.....
Yes. Knowing a fair number of Democratic politicos who support Hillary Clinton, it has been kind of interesting watching as the DNC suppresses the enthusiasm of the base in their endless attempts to pretend Bernie Sanders is not a real candidate.

Debbie Wasserman Schultz had NO electoral strategy for Congress in 2014 and got the lowest turnout ever. Now people who were saying, "I would grudgingly vote for HIllary." , are in, "Eff that noise.", mode.

The Democrats are trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

The Republicans can't win, but the Democrats might lose.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Enki wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:Oddly enough, those who are constantly splitting people into specific herds in order to win elections (gain power & retain power) seem to really suck at uniting people in common causes.

Strange.....
Yes. Knowing a fair number of Democratic politicos who support Hillary Clinton, it has been kind of interesting watching as the DNC suppresses the enthusiasm of the base in their endless attempts to pretend Bernie Sanders is not a real candidate.

Debbie Wasserman Schultz had NO electoral strategy for Congress in 2014 and got the lowest turnout ever. Now people who were saying, "I would grudgingly vote for HIllary." , are in, "Eff that noise.", mode.

The Democrats are trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Welcome back tinker. It would be interesting to see how different POTUS elections would be in the absence of DNC & RNC machines. It would also be interesting to hear the candidates speak their minds, rather than what they think will get them elected. I think Sanders is pretty good about this.

He did seem like a real candidate for a while, but I think he woke up one day and found a horse head in his bed. Last few months, he seems like he has learned that the house always wins and has surrendered to the god in the machinery.

Selecting a POTUS has to be the most ridiculous job interview process in the world. Too bad they don't have to create detailed business plans with costs and deadlines, pros and cons.

You might be right, I know more than a few Democrats who will stay home if Hilary is the candidate, and quite a few Liberal women who will vote against her no matter what. Women have much longer memories than men.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Enki wrote:
Rock a bye baby in the tree top... Keep dreaming Tinker.
Doc

Post by Doc »

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/smok ... d-a-crime/
Smoking Gun: Email Suggests Hillary Broke Law
Clinton instructed an aide to remove the classification marking from information, a federal offense

by Keith Koffler

The latest batch of Hillary Clinton emails released by the State Department early Friday contain what may be the smoking gun that forces the Justice Department to charge the former secretary of state with a crime, according to former federal prosecutor Joseph diGenova.

“This is gigantic,” said diGenova. “She caused to be removed a classified marking and then had it transmitted in an unencrypted manner. That is a felony. The removal of the classified marking is a federal crime. It is the same thing to order someone to do it as if she had done it herself.”

On the June 17, 2011, email chain with senior State Department adviser Jake Sullivan, Clinton apparently asked Sullivan to change the marking on classified information so that it is no longer flagged as classified.

Clinton, using her private email server, asks for “the TPs,” apparently a reference to talking points being prepared for her. Sullivan, who is using his official State Department email, responds, “They say they’ve had issues sending secure fax. They’re working on it.” Clinton responds, “If they can’t, turn into nonpaper w[ith] no identifying heading and send nonsecure.”

It’s not clear if Sullivan actually followed through on Clinton’s orders. But if he did, it may expose Clinton to serious legal jeopardy.

“This makes it impossible for the bureau not to recommend charges,” diGenova said of the FBI. “This makes it impossible not to go forward, and it certainly ties the hand of the attorney general.”
YMix

Post by YMix »

Democratic, Republican Identification Near Historical Lows

PRINCETON, N.J. -- In 2015, for the fifth consecutive year, at least four in 10 U.S. adults identified as political independents. The 42% identifying as independents in 2015 was down slightly from the record 43% in 2014. This elevated percentage of political independents leaves Democratic (29%) and Republican (26%) identification at or near recent low points, with the modest Democratic advantage roughly where it has been over the past five years.

[...]
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

YMix wrote:
Democratic, Republican Identification Near Historical Lows

PRINCETON, N.J. -- In 2015, for the fifth consecutive year, at least four in 10 U.S. adults identified as political independents. The 42% identifying as independents in 2015 was down slightly from the record 43% in 2014. This elevated percentage of political independents leaves Democratic (29%) and Republican (26%) identification at or near recent low points, with the modest Democratic advantage roughly where it has been over the past five years.

