The Donald....the newest savior.....

Typhoon

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Post by Typhoon »

The new new carpetbaggers will be thrilled.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Trump vs Clinton vs Paul Ryan vs Sanders would be epic entertainment value. No idea who would be standing at the end.
Censorship isn't necessary
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:No, Paul Ryan is the likely nominee at this point. Trump will be a footnote.
How can it be that these two titans, Carson and Trump,

that doth bestride the narrow world,

Like a colossus, and we mere petty men

Walk under their huge legs and peep about.

How can such gifted geniuses*, both blow it so completely?

*well, to anyone who has never actually met a real genius.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

It all begs the question..does/did Trump really want to be potus.. or is he, indeed, an id*ot.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:No, Paul Ryan is the likely nominee at this point. Trump will be a footnote.

We already covered that in comprehensive detail.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Parodite wrote:It all begs the question..does/did Trump really want to be potus..
Yes. He's a mulitbillionaire. It would be the crowning achievement of his life/career.
or is he, indeed, an id*ot.
He builds skyscrapers for a living. What do you do for a living.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Congratualations to Banksters & Their Best Gal Pal...

Post by monster_gardener »

Zack Morris wrote:Sanders won't run as independent. Trump can win as independent. Trump can't win as nominee. Trump won't be nominee. Cruz can't win as nominee. Cruz won't run as independent.

Congratulations, President Hillary Clinton!
Thank You Very Much for your post, Zack Morris.
Trump can win as independent.
Hmmnnnn.........

IMO more likely he will be a spoiler.....

Might even be able to throw the election into Congress....... :idea:

Congratulations, President Hillary Clinton!
And Congratulations to all Banksters especially the Premier American Bankster Gang Goldman Sachs.......... :twisted:

And especially the Gang Leader............. Lloyd Blankfein

For their purchase........

Of Hillary........ :twisted:
During the Democratic debate in January, Sanders criticized Clinton's Goldman Sachs ties, referring four times to tax returns released by her campaign showing she received a total of $675,000 for three speeches to the bank in 2013.
"Goldman Sachs is not going to bring forth a secretary of the Treasury for a Sanders administration," he said.
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/l ... ers-218689
On Tuesday, Mrs. Clinton further complained, “Why is there one standard for me, and not for everybody else?”

The only different standard here is the one Mrs. Clinton set for herself, by personally earning $11 million in 2014 and the first quarter of 2015 for 51 speeches to banks and other groups and industries ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... dont-work/
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
monster_gardener

Will Trump Elect Ryan...........

Mr. Perfect wrote:Trump vs Clinton vs Paul Ryan vs Sanders would be epic entertainment value. No idea who would be standing at the end.
Thank You Very Much for your post, Mr. Perfect.

If Trump throws it into the House of Representatives.......

My guess is Ryan.........

Presuming the Republicans hold the House.......

Lots of nuances though............
Election in the House and Senate

The Twelfth Amendment clarifies the procedures for so-called "contingent elections"-those that are thrown into the House and Senate for lack of an Electoral College majority.

The following rules regulate the House's choice of the President:

Only the top three vote getters in the electoral college are to be considered.

Regardless of its population and number of representatives, each state delegation in the House has only one vote, for a total of 50 votes. The District of Columbia, which sends a nonvoting delegate to the House, has no vote.

The state's choice is determine by a vote within its delegation. If that vote is a tie, the state loses its vote.

A winning candidate must receive the votes of a majority-26-of states.

There is no limit to the number of ballots in the House.

If the House fails to choose a President by Inauguration Day, January 20, the Twentieth Amendment requires that the Vice-President-elect, provided that the Senate has chosen one, serves as President until the House makes it choice.

The Senate follows these rules in its selection of the Vice-President:
The choice is between the top two vice-presidential vote-getters in the Electoral College.

Each senator has one vote, for a total of 100 votes (no vote for the District of Columbia).

A Vice-President must be elected by a majority-51-of the whole Senate.

If the Senate also fails to elect a Vice-President, the Succession Act of 1948 provides that the Speaker of the House shall act as President until a President is chosen.

The law was enacted under authority given to the Congress by the Twentieth Amendment.

