The State of Palestine

Typhoon

Re: The State of Palestine

Post by Typhoon »

Haaretz | Chinese President Calls for East Jerusalem as Capital of Palestinian State
Chinese President Xi Jinping on Thursday called for establishing a Palestinian state within the pre-1967-war borders amid efforts by Beijing to assert its economic and political clout in the Middle East.

Addressing the Cairo-based Arab League, Xi said the Palestinian problem "should not be marginalized."
"China supports the peaceful process in the Middle East [and] the establishment of a Palestinian state with its capital being eastern Jerusalem," he added through an interpreter.

Xi announced 50 million yuan ($7.6 million) in aid for the Palestinians.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Spegman's going to be pissed. :)
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Xi doesn't care one bit coin about the Iz-Pal conflict. But it helps to tell Arabs or anynone with a strong dislike of Israeli politics, i.e. the Arab world and Iran in particular, what they want to hear when you are on a business trip and want to make deals with them. East-Jerusalem the capital of a Palestinian state within pre-67 borders... a lovely idea but zero-likely to happen in any near future. Too many Izraeli facts on the ground outside the 67 borders and too much blood on the walls of self-exploders in Israeli restaurants, buses et-al and in Gaza after the IDF hammer. For these people to start with a clean sheet where reason and compromise have a chance you need Dr. Nuke first.
Deep down I'm very superficial
noddy

Post by noddy »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ha ... li=BBmkt5R
A co-founder of the terror group Hamas died on Tuesday, three weeks after accidentally shooting himself in the face while cleaning his weapon, an official said.

Imad al-Alami, 62, was “examining his personal weapon in his home” on Jan. 9 when the gun went off and a bullet struck him in the face
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

The Spectator | Why this deluded affection for the Palestinians
Meanwhile, the Palestinians are having their week of rage again, thousands congregating at the border fences. This was more to do with the opening of the US embassy in Jerusalem (i.e. the capital city of Israel) than the Eurovision Song Contest result — though there might have been a few among the querulous hordes insisting that Lithuania (my favourite) was robbed. Or more likely, it was the injunction by Hamas that protesters should storm the border fence, a statement given little publicity by the British media, which concentrated instead on telling us that lots of Palestinian ‘children’ had been shot by Israeli security forces. They are children when they are Palestinian. They are violent young men when they try the same business anywhere else.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.