On POTUS Trump | Pulling the Punditry

Parodite

Who fears Trump?

Post by Parodite »

I was not really aware of how emotional people were about the friggin horrifying possibility and now reality... of a POTUS Trump. Parents who have to tell their children that Trump won.. and then those kids start to cry. Even here in the Netherlands, a Dutch young woman during the morning rush hour on a train station was asked if she knew that Trump won... Her total disbelief followed by a moment of frozen despair, hard to hold back tears then quickly moving on. Stories of people feeling physically sick.

I'm trying to throw a line to Dr. Phil on this... but it keeps busy. Anyone?
Deep down I'm very superficial
Doc

Re: Who fears Trump?

Post by Doc »

Parodite wrote:I was not really aware of how emotional people were about the friggin horrifying possibility and now reality... of a POTUS Trump. Parents who have to tell their children that Trump won.. and then those kids start to cry. Even here in the Netherlands, a Dutch young woman during the morning rush hour on a train station was asked if she knew that Trump won... Her total disbelief followed by a moment of frozen despair, hard to hold back tears then quickly moving on. Stories of people feeling physically sick.

I'm trying to throw a line to Dr. Phil on this... but it keeps busy. Anyone?
Maybe they are just afraid they will lose their jobs if Trump wins

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/10/bo ... esign.html

Boss tells pro-Trump employees to resign
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

One thing I've learned from this US election is that a lot of people in the US skipped their civics class.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:One thing I've learned from this US election is that a lot of people in the US skipped their civics class.
Reality and facts stifle one's creative ability to projects one's inner fears and hopes onto strangers who are unaware of one's existence. Those with realistic discernment capabilities generally don't buy into the idea that behind every blade of grass is a boogey man, or that "the end is near," and therefore aren't constantly looking for saviors promising miracles.

Tough subjects to get herd together, and not easily lead or spooked.

Easier to govern herd animals than cats.

Selling yourself as a savior is very tough to those uncooperative souls who don't view themselves as victims.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Simple Minded wrote:
Typhoon wrote:One thing I've learned from this US election is that a lot of people in the US skipped their civics class.
Reality and facts stifle one's creative ability to projects one's inner fears and hopes onto strangers who are unaware of one's existence. Those with realistic discernment capabilities generally don't buy into the idea that behind every blade of grass is a boogey man, or that "the end is near," and therefore aren't constantly looking for saviors promising miracles.

Tough subjects to get herd together, and not easily lead or spooked.

Easier to govern herd animals than cats.

Selling yourself as a savior is very tough to those uncooperative souls who don't view themselves as victims.
You are making this way too complicated.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Leftists fear Trump. They fear that Trump will be an amazing success, like he has been with everything in his life. When he succeeds Trump will get 50% of the black vote and 50% of the latino vote, and they will lose 60-40 in 2020, if they actually run anyboydy.

They are the worms of Mordor and they wither in the sunlight.
Doc

Post by Doc »

The CEO is pretty young. Publicly traded company Possible law suits. Sounds like a career killing move. Actually kinda of similar to the Pullman car company. Pullman built a model company town. Not like the dumps the coal companies built in WV. Nice houses paved streets good schools for the workers children. The only problem was Mr. Pullman insisted that the only church the workers could go to was his. Which he built in the town as well. No other denomination allowed. The results were a unionized work force that was highly confrontational to Pullman. Work is work. Life outside being regulated by it is too much like slavery.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

The social justice Austrailians:

Tempers Flare at Sydney University Election Party
noddy

Post by noddy »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:The social justice Austrailians:

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/1 ... tion+Party

University Room full of people cheering for trump, no safe space required.

