The Donald....the newest savior.....

monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

The 2nd Amendment vs. More than Middling Dangerous Marxism..

Post by monster_gardener »

YMix wrote:
monster_gardener wrote:The gang’s members were mostly radicalised young members of West Germany’s prosperous post-war middle class.
Marx told you people that the middle class is dangerous, but did you listen? No, you didn't!
Thank You Very Much for your post, YMix
Marx told you people that the middle class is dangerous
Dangerous to the Marxist vision of a proletarian dictatorship........... :evil:

Sure........
“The internal enemy” of the proletarian Russian Revolution is constituted first and foremost by the lower middle classes. The expropriation of the expropriators being carried out at present does not represent the most serious obstacle in the path of proletarian dictatorship. In the path of the expropriation of capital the obstacles are of a purely objective nature. The small group of large capitalists has not the masses on its side, and therefore speedily becomes powerless in face of the armed proletariat.* The lower middle classes of society, on the other hand, represent a considerable section of the population, especially in Russia — to say nothing of the propertied section of the peasantry. To reckon with the wishes of these lower middle classes would mean the halting half-way of the work of the Revolution: it would mean an end of the aspirations towards the destruction of capitalism.

Exactly because the lower middle-class mass is numerically large, it has retained an influence over the working-class movement.
https://www.marxists.org/archive/kun-be ... /05/04.htm

*But apparently not so much against the lower middle class...........

Especially if they too are armed........... :idea:

Sounds like a 2nd Amendment empowered lower middle class could be a good idea for stymieing nastiness like the Russian Revolution....
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Am ... nstitution

And FWIW........

Marx could well have been talking about himself........
Born into a wealthy middle-class family in Trier in the Prussian Rhineland, Marx studied at the universities of Bonn and Berlin where he became interested in the philosophical ideas of the Young Hegelians.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Marx

And given the bloody history of Marxist Communism in the Soviet Union, China, Cambodia and elsewhere..............

I'd say that Marx/Marxism was/is More than Middling Dangerous......... ;) :twisted:
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
manolo

Re: The 2nd Amendment vs. More than Middling Dangerous Marxi

Post by manolo »

monster_gardener wrote: I'd say that Marx/Marxism was/is More than Middling Dangerous......... ;) :twisted:
monster,

Its good to see some honest respect for such manly pursuits. :)

Alex.
Doc

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
Doc wrote:.

Zack, AZ, Ymix You've been Trumped.

:lol:

The Potemkin Village of
Conservatism

The Republican party has become home to a growing number of Americans who want to burn down our political and economic systems and hang our cultural elites. They’re tired of being policed by political correctness, often with the complicity of supposed conservatives. They don’t like Republican candidates who denounce them as “takers” with no future in the global economy. And they suspect, rightly, that the Chamber of Commerce will sell them down the river if it adds to the bottom line.

All true, but it’s sad that this frustrated cohort now fixes on Trump as its savior.

The fact is, for all the problems we may have with Wall Street or Washington, our biggest problems are systemic — the disruptions caused by technological progress and globalization, mass migration, family breakdown and so on. There’s no all-controlling Wizard of Oz to slay.

Put simply, nobody in American elite life — not in politics, not in finance, not in the intellectual world — has been able to find a convincing explanation for the transformative negative changes that characterize our time. These changes are spiritually and possibly literally earth-shattering. The family is falling apart and being redefined at the same time. Incomes have stagnated. Small stateless actors with global reach due to the Internet threaten the disruption and destruction of everyday life in places major (Paris) and minor (San Bernardino). And for many the ethnic complexion of America is changing in ways it has never changed before.

So along come Trump and Sanders, and what do they say? They both say the system doesn’t work. Trump says it’s because losers are in charge and that the goal needs to be “winning.” Sanders says the system is rigged, billionaires run everything and must be stripped of their power (and money), and bankers must be sent to jail by the dozens if not hundreds. Note that the key to understanding these appeals is that they are really not all that partisan. Trump doesn’t say Obama is to blame, though he says Obama is a “disaster” — but then, so was Bush in his estimation. Sanders doesn’t really say the problem is recalcitrant Republicans but rather the behavior of a superclass of people who stand above politics and manipulate it like puppeteers manipulate marionettes.

Their meta-message is this: The problems are bigger than the ideological choices of the guy in the White House or the sclerosis of the Senate. They are systemic — not politically systemic, but civilizationally systemic. Trump said in the last debate that he was content to be “a vessel for anger.” Sanders yells a lot in debate, thus signaling anger.