[...]
No surprises there.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

The 'Political Independents' are the most brand conscious of all the voting blocs
noddy

Post by noddy »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:The 'Political Independents' are the most brand conscious of all the voting blocs
its awfully tricky voting for yourself, especially when your name isnt even on the stupid list they give you.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

noddy wrote:
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:The 'Political Independents' are the most brand conscious of all the voting blocs
its awfully tricky voting for yourself, especially when your name isnt even on the stupid list they give you.
People are getting a whole lot better at having the next best thing- blank-slate candidates they can project all their hopes and insecurities onto, making every choice existentially significant.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
noddy wrote:
People are getting a whole lot better at having the next best thing- blank-slate candidates they can project all their hopes and insecurities onto, making every choice existentially significant.
How else are we ever gonna be happy with gubmint? :)
NapLajoieonSteroids

Simple Minded wrote:
noddy wrote:
How else are we ever gonna be happy with gubmint? :)
Every year when I go to vote, I am stuck with the same lady at the check-in table who reads my name off the list and then starts speaking to me in Italian, in a very exaggerated manner. And she gets so excited because she is some Italophile who has it in her head because of my name and my familiarity with the language I must share her interest. She means well, but she goes on and on and on about things not important to me in that moment; and she puts on this big production about this or that in Italy (or about Italians) that I really don't care for. No matter how well intentioned, it's a waste of time for me and everybody waiting in line to vote and get on with their lives. Anyway, every year, when she finally does hand me the ballot, this huge smile crosses her face and she gets this look like the idea fomenting in her head is utterly brilliant. And she signs off our forced encounter by giving me the cornu hand gesture- the metalhead devil horns- to ward off the evil eye.

I'm sure the lady means well and she obviously thinks her gesture is something I should appreciate...that's it is something good for me.

But the way she does it...well, the way she does is really the gesture for saying that I'm being cuckolded, or I am a cuckold....

and well, there was some gubmint metaphor in all of this...but I seemed to have lost the plot....maybe you get the picture. ;)
YMix

Post by YMix »

She's a reptilian for sure.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
noddy

Post by noddy »

nar, a casual racist, attacking napster with cultural cliche micro-aggressions, triggering deep seated cultural identity crisis and threatnin is his masculinity.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

well, the "The emasculating logic of political correctness from our [reptilian overlords] always seeks a path to throw dirt on the victims, while offering something of a clearance sale on the responsibility of the [reptilian] murderers. As it is the essence of political correctness that the tolerant society — the open, multicultural, diverse society — is always both catalyst and agent for the horrific deeds of those from intolerant [reptilian] societies." :)
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Every year when I go to vote, I am stuck with the same lady at the check-in table who reads my name off the list and then starts speaking to me in Italian, in a very exaggerated manner. And she gets so excited because she is some Italophile who has it in her head because of my name and my familiarity with the language I must share her interest. She means well, but she goes on and on and on about things not important to me in that moment; and she puts on this big production about this or that in Italy (or about Italians) that I really don't care for. No matter how well intentioned, it's a waste of time for me and everybody waiting in line to vote and get on with their lives. Anyway, every year, when she finally does hand me the ballot, this huge smile crosses her face and she gets this look like the idea fomenting in her head is utterly brilliant. And she signs off our forced encounter by giving me the cornu hand gesture- the metalhead devil horns- to ward off the evil eye.

I'm sure the lady means well and she obviously thinks her gesture is something I should appreciate...that's it is something good for me.

But the way she does it...well, the way she does is really the gesture for saying that I'm being cuckolded, or I am a cuckold....

and well, there was some gubmint metaphor in all of this...but I seemed to have lost the plot....maybe you get the picture. ;)
Typical NYer, thinks Napoleon is an Italian name.... ;)

:lol: I love it. Stereotyping at it's best. We both have Italian names...... our common interests are probably endless.

My wife's family is Italian, don't ever mention spaghetti sauce recipes in their presence..... :shock:

Rochester is loaded with Italians, if you can't whip 5 WOP jokes off the top of your head with no notice, ya get no respect!
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:well, the "The emasculating logic of political correctness from our [reptilian overlords] always seeks a path to throw dirt on the victims, while offering something of a clearance sale on the responsibility of the [reptilian] murderers. As it is the essence of political correctness that the tolerant society — the open, multicultural, diverse society — is always both catalyst and agent for the horrific deeds of those from intolerant [reptilian] societies." :)
Especially in "the South." :D
YMix

Post by YMix »

Simple Minded wrote:My wife's family is Italian, don't ever mention spaghetti sauce recipes in their presence.....
Hmmm, I would be interested in a couple of good ones. :)
NapLajoieonSteroids

Simple Minded wrote: if you can't whip 5 WOP jokes off the top of your head with no notice, ya get no respect!
Well, I never! *huff&puff and vice grip on my pearls* I didn't really grow up with WOP/ethnic jokes, dude. The best I could give you is the observation I made to my father when he was reminiscing about the greaseballs he grew up with. I said, "Look, you grew up with people named Salvatoria and Luigi and Vincenzo and Aldo while I grew up with people named Cole, Chrissy, Bonnie, Bradley, and Clayton...it's like we went from WOP to WASP in one generation flat." :P