The U.K.

Doc

Re: The U.K.

Post by Doc »

Farage clearly said he did not make that promise and that 10 billion pounds are now free to be spent anyway the parliament wants to spend it including on the NHS.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/06 ... embership/

Just Days After Brexit, EU Releases Plan For Further Expansion, An EU Army, AND Turkish Membership
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Excellent analysis by Guardian: A way back

Excellent analysis of possibilities

and

Scotland can stop it
Scottish consent

The third, simpler scenario involves the Scottish Nationalists.

The first minister, Nicola Sturgeon, has already said she would tell her MSPs to refuse “legislative consent” if and when the Scottish parliament was required to ratify the UK’s withdrawal from the EU.

Speaking to the BBC, she said: “If the Scottish parliament was judging this on the basis of what’s right for Scotland then the option of saying ‘look, we’re not to vote for something that’s against Scotland’s interest’, of course that’s got to be on the table.”

The constitutional implications of Scottish politicians withholding consent are only now being explored.

YMix

Post by YMix »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:Because Nigel Farage, last I checked, was not a member of a House of Parliament. Any promises he personally made (or did not make) are irrelevant. If they want the money going to the NHS, they should harass people who have seating in the bodies that makes that sort of decision.

How relevant is the guy? Wasn't he was pushed aside during the 'Leave' campaign for the Michael Gove/Boris Johnson show because they are more respected or respectable?
He was one of the leading figures of the Leave campaign and he's a member of the European Parliament. He's been living on EU money for a couple of years and even tried to hire his wife as his secretary or something. :)
Doc wrote:Farage clearly said he did not make that promise
But he didn't bother to mention before the referendum that he thought that promise to be a mistake.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote:
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:Because Nigel Farage, last I checked, was not a member of a House of Parliament. Any promises he personally made (or did not make) are irrelevant. If they want the money going to the NHS, they should harass people who have seating in the bodies that makes that sort of decision.

How relevant is the guy? Wasn't he was pushed aside during the 'Leave' campaign for the Michael Gove/Boris Johnson show because they are more respected or respectable?
He was one of the leading figures of the Leave campaign and he's a member of the European Parliament. He's been living on EU money for a couple of years and even tried to hire his wife as his secretary or something. :)
Doc wrote:Farage clearly said he did not make that promise
But he didn't bother to mention before the referendum that he thought that promise to be a mistake.
I am not sure that the stay campaign ever pointed that out either.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

YMix wrote:

That is some mighty fine straw clutchin' thar. ;)
YMix

Post by YMix »

Doc wrote:I am not sure that the stay campaign ever pointed that out either.
One of the reasons why Leave won was Remain's own lack of enthusiasm about the EU. Still, it doesn't excuse Farage's dishonesty.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
Heracleum Persicum

RpxV9xuqLeA
YMix

Post by YMix »

It means: explanation required.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

YMix wrote:It means: explanation required.
No, actually.

Unless it is down in Hell.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote:
Doc wrote:I am not sure that the stay campaign ever pointed that out either.
One of the reasons why Leave won was Remain's own lack of enthusiasm about the EU. Still, it doesn't excuse Farage's dishonesty.
You haven't established Farage's Dishonesty IMHO
YMix

Post by YMix »

Doc wrote:You haven't established Farage's Dishonesty IMHO
If he thought the NHS promise was a mistake, he should've said so before the vote.
Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote:
Doc wrote:You haven't established Farage's Dishonesty IMHO
If he thought the NHS promise was a mistake, he should've said so before the vote.
Remain knew that Jo Cox murder was the work of a lone nut. Yet that didn't stop them from trying to paint the entire leave movement as murderers.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Doc wrote:Remain knew that Jo Cox murder was the work of a lone nut. Yet that didn't stop them from trying to paint the entire leave movement as murderers.
That doesn't clear Farage. It just shows the opportunism and dishonesty of both campaigns.
Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote:
Doc wrote:Remain knew that Jo Cox murder was the work of a lone nut. Yet that didn't stop them from trying to paint the entire leave movement as murderers.
That doesn't clear Farage. It just shows the opportunism and dishonesty of both campaigns.
Demagogic Pattern Detected