But this goes beyond anger. They are, in effect, saying, “We better do some extremely large things fast or this country is finished.” And finished fast. Like now. Like by 2020.

Again: nobody knows what to do. But people want something to be done.

Trump or no Trump, a lot of conservatives are going to vote Republican this fall with no expectation that it’s going to do a damn bit of good in terms of turning around the fragmentation and stagnation of the country. This is not simply because the GOP is mostly useless (as are the Democrats), but because the sources of our disorder are not really political, except insofar as they have to do with the limits of the liberal order, which the GOP and the Democrats both embody.

Much more at the link

GOP guys should read this

I have seen plenty of self serve BS n this topic already. Getting tired of the Demcratic-Republican party propaganda machine. Reagan was treated much the same in 1980
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Doc wrote:
Doc wrote:.

Zack, AZ, Ymix You've been Trumped.

The Potemkin Village of
Conservatism

The Republican party has become home to a growing number of Americans who want to burn down our political and economic systems and hang our cultural elites. They’re tired of being policed by political correctness, often with the complicity of supposed conservatives. They don’t like Republican candidates who denounce them as “takers” with no future in the global economy. And they suspect, rightly, that the Chamber of Commerce will sell them down the river if it adds to the bottom line.

All true, but it’s sad that this frustrated cohort now fixes on Trump as its savior.

The fact is, for all the problems we may have with Wall Street or Washington, our biggest problems are systemic — the disruptions caused by technological progress and globalization, mass migration, family breakdown and so on. There’s no all-controlling Wizard of Oz to slay.

Put simply, nobody in American elite life — not in politics, not in finance, not in the intellectual world — has been able to find a convincing explanation for the transformative negative changes that characterize our time. These changes are spiritually and possibly literally earth-shattering. The family is falling apart and being redefined at the same time. Incomes have stagnated. Small stateless actors with global reach due to the Internet threaten the disruption and destruction of everyday life in places major (Paris) and minor (San Bernardino). And for many the ethnic complexion of America is changing in ways it has never changed before.

So along come Trump and Sanders, and what do they say? They both say the system doesn’t work. Trump says it’s because losers are in charge and that the goal needs to be “winning.” Sanders says the system is rigged, billionaires run everything and must be stripped of their power (and money), and bankers must be sent to jail by the dozens if not hundreds. Note that the key to understanding these appeals is that they are really not all that partisan. Trump doesn’t say Obama is to blame, though he says Obama is a “disaster” — but then, so was Bush in his estimation. Sanders doesn’t really say the problem is recalcitrant Republicans but rather the behavior of a superclass of people who stand above politics and manipulate it like puppeteers manipulate marionettes.

Their meta-message is this: The problems are bigger than the ideological choices of the guy in the White House or the sclerosis of the Senate. They are systemic — not politically systemic, but civilizationally systemic. Trump said in the last debate that he was content to be “a vessel for anger.” Sanders yells a lot in debate, thus signaling anger.

But this goes beyond anger. They are, in effect, saying, “We better do some extremely large things fast or this country is finished.” And finished fast. Like now. Like by 2020.

Again: nobody knows what to do. But people want something to be done.

Trump or no Trump, a lot of conservatives are going to vote Republican this fall with no expectation that it’s going to do a damn bit of good in terms of turning around the fragmentation and stagnation of the country. This is not simply because the GOP is mostly useless (as are the Democrats), but because the sources of our disorder are not really political, except insofar as they have to do with the limits of the liberal order, which the GOP and the Democrats both embody.

Much more at the link

GOP guys should read this

I have seen plenty of self serve BS n this topic already. Getting tired of the Demcratic-Republican party propaganda machine. Reagan was treated much the same in 1980

Rumour is, Stock market up and down due to "Bernie Sanders".

WJS
The Bernie Sanders Tax Attack on Stock Trades

In the Democrats’ presidential debate on Sunday, Bernie Sanders repeated his call for a tax on Wall Street. The levy he has proposed, a 50-cent tax on every $100 of stock trades, “will reduce risky and unproductive high-speed trading and other forms of Wall Street speculation,” according to his website, and the “proceeds would be used to provide debt-free public college education.”
http://www.thestreet.com/story/13319434 ... onomy.html

The stock market is freaking out about Trump and Sanders

Looks like, it will be Trump against Sanders .. both, no good for Wall Street crooks

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Why not add sales tax for equity trades and eliminate capital gains?
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
YMix

Post by YMix »

Why not shut down all tax havens?
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Reuters | Poll: Trump in lead at 40.6 percent
Republican front-runner candidate Donald Trump has a big lead in the race for the 2016 presidential nomination nationally, swamping his opponents with a 40.6 percent share of those surveyed, a Reuters-Ipsos tracking poll found on Friday.

