Guns in the USA | Shooting the news

NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: Guns in the USA | Shooting the news

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

nothing in this life is settled and purging one party of supporters is going to put the whole thing on the table.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

It sure is settled, and the Democrats can purge all they want, they are a superminority party on the verge of extinction. It doesn't really matter what they do one way or the other. They won't be with us much longer.
Censorship isn't necessary
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

You will always have the Democrats among you. The party survived the civil war, it will survive whatever superminority you perceive.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Not really. I would give a dissertation on why the Democrats will be extinct, but like most substance it would go largely ignored on this forum. Also, most people kind of sense it already and there isn't much to talk about.

The most painful thing about extinction is not the repudiation of your most cherished beliefs and ideas, it is the reality of just being forgotten.

I mean the party will survive in a dwarfed form in some places like California and NY as a nostalgia novelty party, but the US is already governed by the GOP in most cases and always will be from here on out.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Mr. Perfect wrote: As always you have the market cornered on rookie mistakes. You guys are claiming a correlation between guns and crime/murder (the foundational priniciple of gun control), and my charts of course turn your argument into particles.

As gun freedoms and ownership have risen crime has dropped. Your argument is as false as the flat earth.
The easier it is to do something, the more likely it is to be done. Guns make it easy to terrorize people, which is why they are so highly sought after by criminals.
The militia was instructed to be regulated, but the militia is a non government entity so the regulation (walking in straight lines and having a chain of command, etc) would have to be self regulation.
"Self regulation" is no regulation at all. It's complete legal nonsense. The term regulate in a government document is plainly understood as regulation by the people's government. The Founding Fathers' writings also support this, although these writings are not legally binding in any way.
The guns were to be kept and borne by the citizens without infringement, which means no regulation. No background checks, no magazine bans, no feature bans, no waiting lists. Without infringement.
And with all the intellectual finesse of a GOP presidential candidate, you've redefined "well regulated" to mean "no regulation." Too bad nobody agrees and we have more than a century of precedent in favor of gun regulation. They will never be unregulated.
Anybody reading the language in it's simplicity will know that automatically.
I concede that being as uneducated as they are, many Republicans could read "well regulated" as "no regyoolayshun". They also seem to misread "background checks" as "knocking down doors and taking our guns".
It tells nothing. We already have registration, background checks, we have already every form of gun control there is in various states, cities, counties and Federal and they don't deter any crime.
I suppose it's no coincidence that there are enough holes in this gun control regime to make it look like a used target.
That's your problem. You keep making laws that don't work. We already have all the gun control liberals ask for and the result is those districts have the highest crime and murder problems.
Well, it's difficult to make laws that work when a substantial body of legislators are opposed to them. Slowly but surely, this battle will be won, like every other cultural battle your side has waged.
And, how would that prevent a single crime.
It would dramatically curtail straw purchases, saving thousands of lives.
No we did a thread on it. Gun control does not work in Europe.
It works fabulously well. Guns are so difficult to procure that would-be jewelry store thieves in London have to resort to the use of crude machetes, rarely leading to casualties of any kind. Police walk around unarmed.
Zack Morris

Re: Why gun control doesn't work in Europe

Post by Zack Morris »

Mr. Perfect wrote: And thank you for wildly misinterpreting those charts. It makes for so many more months of merriment as I drive the chainsaw deeper into the forehead, but for now we'll say that crime has dropped everywhere while gun ownership and freedoms have increased everywhere for 30 years.
Yes, crime has dropped at the cost of a totalitarian carcerial state with trigger-happy police that routinely terrorize citizens.
Except the gun control districts have 4-10 times higher murder rates, still, than the white countries you guys like so much, using the same laws.
Yes, because those districts cannot enact or enforce laws in surrounding districts from which weapons continue to flow freely.
kmich

Post by kmich »

Mr. Perfect wrote:ImageImageImageImage

Etc.
Babes with products have always been a winner with advertisement, from Crystal Pepsi to automobiles.