http://thefederalist.com/2016/06/30/wat ... n-live-tv/

The Euro elitists must be very desperate.
Heracleum Persicum

https://www.rt.com/news/348986-putin-re ... lry-rules/

“We are noticing persistent efforts by certain partners to maintain a monopoly on geopolitical dominance. They use their centuries of experience in suppressing, weakening, pitting their rivals against each other, as well as modern political, economic, financial, and informational methods,”
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

https://www.rt.com/news/348986-putin-re ... lry-rules/

“We are noticing persistent efforts by certain partners to maintain a monopoly on geopolitical dominance. They use their centuries of experience in suppressing, weakening, pitting their rivals against each other, as well as modern political, economic, financial, and informational methods,”
It is not like Russia didn't try to do the same.
The only difference is that they were as appalling bad at it as they were and are at managing their own affairs.

Or is Plutocrat Putin a secret fan of the "Yes, Prime Minister" comedy series?
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Torchwood

Post by Torchwood »

A German commentator said yesterday that the UK had become the North Korea of Europe. Actually they do have a Dear Leader, while we have none.
To paraphrase Stalin, "Neo fascism in one country".
Heracleum Persicum

Torchwood wrote:.

A German commentator said yesterday that the UK had become the North Korea of Europe. Actually they do have a Dear Leader, while we have none.

Astonished, in this day and age, characters like "Michael Gove" have an appeal to British voters, a real disaster.

"Wenn schon, dann schon" Theresa May

noddy

Post by noddy »

nonsense.

all the smarty pants globalists are reaping the crop they planted.

if they dont like the crop they should think about what kind of seeds they prepared.

big tip: laughing at the non university educated classes and calling them stupid may cause spiteful reactions, they know they are hated, they dont care what you think.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Torchwood wrote:A German commentator said yesterday that the UK had become the North Korea of Europe. Actually they do have a Dear Leader, while we have none.
Just be thankful they did not call your the "West Virginia" or the "Mississippi" of Europe.... them's fightin words! :evil:

If I was you, I'd nuke em.... just to make a point.

Sigh, another wonderful idealistic "we" brought to it's (their?) knees by the reality of "us" and "them."

As always, "'s are for Parodites' reading pleasure.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
YMix wrote:Surprised to not see this posted.

kP1USSOn9rA

These people , British, have not understood the meaning, essence of, "united Europe"

Idea is NOT every member state should get money, a net inflow.

Idea is to develop and lift those nations who are poor to a comfortable level of prosperity and standard Europe wants .. in that sense those nations who are richer, to pay to "built up" those nations who are poorer, within European union.

This guy saying basically, OTHERS (meaning Germany) should pay to built and lift up eastern Europe, Portugal, Spain, Greece and and and

Idea is to pay to built Europe .. somebody gotto pay .. Germans can only do so much

Parasite mindset, always has been .. If things don't go Brit's way, they start agitating for war .. either partnering with Russia to attack Germany (WW 1 & 2) or partnering with Germany to attack France (poor Bonaparte) .. as usual

Brits think they the "Chosen People" (poor Mosche got just a bad name :lol: )

what's the cut off point between poor nation and rich nation? does it apply to people as individuals, or just each nation as a giant herd that needs to be either milked or bottle fed?

does the rich guy in Romania pay more for his EU coal card than the poor guy in Germany for his EU gold card?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote:
Torchwood wrote:A German commentator said yesterday that the UK had become the North Korea of Europe. Actually they do have a Dear Leader, while we have none.
Just be thankful they did not call your the "West Virginia" or the "Mississippi" of Europe.... them's fightin words! :evil:

If I was you, I'd nuke em.... just to make a point.

Sigh, another wonderful idealistic "we" brought to it's (their?) knees by the reality of "us" and "them."

As always, "'s are for Parodites' reading pleasure.
Being from WV originally All I can say to that is:

Which seems to be what the Brexit leave folks are saying
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

MsNXmfqQqOU

An informed reaction on the Brexit movie by a Swiss who lives in the UK.

It would suggest that for the UK and EU member states the thing to be negotiated is the free movement of people since it is what irritates most people; that you have no full control anymore over who lives or works in your country.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Torchwood wrote:A German commentator said yesterday that the UK had become the North Korea of Europe.
Just when I am convinced that the histrionics could not become any more ridiculous,

someone has to go and raise the bar by a kilometre.