Although the procedures for the way the House and Senate vote are set by the Constitution, there are no rules governing how individual members of Congress vote in such contingent elections in the House and Senate.

Members are free to vote as they please within their state's delegation.

It is conceivable, under these circumstances that the House might select a President of one party and the Senate, a Vice-President of the other.
http://lwv.org/content/who-will-elect-p ... ege-system
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zack Morris wrote:Sanders won't run as independent.
Hard to see why he wouldn't. You're 74, this is your last/only chance, the money is pouring in, in your mind you would have won if but for a few missteps early on, you are a true believer, you were never a registered Democrat, etc.

Hard to see why you wouldn't.
monster_gardener

What Will Bernie Want to Not Spoil Hillary's Weekend........

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Zack Morris wrote:Sanders won't run as independent.
Hard to see why he wouldn't. You're 74, this is your last/only chance, the money is pouring in, in your mind you would have won if but for a few missteps early on, you are a true believer, you were never a registered Democrat, etc.

Hard to see why you wouldn't.
Thank You Very Much For Your Post, Mr. Perfect............

Good points.........

You may well be correct...........

Sanders has been on a tear about Banksters.......

Especially Hillary's Bankster Pal, Lloyd Blankfein of Goldman Sachs.........

Hillary may have to come up with a big bribe to keep Sanders on the reservation......

For Bernie ;) not to Ruin Hillary's Weekend ;) oops I mean Weak End.......

Some have suggested Veep..........

But I have read that Sanders supporters would be unhappy with such a weak bribe.......

Most of the time the Veep just waits for the POTUS to die or otherwise fail...........

But Sanders has sworn not to let Goldman Sachs pick the next Secy. of the Treasury.....like with Rubin (D) & Paulson (R)........

Wondering if he might demand both Veep and selection of the Secy. of the Treasury.........

For himself..........

Or maybe someone like Elizabeth Warren...........

Though I wonder if Ron/Rand Paul might be an even bigger nightmare for the Banksters..........
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

We already covered that in comprehensive detail.
I don't think so.

However, both misadventures can be summed up as two instructive examples of how highly domain specific expertise is rarely transferable.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: I don't think so.
Yes, we already covered it.
However, both misadventures can be summed up as two instructive examples of how highly domain specific expertise is rarely transferable.
Here is what we already covered.

Yes, in the case of Carson, no in the case of Trump. In the case of Trump he is losing because of self destructive churchy conservatives like Glenn Beck who started the "never Trump" movement, an unprecedented phenomenon wherein a bloc of a party is throwing the election to the other side. It's never happened before.

I've spoken at length about the self destructive elements of both parties, both sides have people in them who under the right conditions harm their own cause self destructively. Unfortunately, this time it's happening to my side. If the churchy conservatives would have backed Trump as the eventual nominee as is the usual business for both sides then Trump would have beat Clinton.

As was all covered before.
Juno

Post by Juno »

Mr. Perfect wrote:

Yes, in the case of Carson, no in the case of Trump. In the case of Trump he is losing because of self destructive churchy conservatives like Glenn Beck who started the "never Trump" movement, an unprecedented phenomenon wherein a bloc of a party is throwing the election to the other side. It's never happened before.

I've spoken at length about the self destructive elements of both parties, both sides have people in them who under the right conditions harm their own cause self destructively. Unfortunately, this time it's happening to my side. If the churchy conservatives would have backed Trump as the eventual nominee as is the usual business for both sides then Trump would have beat Clinton.

Mr. P -- PLEASE --

Assume that in order for the GOPe to substitute Paul Ryan, they need to destroy Cruz, via video confirmation of the National Enquirer allegations. Candy Wrapper steps forward and spills beans on Teddys proclivities. This ends the GOPe, as well as Cruz, from my perspective.

I think this puts TRUMP in first place in a RYAN v. TRUMP v. HRC v. BERNIE scenario, with RYAN coming in third or fourth. But as you say Electoral College becomes a mess.