Hey, those babes can clean my barrel and empty my chamber anytime. ;)
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

These "babes" are all highly skilled successful competitive shooters. It's interesting to see who instinctively goes to objectification first.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zack Morris wrote: Yes, crime has dropped at the cost of a totalitarian carcerial state with trigger-happy police that routinely terrorize citizens.
Democrats are as Democrats do.
Yes, because those districts cannot enact or enforce laws in surrounding districts from which weapons continue to flow freely.
How come the surrounding lawless districts don't have the murder problems though.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Mr. Perfect wrote: Yes, because those districts cannot enact or enforce laws in surrounding districts from which weapons continue to flow freely.
How come the surrounding lawless districts don't have the murder problems though.
Low population density, high homogeneity. In urban areas with comparatively relaxed gun control, crime is higher than in surrounding rural regions.

Now, I wonder what European rural crime vs. American rural crime looks like?
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zack Morris wrote: The easier it is to do something, the more likely it is to be done.
So how come states with more guns and less laws have fewer crimes.
Guns make it easy to terrorize people, which is why they are so highly sought after by criminals.
Which is why they always seem to get around the gun laws. Prohibitions never seem to work do they.
"Self regulation" is no regulation at all. It's complete legal nonsense. The term regulate in a government document is plainly understood as regulation by the people's government.

Ok so show me chapter and verse where the original congresses passed militia regulations. And be quick about it.

Also, I take it that you capitualted on the point that any regulation is on a militia and not guns, right? Gun ownership is not to be infringed.
The Founding Fathers' writings also support this, although these writings are not legally binding in any way.
They certainly are because the Courts appeal to them from time to time.
And with all the intellectual finesse of a GOP presidential candidate, you've redefined "well regulated" to mean "no regulation." Too bad nobody agrees and we have more than a century of precedent in favor of gun regulation. They will never be unregulated.
No, a plain reading is that the militia was instructed to regulate itself, and guns were not to be regulated at all.

Reading comprehension matters Zack Morris. It is unfortunately just one of your many weak links. The 2nd Amendment was about 2 things, militia and gun ownership, the only one mentioning regulation is militia, an NON GOVERNMENT ARMY, and the right to keep and bear arms is to be uninfringed. Which is no regulation.

But the reality is that gun freedoms have been expanding for 30 years while gun crime has been receding, and gun rights have grown in popularity, thanks in part to recent media hysterias. But on the brightside there is a court case working its' way through the system that will end all gun regulation. I'm looking forward to it.
I concede that being as uneducated as they are, many Republicans could read "well regulated" as "no regyoolayshun". They also seem to misread "background checks" as "knocking down doors and taking our guns".
Again, simple reading matters. The militia was to regulate itself while guns were to be unregulated. Just read the thing for a change. It says the right to keep and bear arms is to be uninfringed. That means no regulation. Self regulation was in regard to the militia, not gun ownership.
I suppose it's no coincidence that there are enough holes in this gun control regime to make it look like a used target.
Democrats passed these laws, not Republicans. I think at your suggestion we expand the topic to incompetent Democrat legislating.
Well, it's difficult to make laws that work when a substantial body of legislators are opposed to them.
Ehh, almost all gun control is at the state level, passed by the state and enforced by the state, almost always Democrats.

So if Democrats won't enforce their own laws why would Republicans. Do you understand the difference between a state government and the Federal Government in the US system. You may not know that the Feds don't enforce state laws and vice versa, rendering your point impotent along with all your other points.
Slowly but surely, this battle will be won, like every other cultural battle your side has waged.
This battle has been won, no doubt about it. Gun control was at it's zenith 40-60 years ago, and gun rights have been winning ever since. We are very close to no gun laws at all. I like it.
It would dramatically curtail straw purchases, saving thousands of lives.
No it wouldn't.
It works fabulously well.
Not it doesn't, we did a thread on it.
Guns are so difficult to procure
No they aren't. The Paris terrorists got bunches of them without any problem at all. There have been 3 Paris assault weapon attacks in the last year. They didn't have the slightest problem getting the weapons at all. It doesn't work.
that would-be jewelry store thieves in London have to resort to the use of crude machetes, rarely leading to casualties of any kind. Police walk around unarmed.
Nice story bro.

