Complaints

Code of conduct, technical issues and problems, suggestions, and/or complaints
Typhoon

Re: Complaints

Post by Typhoon »

Endovelico wrote:
Parodite wrote:Endo, I take this forum to be a party organized and falcilitated by Col-Sun and YMix. As hosts and owners they are totally free to moderate the way they see fit. As a guest I can stay or leave when I don't like the party anymore for whatevah reason. What else is there? Different opinions about the quality of their moderation I guess.. but that won't change much. They are grown up knuckleheads as we all are here who are not convinced by anything others say here anyways. ;)

If you want to know my opinion about one or more terrible acts of moderation by the Colonel.. I need to see the text that he moved to Hell, deleted or other....
I would have some difficulty in retrieving the posts of mine which have been adulterated - censored! - by Typhoon or completely eliminated. But there have been several and I can assure you that they contained nothing offensive to anyone. You all know me long enough to know that I do not insult or offend others, even when I am a target of questionable comments. Typhoon may own this forum but that does not give him the right to be arbitrary and authoritarian towards intelligent and civilized people, as we all are. If he feels that force is an acceptable replacement for reason, then he doesn't know how to live among intelligent and civilized people. If I can't get him to give up his moderating (?) tasks, I will try to keep intercourse with the rest of you, whom I very much appreciate, and ignore him, until such a moment when his interference makes my staying here impossible. Some people can't help destroying what they can't control absolutely.
Odd, you're the one that goes around deleting your posts when they are moved to Hell or the Conspiracy Theory thread.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Our Shogun has been at it again...

Please use with care...
manolo

Post by manolo »

Folks,

I enjoy reading and posting here, so I will censor myself according to the requirements expressed.

Alex.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
Endovelico wrote:
Parodite wrote:Endo, I take this forum to be a party organized and falcilitated by Col-Sun and YMix. As hosts and owners they are totally free to moderate the way they see fit. As a guest I can stay or leave when I don't like the party anymore for whatevah reason. What else is there? Different opinions about the quality of their moderation I guess.. but that won't change much. They are grown up knuckleheads as we all are here who are not convinced by anything others say here anyways. ;)

If you want to know my opinion about one or more terrible acts of moderation by the Colonel.. I need to see the text that he moved to Hell, deleted or other....
I would have some difficulty in retrieving the posts of mine which have been adulterated - censored! - by Typhoon or completely eliminated. But there have been several and I can assure you that they contained nothing offensive to anyone. You all know me long enough to know that I do not insult or offend others, even when I am a target of questionable comments. Typhoon may own this forum but that does not give him the right to be arbitrary and authoritarian towards intelligent and civilized people, as we all are. If he feels that force is an acceptable replacement for reason, then he doesn't know how to live among intelligent and civilized people. If I can't get him to give up his moderating (?) tasks, I will try to keep intercourse with the rest of you, whom I very much appreciate, and ignore him, until such a moment when his interference makes my staying here impossible. Some people can't help destroying what they can't control absolutely.
Odd, you're the one that goes around deleting your posts when they are moved to Hell or the Conspiracy Theory thread.
Personally, I think self-deletion should be praised, especially if it happens before the original post is sent.

Just my hyper-Puritanical upbringing I guess......
manolo

Re: Europe

Post by manolo »

Simple Minded wrote: Great advice for most internet posters. If we were doing important stuff in the real world we wouldn't be posting much. Would we?
SM,

That's one of the most perceptive lines I've seen recently. :)

Alex.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Endovelico wrote:Azari,

Ignore "him"... You will never be able to defeat those particular idiosyncrasies... And the general exchange of ideas can very well continue if we ignore "him"...

Az's blatant trolling is not an exchange of ideas. It is trolling.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Doc wrote:
Endovelico wrote:Azari,

Ignore "him"... You will never be able to defeat those particular idiosyncrasies... And the general exchange of ideas can very well continue if we ignore "him"...

Az's blatant trolling is not an exchange of ideas. It is trolling.

Trolling ? ?

Many threads I initiate are burning issues of today .. I post AAA articles from well known authors and post also my opinion .. everybody invited to debate the issue

Doc

Post by Doc »

BTW
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Since posters are complaining, the mods will join in the fun.

Misdirection posts have less than zero content, mess with the thread topic, and just make work for the mods.

C5P5eQiKNQs

If one is compelled to make such posts, please choose another forum to do so.

To give some examples, please stick to the country under discussion in the Current Events thread.

From now on, off topic misdirection posts will be simply deleted, the poster may or may not be informed depending on how much time the mods have available.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:Since posters are complaining, the mods will add theirs.