The survey of 582 respondents found Trump with a higher percentage of the vote than his next four challengers combined, with Texas Senator Ted Cruz drawing 10.5 percent, retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson with 9.7 percent, former Florida Governor Jeb Bush at 9.2 percent and Florida Senator Marco Rubio with 7.2 percent.

In a hypothetical matchup between Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton and Trump, Clinton holds a statistically insignificant lead of 41.4 percent to 40.8 percent.
A small sample size, but the difference is large enough to be statistically significant.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Typhoon wrote:Reuters | Poll: Trump in lead at 40.6 percent
Republican front-runner candidate Donald Trump has a big lead in the race for the 2016 presidential nomination nationally, swamping his opponents with a 40.6 percent share of those surveyed, a Reuters-Ipsos tracking poll found on Friday.

The survey of 582 respondents found Trump with a higher percentage of the vote than his next four challengers combined, with Texas Senator Ted Cruz drawing 10.5 percent, retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson with 9.7 percent, former Florida Governor Jeb Bush at 9.2 percent and Florida Senator Marco Rubio with 7.2 percent.

In a hypothetical matchup between Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton and Trump, Clinton holds a statistically insignificant lead of 41.4 percent to 40.8 percent.
A small sample size, but the difference is large enough to be statistically significant.
Hard to say. Political polls typically do not use randomized samples but rather select only key precincts where the distribution of the voters mirrored voting results of the previous election. If the voter's logic changes, the validity of the poll may be inaccurate.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

never trusted the West

5842d71527696199502d9650a1e0fa8d.jpg
5842d71527696199502d9650a1e0fa8d.jpg (165.99 KiB) Viewed 888 times

Interesting to know what XI thinking sitting in this Spartan place.

1st and 2nd biggest civilizations meet

iCuBcfoQtRQ

manolo

Post by manolo »

Folks,

Trump is enjoying himself. :)

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/23/polit ... y-support/

Alex.
Alexis

1st and 2nd biggest... what?

Post by Alexis »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:1st and 2nd biggest civilizations meet
It's called an "ego", HP, not a civilization :lol:
Typhoon

Re: 1st and 2nd biggest... what?

Post by Typhoon »

Alexis wrote:
Indeed.

By population, the largest nation is PR China and India is next.

However, population ≠ civilization.

HP, you're backsliding into revisionist posting of topics in the wrong thread.

Don't make the Red Mods impose a session of self-criticism and reeducation.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Alexis wrote:.
Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

Alexis, this not my words, but "Harvard Professor Nelson Richard Frye" (Assieh Namdar, interviewer is Iranian too :lol: )

IYjVGZmY8k4

Said B4, you guys have wrong understanding what civilization means

Typhoon wrote:
Alexis wrote:
Indeed.

CS, India was never a big civilization .. probably never will be.

Heracleum Persicum

“Donald Trump is a breath of fresh air.”
Jerry Falwell Jr.

Trump is now making overt moves to court evangelicals, most recently by making two high-profile appearances campuses known for their conservative brand of Christianity :

Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia.

Doc

Post by Doc »

Alexis wrote:.
Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

Alexis, this not my words, but "Harvard Professor Nelson Richard Frye" (Assieh Namdar, interviewer is Iranian too :lol: )

IYjVGZmY8k4

Said B4, you guys have wrong understanding what civilization means

Typhoon wrote:
Alexis wrote:
Indeed.

CS, India was never a big civilization .. probably never will be.

:roll:
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

cn00YXkR1jw
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:Alexis, this not my words, but "Harvard Professor Nelson Richard Frye" (Assieh Namdar, interviewer is Iranian too :lol:
All civilizations have their fans. :)

You are entitled to choose listening those fans which you like best :lol:
Heracleum Persicum wrote:CS, India was never a big civilization .. probably never will be.
Saying "my civilization is the best" is one thing. It's over the top, but it's after all merely the exaggeration of a natural and positive feeling.

Saying "this other civilization has no value" is another thing entirely, HP... :|

Too bad we don't have an Indian poster. We could organize a boxing match with you in the "Hell" subforum. (I would sell the popcorn ;) )
Alexis

Something must be said...