In the meantime in the US where we have Euro style gun control they have 10 times the murder and our cops look the military. Why is that if gun control worked.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zack Morris wrote: Low population density, high homogeneity.
Actually segregated areas like modern Democrat cities are highly homogenous in terms of everyday life of the inhabitants. So back to the drawing board.

Why would living close to someone make you want to murder them.
In urban areas with comparatively relaxed gun control, crime is higher than in surrounding rural regions.
:)
Good luck backing that up.
Now, I wonder what European rural crime vs. American rural crime looks like?
No need to wonder, it's the information age.

But what w have established so far is the urban murder rates in the US are way higher than urban murder rates in the whiter countries you like so much, with the same amount of gun control. SO obviously gun control does not work.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:Well, I was only going to compare the US to developed countries, but as you insist on comparing the US to Uganda, then so be it.
How about comparing to Greenland which sits at the world average. Looks like the murder rate in Greenland is 50% larger than the US.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
kmich

Post by kmich »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I didn't want to say it, but kmich these women will never ever ever have sex with you. I know lots of gun women and they have special disdain for males who find guns "icky".
Whatever. I have owned firearms all my life, have served in the military, and have proficiency. I hardly find them, "icky." I suppose "real men" have to demonstrate their macho by parading them around and preaching their "gun rights," as puerile as that may be...
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Why would promoting rights ever be puerile. That bill of rights was paid for with blood.
kmich

Post by kmich »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Why would promoting rights ever be puerile. That bill of rights was paid for with blood.
Defending rights through responsible political action when they are genuinely challenged is a responsibility of citizenship. Promoting and preaching about them when they are not are exercises in "cheap grace," an adolescent self-indulgent exhibitionism which not only trivializes these rights but also imperils them by repeatedly crying "wolf.'
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Ehh no the 2nd amendment is under attack like it hasn't been in over 30 years. There has never been a better time to defend those rights. Why aren't you joining us.
Doc

Post by Doc »

What she said:

L_-N9_tnWBo
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

Heavily Armed Robbery Team Sent Packing by 65 yr Old Woman

dcPR4K4oH6k
YMix

Post by YMix »

Good Samaritan Shot and Killed by Driver Stuck in Snow, Police Say

A Good Samaritan was shot and killed in North Carolina Friday evening after he tried to help a motorist who was stuck in the snow, police said.

The scene unfolded in Catawba County, outside Charlotte, around 5 p.m. when the suspect's car slid off the road and got stuck in snow.

According to the county's sheriff, Coy Reid, some people who were passing by stopped to help the man.

Reid said that the group believed there was something wrong with the man, so they said they were going to call the police.

"He heard them say that," Reid said. "He jumps out of the car with a pistol."

[...]
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote:

A Good Samaritan was shot and killed in North Carolina Friday evening after he tried to help a motorist who was stuck in the snow, police said.

The scene unfolded in Catawba County, outside Charlotte, around 5 p.m. when the suspect's car slid off the road and got stuck in snow.

According to the county's sheriff, Coy Reid, some people who were passing by stopped to help the man.

Reid said that the group believed there was something wrong with the man, so they said they were going to call the police.

[...]
He was probably stoned on pot
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:
YMix wrote:

[...]
Drunk, unlikely, but possible.

Pot, highly improbable.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:
Doc wrote:
YMix wrote:

[...]
Drunk, unlikely, but possible.

Pot, highly improbable.
We'll have to wait for the toxicology tests to see what's inside.
Doc

Post by Doc »

One of the Obama Fast and furious weapons found during arrest of El Chapo Guzman

manolo

Post by manolo »

Folks,

Donald Trump is your man for gun control. :)

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/23/polit ... y-support/

Alex.