The U.K.

Doc

Re: The U.K.

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:
Torchwood wrote:A German commentator said yesterday that the UK had become the North Korea of Europe.
Just when I am convinced that the histrionics could not become any more ridiculous,

someone has to go and raise the bar by a kilometre.
How high can it go?

http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/06/28/its ... 16-brexit/
Voice
It’s Time for the Elites to Rise Up Against the Ignorant Masses

The Brexit has laid bare the political schism of our time. It’s not about the left vs. the right; it’s about the sane vs. the mindlessly angry.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
YMix

Post by YMix »

Some moron wrote:It’s Time for the Elites to Rise Up Against the Ignorant Masses

The Brexit has laid bare the political schism of our time. It’s not about the left vs. the right; it’s about the sane vs. the mindlessly angry.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
Torchwood wrote:A German commentator said yesterday that the UK had become the North Korea of Europe.
Just when I am convinced that the histrionics could not become any more ridiculous,

someone has to go and raise the bar by a kilometre.

Give the German commentator some credit, he did not refer to Nigel Farage as Hitler, or "Leavers" as Nazis! One step above an American commentator fer sure.
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Simple Minded wrote:Give the German commentator some credit, he did not refer to Nigel Farage as Hitler, or "Leavers" as Nazis! One step above an American commentator fer sure.
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Doc wrote:http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/06/28/its ... 16-brexit/
Voice

I don't understand. Has "Foreign Policy" changed its editorial policy to: "Let's overcome The Onion on their own turf"? :shock:
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Doc

Post by Doc »

Alexis wrote:
Doc wrote:http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/06/28/its ... 16-brexit/
Voice

I don't understand. Has "Foreign Policy" changed its editorial policy to: "Let's overcome The Onion on their own turf"? :shock:

I happen to talk to a few elitists online, and this story seems represent the way most of them think.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Is someone making all these UK politicians offers to retire that they can't refuse? :wink:
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Torchwood

Post by Torchwood »

Typhoon wrote:Is someone making all these UK politicians offers to retire that they can't refuse? :wink:
I wish they would. I don't approve of capital punishment, but I would make an exception for Cameron Farage and Gove - and Jeremy Corbyn. Johnson is politically dead anyway.
Torchwood

Post by Torchwood »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

Non of my business, but this Michael Gove a full fledge weirdo

Haircut like Himmler, somehow...
Torchwood

Post by Torchwood »

After being at the receiving end from England for most of 8 centuries, look at the Republic of Ireland now - the only remaining country in the EU speaking the world language. Next time the world economy crashes from financial speculation, do not blame the defunct City of London, which will have moved to Dublin.

London, meanwhile, will doubtless survive on tourism.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Torchwood wrote:
Typhoon wrote:Is someone making all these UK politicians offers to retire that they can't refuse? :wink:
I wish they would. I don't approve of capital punishment, but I would make an exception for Cameron, Farage, and Gove - and Jeremy Corbyn. Johnson is politically dead anyway.
Heads on pikes at Traitor's Gate?
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Alexis

Brexit worries people from afar...

Post by Alexis »

Jean-Claude Juncker, president of the EU Commission, has insisted in European parliament on June 28th that Brexit was worrying also to distant people.

(subtitles available in many languages)
QM-KVAXY7Gs

This is not a gag. He's actually saying it. You can check e.g. the movement of his lips.
"You should know that those who observe us from afar are worried. I saw and heard and listened some of the other planets leaders. They are very worried because they question about the way that the European Union will continue"
Some claim that Jean-Claude indulged in one of his usual excentricities - hugging other European political leaders, slapping them, or calling them "dictator" - and wanted to amuse people, embarrass the realtime translation service, and awaken the deputees. Which he by the way largely failed to do: only the lady in red behind him seems to wonder what on Earth he has smoked, the others are their usual quiet & sleepy.

That, or it's a warning to Britons. Vote better next time, or a giant flying saucer will be all over London! :mrgreen:
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Happy 240th anniversary of the original Brexit.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

I attributed the EU leader's quote to a drunker Juncker and assumed he was trying to say "the planet's other leaders".
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:Happy 240th anniversary of the original Brexit.
I suppose imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Torchwood wrote: I wish they would. I don't approve of capital punishment, but I would make an exception for Cameron Farage and Gove - and Jeremy Corbyn. Johnson is politically dead anyway.
Why. What did they do wrong.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Torchwood wrote:A German commentator said yesterday that the UK had become the North Korea of Europe. Actually they do have a Dear Leader, while we have none.
To paraphrase Stalin, "Neo fascism in one country".
What is neofascism.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

YMix wrote:
Doc wrote:Remain knew that Jo Cox murder was the work of a lone nut. Yet that didn't stop them from trying to paint the entire leave movement as murderers.
That doesn't clear Farage. It just shows the opportunism and dishonesty of both campaigns.
But you only complained about one.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Torchwood wrote:After being at the receiving end from England for most of 8 centuries, look at the Republic of Ireland now - the only remaining country in the EU speaking the world language. Next time the world economy crashes from financial speculation, do not blame the defunct City of London, which will have moved to Dublin.

London, meanwhile, will doubtless survive on tourism.
I never blamed London, I blamed central banking itself.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

noddy wrote:nonsense.

all the smarty pants globalists are reaping the crop they planted.

if they dont like the crop they should think about what kind of seeds they prepared.

big tip: laughing at the non university educated classes and calling them stupid may cause spiteful reactions, they know they are hated, they dont care what you think.
The liberal project of Post 1930's depression was to have government deliver for the little guy, and in the last number of decades the liberal project hasn't delivered on that premise on one iota. Why would you vote for people that don't do anything for you.

The Harvard Democrats are dumber than the working class. They just kept going to school.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I think Nigel Farage may be the greatest statesman since Ronald Reagan, with more than a dash of Cincinnatus. He set his nation free then returned home, setting aside further glory. A great man.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Looks increasing like the Brexit ain't happening. To be sure, the EU will crumble like Greek feta sooner than later but free trade and liberal immigration policies will never be rolled back. Any country stupid enough to do so will quickly be reminded of why these policies were enacted in the first place.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Did you read your own post.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Progressive policies have brought near-utopia to developed countries. Life in the US and Europe was terrible prior to the 1930's. Citizens had few rights, even fewer luxuries, and no dignity.

Today, all are awash in prosperity and largely conflict-free existence facilitated in no small part by a shift in how government's provide for their citizens and interact with each other.

Noisy grumbling is due to lack of perspective. Small problems amplified into stupid-fest of modern conservative politics. We have landed gentry here living high on the hog, with ample liesure time to rail on social media (this forum) about zoning laws infringing on their right to living zoning law-free and imaginary Aztlan/Mexican secession movement in a part of the country they don't live or visit. Tell tale signs of utopian status.