Glowing

This too shall pass.
YMix

Re: Glowing

Post by YMix »

Typhoon wrote:A well curied ham.
:)
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I guess then my website is of great value.
If one is absolutely convinced that such a scenario is "imminent", then such a website is superfluous.
More to the point, it is deadly dangerous to rely on it.
Getting the margin of safety wrong is the difference between life, of a sort, and one of the most unpleasant deaths imaginable.

Rather simply move to N/S Dakota or Nebraska or Kansas*. As far away from both coastlines as is possible in the continental USA.

I recall that there are former missile silos for sale in that area. Bespoke homes for survivalists, one would think.

*Or, better yet, Canada: Manitoba or Saskatchewan or Alberta or Yukon or North West Territories :wink:
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Personal defense advice from "Colonel Sun".

"In the event of a nuclear detonation know as little about it as possible".

[Sorry, the requested page does not exist.
Please check the URL for correct spelling and capitalization.]

To each their own.
Censorship isn't necessary
Alexis

Not Glowing

Post by Alexis »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Putin raises possibility of using nuclear weapons against terrorists - but hopes they ‘will never need’ them.
(...)
Putin is not a man with a real history of empty threats. It's a part of life now.
Nuclear use against Jihadist-held territory is not completely excluded:
- A moderate leader like V V Putin refuses nuclear use and "hopes" to be able to continue refusing it in the future.
- A less moderate would-be leader like Ted Cruz has stated he would use nuclear weapons against the I.S.

That being said, this is unrelated to "nuclear war" as in: both sides have nukes. Notably, ICBMs, SLMBs and MRVs are excluded... because no Jihadist, even no Muslim-majority nation has any (Pakistan's nukes are regional range)

As for the nuclear terrorism scenario, only nations are able to build nukes and nuclear theft is not really an option because devices are well guarded. So if somebody put a nuclear bomb on a freighter in a US harbor, that "somebody" would have to be Pakist... sorry would have to be a nation rather than a terrorist group. I disagree with Typhoon: the US would not invade Borneo in response.

And the predictible US reaction is precisely why this scenario is very improbable: reprisal would be extremely painful.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Personal defense advice from "Colonel Sun".

"In the event of a nuclear detonation know as little about it as possible".

[Sorry, the requested page does not exist.
Please check the URL for correct spelling and capitalization.]

To each their own.
Not clear to me what benefit there is to be gained from unreliable and inaccurate misinformation.
A false sense of security is of little benefit when dealing with nuclear blasts.

On the other hand, move to the middle of the USA and homestead a former missile silo is, well, concrete advice.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

What was inaccurate about that site. I can think of a dozen useful things it provides, such as what escape routes will be available depending on how large of a blast you endure. I can't imagine how ignorance would be of any benefit. To each their own.
Mr. Perfect

Re: Not Glowing

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Alexis wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Putin raises possibility of using nuclear weapons against terrorists - but hopes they ‘will never need’ them.
(...)
Putin is not a man with a real history of empty threats. It's a part of life now.
- A moderate leader like V V Putin refuses nuclear use and "hopes" to be able to continue refusing it in the future.
- A less moderate would-be leader like Ted Cruz has stated he would use nuclear weapons against the I.S.

That being said, this is unrelated to "nuclear war" as in: both sides have nukes. Notably, ICBMs, SLMBs and MRVs are excluded... because no Jihadist, even no Muslim-majority nation has any (Pakistan's nukes are regional range)

As for the nuclear terrorism scenario, only nations are able to build nukes and nuclear theft is not really an option because devices are well guarded. So if somebody put a nuclear bomb on a freighter in a US harbor, that "somebody" would have to be Pakist... sorry would have to be a nation rather than a terrorist group. I disagree with Typhoon: the US would not invade Borneo in response.

And the predictable US reaction is precisely why this scenario is very improbable: reprisal would be extremely painful.
It appears that you guys here are several years behind the curve in nuclear war strategy. I'm amazed at the assumptions implicit in some of the reasoning here. Suffice it to say there are scenarios in play none of you have considered.

Prepare to your discretion. Choose ignorance if you want, or do a little open minded research and studying as you would for any other likely event.

Keep in mind the nuclear scenario as likely is something you liberals champion, from Kerry to Buffet to baramba himself.
Typhoon

Re: Not Glowing

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Alexis wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:
(...)

And the predictable US reaction is precisely why this scenario is very improbable: reprisal would be extremely painful.
It appears that you guys here are several years behind the curve in nuclear war strategy. I'm amazed at the assumptions implicit in some of the reasoning here. Suffice it to say there are scenarios in play none of you have considered.

Prepare to your discretion. Choose ignorance if you want, or do a little open minded research and studying as you would for any other likely event.

Keep in mind the nuclear scenario as likely is something you liberals champion, from Kerry to Buffet to baramba himself.
Do inform us about how "up to date" you are.

Citations, if you please.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I've been studying post USSR nuclear war since 2004. It used to be a liberal talking point, John Kerry ran on terrorists getting nukes way back then, it was mainstream liberal ideology. Liberals were the ones who made this movie. Note the date. I watched it when it came out.

http://www.netflix.com/title/70129456

So it is amazing you guys forgot so fast, if you ever even followed politics then, but I would suggest watching this movie first the we can lead you to other educational resources.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I've been studying post USSR nuclear war since 2004. It used to be a liberal talking point, John Kerry ran on terrorists getting nukes way back then, it was mainstream liberal ideology. Liberals were the ones who made this movie. Note the date. I watched it when it came out.

So it is amazing you guys forgot so fast, if you ever even followed politics then, but I would suggest watching this movie first the we can lead you to other educational resources.
Netflix link does not work for those outside of the USA.