Post by Alexis »

- Given the course of the runs for Rep and Dem nomination...
- Given Bloomberg saying recently that if Trump and Sanders were the nominees, he would run as a third candidate and put 1 bn$ of personal money in it...
- Given the fact that this "B Plan for Establishment & Things as usual" that Bloomberg would become would risk not having enough political space to emerge on top, even given the number of Rep and Dem moderates unhappy with a Trump / a Sanders nominee...

...Something must be said.

Let me try to formulate it. I will express it as a logical condition, with two hypotheses:

IF (Sanders and Trump are the nominees)
AND (Each one of them is in good health by end October and has not encountered any character-destroying issue the like of what befell Strauss-Kahn in a New York hotel)
THEN (The lovers of conspiracy theories, those who are still wondering who exactly murdered JFK in Dallas and why, will have to admit that their conspiration scenarios are overblown)

Note that these are only two hypotheses.
Other hypotheses are conceivable.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Alexis, you get the last word in this thread on this off-topic my-civilization-is-better-than-your-civilization.
Alexis wrote:
Heracleum Persicum wrote:Alexis, this not my words, but "Harvard Professor Nelson Richard Frye" (Assieh Namdar, interviewer is Iranian too :lol:
All civilizations have their fans. :)

You are entitled to choose listening those fans which you like best :lol:
Heracleum Persicum wrote:CS, India was never a big civilization .. probably never will be.
Saying "my civilization is the best" is one thing. It's over the top, but it's after all merely the exaggeration of a natural and positive feeling.

Saying "this other civilization has no value" is another thing entirely, HP... :|

Too bad we don't have an Indian poster. We could organize a boxing match with you in the "Hell" subforum. (I would sell the popcorn ;) )
NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: Something must be said...

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Alexis wrote: - Given Bloomberg
I'm glad Mr.Bloomberg awoke one morning and determined that the billionaire contingent of this country wasn't represented enough in American politics.

Maybe he can clean up in the "I like rich guy elitists with contempt for the common man" demographic.

A three way race between Bloomberg, Sanders and Trump would be:

-A leftwing authoritarian

-an outright socialist

-a rightwing populist

talk about choices! :D
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
I'm glad Mr.Bloomberg awoke one morning and determined that the billionaire contingent of this country wasn't represented enough in American politics.

Maybe he can clean up in the "I like rich guy elitists with contempt for the common man" demographic.

-an outright socialist

-a rightwing populist

talk about choices! :D
Bloomberg vs Trump would be like an all NY Superbowl. Why do the 99.99% worship the 0.01% so much?
manolo

Post by manolo »

-an outright socialist

-a rightwing populist

talk about choices!
Nap,

Thank God for Hillary.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 5a2dcf.jpg

Alex.
NapLajoieonSteroids

manolo wrote:

-an outright socialist

-a rightwing populist

talk about choices!
Nap,

Thank God for Hillary.

Alex.
Would you tolerate her corruption and incompetence in your country Alex?
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

manolo wrote:Thank God for Hillary.

Alex.
Bernie mopped the floor with Hillary
Not only did she say a few things that had Republican admakers rubbing their hands together with glee — particularly when the subject of an FBI investigation spoke the words “no individual is too big to jail.”

She also had a genuinely creepy, Michael-Corleone-in-“Godfather 2” moment when she basically said “we’re both part of the same hypocrisy” after the third man in the debate, Martin O’Malley, criticized her for raising money on Wall Street.

She really doesn’t have a choice but to position herself as the insider’s insider, really, though she could do it more artfully. She talked about how O’Malley had gotten Wall Street donations when he was head of the Democratic Governors Association. “Well,” O’Malley replied, “I’m not getting them now.”

And we know Sanders isn’t. His issue set is simple. The rich should be soaked, health care should be single-payer and banks are screwing you. The reason good things don’t happen, in his view, is that rich people control politics through our campaign finance system.

He’s not compelled to deliver the coup de grace — which is that Clinton’s career is simply another manifestation of the ailment plaguing America — because it is ragingly obvious.
(more at the link)

... and the lady as bonus :lol: !

Last edited by Alexis on Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Simple Minded wrote:
Bloomberg vs Trump would be like an all NY Superbowl. Why do the 99.99% worship the 0.01% so much?
Don't forget that Sanders is from the Bronx (or one of the other boroughs) and of course Hillary fell in love with NYC the minute they elected her Senator.

It looks like the rest of the country has given up.

I bet you Rudy Giuliani is kicking himself he's not in this race. They told him that we'd never elect anyone from new york. It looks like we're electing everyone from NYC now.