From where I sit, if anyone besides TRUMP takes the next oath of office, paying taxes becomes optional.
Proud Member International Brotherhood of Bullfighters, Rodeo Clowns, and Barrelmen, Local 17
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Well I've been bouncing the Trump Ryan Clinton Sanders 4 way past all my people for 3 days now, and I'm not into false expectations but it's near impossible to see how Trump doesn't win, and as you say Ryan is 3rd or 4th, aside from electoral college complexities.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

What we figured out yesterday is that Rove-Ryan would pick Rubio as their running mate, an amnesty ticket that would lose to Trump easily. Sanders Clinton split their votes leaving Trump the winner.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:

If a single media personality can so easily derail Trump's campaign, then there are two possible conclusions:

1/ Beck is far far smarter and much more capable than Trump or

2/ The foundations on which the Trumps campaign stands would not pass even a cursory nudge nudge wink wink construction code inspection
manolo

Post by manolo »

Folks,

He's toast.

Sadly. :cry:

Alex.
monster_gardener

Donald, Yogi and the Burnt Toast.......

manolo wrote:Folks,

He's toast.

Sadly. :cry:

Alex.
Thank You Very Much for your post, Alex Manolo eThinker.........

You may be correct.......

But to quote Yogi Bear ;) oops I mean Yogi Berra........

It ain't over till its over........ :idea:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/09/the-50- ... rra-quotes

And depending on how the toast is handled........

More than it may be burned...........
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: If a single media personality can so easily derail Trump's campaign, then there are two possible conclusions:

1/ Beck is far far smarter and much more capable than Trump or

2/ The foundations on which the Trumps campaign stands would not pass even a cursory nudge nudge wink wink construction code inspection
Wow. It's hard to find posts this rich with fallacy, cognitive dissonance and misinformation. Well done.

1) you used to measure people's intelligence by how much money they make (I have the posts), then moved off it when Trump, a multibillionaire, began running for President and all of a sudden according to you could be an durian and worth billions of dollars. Now you are using the same standard you would abandon in the future in measuring intelligence by an election outcome. Which is an even worse standard to use in this case because-

2) a) Trump is not running against Beck b) Beck is but one of the "neverTrump" churchicons who are acting self destructively in throwing the election to the Democrats. Beck is just probably the most high profile you et al may have heard of. Politics is a game of often small margins, and all one needs to do is have 3% of you base to throw a hissy fit and you can lose.

3) The "neverTrump" movement is one of the biggest topics in media, so it is interesting to see this forum go from lo info to no info.

The Trump phenomena of being the first candidate in ages on the GOP side who draws from conservatives and moderates in the primary, and thus created an anti movement of conservatives and moderates. Both sides have made a catastrophic choice to not vote for him in the general election. Unprecedented.
manolo

Post by manolo »

Mr. Perfect wrote: Both sides have made a catastrophic choice to not vote for him in the general election.
Mr P ,

I agree.

Alex.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zuckerberf blasts the trump wall of fear while employing 15 bodyguards himself. Liberals.
Doc

Post by Doc »

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-el ... up-n554306
Apr 12 2016, 6:07 am ET
Poll: Voters Split Between Clinton and Trump in Hypothetical November Matchup
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

What? You expect Obama to do anything about ISIS?

http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Iran-N ... ria-451090
Iran's Special Forces reportedly suffering heavy losses in Syria

Iran announces the killing of a first Iranian army soldier in battles in Syria

The al-Qaida affiliated Nusra Front released a video purportedly documenting the Iranian forces fleeing from the battlefield in Aleppo.

What a disaster What A disaster AZ
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

The (supposedly) richest country in the world, wants to built a wall to not let Latino children
come to America :lol:

Some 386,000 foreign students go to schools

TEHRAN — Some 386,000 foreign nationals are studying at schools in Iran, while 360,000 of them are Afghan nationals, said Shahin Noushabadi, the deputy education minister for international affairs.

Those under-privileged foreign nationals who cannot afford tuition fees will be either entitled to discount of more than 80 percent or can pay the fee in installments, Mehr news agency quoted Noushabadi as saying.

Noushabadi went on to say that according to the decree issued by the supreme leader, all foreign nationals, even those who have no identification and are living in Iran illegally, can go to schools in the country.

What a disaster, Doc, what a disaster