IMDB link?
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1572769/

obama says our biggest security risk is a nuke in NYC. obama is not a teabagger.
Demon of Undoing

Post by Demon of Undoing »

Meh. Obama says lots of lavender.

The pros aren't really worried about it except in an abstract sense. On the tactical end there are assets and procedures in place to monitor the people that might want to make it happen ( no claims from here as to perfection of process).

There are no unknown nuclear materials. I think I have said it before, but every reactor has a specific signature, and the unknown reactors ( such as there are, few and far between) are able to be identified by largely process of elimination. Whoever provides that material to someone that uses it in a bomb is going to be at the mercy of the only nation to have ever used nukes to actually kill people. Under those circumstances, there will be no mercy, everybody knows it, and everybody with a reactor guards their material as best they can precisely because it is known exactly how badly that will turn out for them.

I lose sleep over lots of things. This isn't one of them.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Did you predict Isis, Paris or San Bernardino.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Joking aside about the American neocon propensity to attack nations unrelated to attacks on America, Alexis and DoU have summed it up.

frAEmhqdLFs
jerryberry

Post by jerryberry »

Mr. Perfect wrote:So I can only post a small portion of what I am on these forums, suffice it so say that when obama was elected it made nuclear war inevitable. As such with my contacts we began doing simulations. Can't really do a full briefing here, but start to use tools like this to learn about your area and challenges you face. If it isn't too late.

http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

There are some easier ones, but find one that works for you.
What is the simulation for how a bomb gets built and shipped here? I can only imagine a cargo ship delivering...From what point do your simulations start?
Torchwood

Post by Torchwood »

DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE
---------------------

INSTRUCTIONS FOR CIVIL DEFENCE.

ON HEARING THE FIRST WARNING:

1. PROCEED TO THE NEAREST BUILDING.

2. STAY AWAY FROM LOOSE OBJECTS, AND DROP ALL GLASSES, BOOKS ETC. IN
YOUR HANDS.

3. REMOVE SHARP OBJECTS, SUCH AS PENCILS AND KEYS, FROM YOUR POCKETS.

4. LOOSEN YOUR NECKTIE, UNBUTTON YOUR COAT AND REMOVE RESTRICTIVE
ARTICLES OF CLOTHING.

5. REMOVE EYEGLASSES, EARRINGS, WATCHES AND OTHER JEWELRY.

6. UPON SEEING THE BRILLIANT FLASH OF A NUCLEAR EXPLOSION, BEND OVER
AND PLACE YOUR HEAD FIRMLY BETWEEN YOUR LEGS.

7. THEN KISS YOUR ASS GOODBYE
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Mr. Perfect wrote:sed to be a liberal talking point, John Kerry ran on terrorists getting nukes way back then, it was mainstream liberal ideology. Liberals were the ones who made this movie. Note the date. I watched it when it came out.

A vehement hatred of "liberalism" and, yet, his entire worldview is informed by liberal Hollywood entertainment. Freud would have loved to be alive today.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Torchwood wrote:DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE
---------------------

INSTRUCTIONS FOR CIVIL DEFENCE.

ON HEARING THE FIRST WARNING:

1. PROCEED TO THE NEAREST BUILDING.

2. STAY AWAY FROM LOOSE OBJECTS, AND DROP ALL GLASSES, BOOKS ETC. IN
YOUR HANDS.

3. REMOVE SHARP OBJECTS, SUCH AS PENCILS AND KEYS, FROM YOUR POCKETS.

4. LOOSEN YOUR NECKTIE, UNBUTTON YOUR COAT AND REMOVE RESTRICTIVE
ARTICLES OF CLOTHING.

5. REMOVE EYEGLASSES, EARRINGS, WATCHES AND OTHER JEWELRY.

6. UPON SEEING THE BRILLIANT FLASH OF A NUCLEAR EXPLOSION, BEND OVER
AND PLACE YOUR HEAD FIRMLY BETWEEN YOUR LEGS.

7. THEN KISS YOUR ASS GOODBYE
A classic.

More so as it is accurate.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zack Morris wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:sed to be a liberal talking point, John Kerry ran on terrorists getting nukes way back then, it was mainstream liberal ideology. Liberals were the ones who made this movie. Note the date. I watched it when it came out.

A vehement hatred of "liberalism" and, yet, his entire worldview is informed by liberal Hollywood entertainment. Freud would have loved to be alive today.
As always, of course not. It's merely if you liberals want to argue with someone, you should argue with yourselves first. My threat assessments are years older and more informed

I'm amazed at just how insular you all have become. Even the slacker media knows way more about it than you guys do.

0c4f4NJSB_4
Last edited by Mr. Perfect on Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: A classic.

Quite a few survived the last nuclear war.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

jerryberry wrote: What is the simulation for how a bomb gets built and shipped here? I can only imagine a cargo ship delivering...From what point do your simulations start?
You can watch the slacker media tape I posted, and it will answer most of your questions.

But here is a simple list:

1) The bombs are already built.
2) Put them on a boat and drive the boat around
3) Then put them on a truck and drive them around

Along these lines.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

0c4f4NJSB_4
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:

A couple of tiny nuclear weapons do not a nuclear war make.

Numeracy counts in all amounts.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:0c4f4NJSB_4
Histrionic Vice clickbait is your "citation"?

In that case, why not just cite the Weekly World News and investigative journalism by Bat Boy.

Just as credible, if not more so.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:

A couple of tiny nuclear weapons do not a nuclear war make.

Numeracy counts in all amounts.
Do you think the people of Japan consider WWII a nuclear war.