Misdirection posts have less than zero content, mess with the thread topic, and just make work for the mods.

If one is compelled to make such posts, please choose another forum to do so.

C5P5eQiKNQs

To give some examples, please stick to the country under discussion in the current events thread.

From now on, off topic misdirections will be simply deleted, the poster may or may not be informed depending on how much time the mods have available.

Good idea, agree

but

should be done with care

IMO, a post about Iranian doing in Syria, would fit in Syrian thread, in Iranian thread and in US foreign policy thread .. depending how one looks at it.

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:IMO, a post about Iranian doing in Syria, would fit in Syrian thread, in Iranian thread and in US foreign policy thread .. depending how one looks at it.
Since you believe that Zionists are scheming everywhere in the world screwing everybody... I suggest one thread for you would be enough.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Parodite wrote:
Heracleum Persicum wrote:IMO, a post about Iranian doing in Syria, would fit in Syrian thread, in Iranian thread and in US foreign policy thread .. depending how one looks at it.
Since you believe that Zionists are scheming everywhere in the world screwing everybody... I suggest one thread for you would be enough.
I think I love you Parodite. Rhymes with Aphrodite, correct?

Life might be easier for the mods, if we all had our own personal threads, "The World according to ______."
YMix

Post by YMix »

We need to add this to the Rules.

“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
noddy

Post by noddy »

why pick on us grouchy and irratables.

thats plain mean.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:why pick on us grouchy and irratables.

thats plain mean.
racist, sexist, right wingers. they're all like that.

if they cared, they be funding drugs for your people.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
» Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:49 pm

I wouldn't call it oppression, I would call it silliness. To spend time diligently hunting down posts that hurt the feelings of Democrats... defies explanation. And then claim to be a champion of free speech. It's hilarious.
For a monothematic obsessive-compulsive with an highly overdeveloped sense of entitlement and delusions of control,
this may be beyond your understanding:

This mod is not obliged to cater to your persecution complex and paranoia.

You're right about one thing.
It takes far too much time and effort to move your content-free posts to Hell,
so if your posts violate the SFWs, then they will continue to be summarily deleted.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

My posts don't violate the rules though. Not any more or less than anyone else.
Censorship isn't necessary
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:My posts don't violate the rules though. Not any more or less than anyone else.
Bollocks.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

They don't. Neither did endo's. Why you ran him out baffles me. He was a harmless fuzzball. Give free speech a try.
Censorship isn't necessary
Heracleum Persicum

Mr. Perfect wrote:.

They don't. Neither did endo's. Why you ran him out baffles me. He was a harmless fuzzball. Give free speech a try.

agree

Endo and Ibrahim were chased out by bullying .. a very big loss for this fora

Unfortunate

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:They don't. Neither did endo's. Why you ran him out baffles me. He was a harmless fuzzball. Give free speech a try.
You are serial violator of the SFWs.

Misdirection. However, no one "ran out Endo", he choose to leave.

Apparently, not having his opinions treated as revealed truth was what sent him over the edge. A trait you two have in common.

You are free to leave anytime.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:They don't. Neither did endo's. Why you ran him out baffles me. He was a harmless fuzzball. Give free speech a try.
You are serial violator of the SFWs.

Apparently, not having his opinions treated as revealed truth was what sent him over the edge. A trait you two have in common.

I like Mr. Perfect's posts.

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:

:D I don't know what private conversations you had with Endo, but I can agree that, that speculation is probable. Perhaps the same with Ibrahim.

Always fascinates me. Each of us, probably know less than a few thousand people on a first name basis. Yet we know so much about the vast numbers of people we have never met, based on those we have met.

Typhoon wrote:

Now you sound like most of the parents I knew as a child. Honest & direct. Feelings? Either learn to manage them or check em at the door. :D
Doc

Post by Doc »

I really want to complain. But I can't think of any the moment. CS How about a complaint suggestions box to help out poor souls like me? You guys need to be more inclusive. I am really feeling left out here.

:D
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote:I really want to complain. But I can't think of any the moment. CS How about a complaint suggestions box to help out poor souls like me? You guys need to be more inclusive. I am really feeling left out here.

:D
Doc,

Is the olden days, those responsible for our social development and maturation would suggest something along the lines of "Quit yer complaining, or I'll give you something to complain about!"

Makes me wonder if Typhoon really loves us.... :?

Here's a virtual dope slap coming at you, along with the timeless advice "Don't be an idiott!"

Feel better? ;)