FTFY

they looked like engineering students to me, dont worry, im sure they have thrown all sorts of things at all sorts of people and would hardly care about this.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:

FTFY

they looked like engineering students to me, dont worry, im sure they have thrown all sorts of things at all sorts of people and would hardly care about this.
I thought it was too warm in Stralia for snowflakes to exist. One of those security guards looked like he had some Sumo blood in him. :)
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote:
noddy wrote:

FTFY

I thought it was too warm in Stralia for snowflakes to exist. One of those security guards looked like he had some Sumo blood in him. :)
we have plenty of snowflakes but they dont control the conversation so much.
ultracrepidarian
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

The protests will fade away, and people will focus on what he will actually do, try to do, what he will accomplish. As Typhoon said: we know what he says, let's see what he does. Personally I don't fear Trump at all. I'm sure he will not be able to always control himself when his vulnerable ego is hurt. But most likely only his blood pressure will go wild at times: the reality of being POTUS will tie him physically down. I don't rule out a heart attack.

People who fear he will become a Putin-light, for instance sue or try silence comedians, journalists who mock, criticize him.. don't understand reality. If Trump does go direction Putin and trespasses the first amendment he, and the GOP with him, will be cooked alive with a GOP finished the coming decades while the Democrats are cleaning up their act in the post-Clinton era.

Trump does not owe his (electoral) victory entirely to his own barking brilliance and the disenfranchised rural masses, it was given to him by a hapless disoriented and corrupt DNC and Clinton campaign team. Which brings me to the biggest sponsor of Trump during this election who tipped this election for him IMHO: Wikileaks. The GOP and Trump owe Wikileaks, Assange big time.

I will be brutally honest: if Trump does not "pardon" Assange, Snowden and the shemale guy now in prison... I will declare the GOP and Trump my enemy, focusing and directing my occult voodoo powers on their destruction (tm). Further more, the GOP is still full of principled morons and vested-interest career politicians who will make sure hard drugs will never be decriminalized and who are opposed to some of Trumps reasonable ideas like letting states decide on abortion instead of the USGVT. His good idea to let health insurance companies compete on state levels... is not very likely to succeed either, nor his New Ethics Plan because, if at all Trump fights for all his professed plans, there will be inter-GOP trade offs on these matters. His promises will water down to only a slight change of direction of the USA-Titanic. This is the best that can be hoped for. And it will calm the waters.

I finally reached Dr. Phil. As for the Trump-o-phobia he said that when all hopes were projected on Obama, all fears now moved to Trump. These hopes and fears are twins, they belong. This is all coming from PTSS rooted in US history. Racism, North-vs-South civil war. As with all phobias.. moving through those fears instead of avoiding them.. will cure them. POTUS Trump is actually the way, the gates of fear through which the USA will become sane again within 8 years. POTUS Trump is forced to behave more civilized in word and be more moderate in action which creates a big win-win for the USA: Either Trump behaves and will remembered as a POTUS who promised a lot but achieved only 30% of it like all POTUSes, or he will destroy himself in action with the GOP and the Democrats (with their immune system against corruption and foul play restored) carrying him solemnly to the dump to be forgotten, referenced together with the Clintons as the crooked ones that once plagued everybody. Footnotes of history.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Parodite wrote:The protests will fade away, and people will focus on what he will actually do, try to do, what he will accomplish. As Typhoon said: we know what he says, let's see what he does. Personally I don't fear Trump at all. I'm sure he will not be able to always control himself when his vulnerable ego is hurt. But most likely only his blood pressure will go wild at times: the reality of being POTUS will tie him physically down. I don't rule out a heart attack.

People who fear he will become a Putin-light, for instance sue or try silence comedians, journalists who mock, criticize him.. don't understand reality. If Trump does go direction Putin and trespasses the first amendment he, and the GOP with him, will be cooked alive with a GOP finished the coming decades while the Democrats are cleaning up their act in the post-Clinton era.

Trump does not owe his (electoral) victory entirely to his own barking brilliance and the disenfranchised rural masses, it was given to him by a hapless disoriented and corrupt DNC and Clinton campaign team. Which brings me to the biggest sponsor of Trump during this election who tipped this election for him IMHO: Wikileaks. The GOP and Trump owe Wikileaks, Assange big time.

I will be brutally honest: if Trump does not "pardon" Assange, Snowden and the shemale guy now in prison... I will declare the GOP and Trump my enemy, focusing and directing my occult voodoo powers on their destruction (tm). Further more, the GOP is still full of principled morons and vested-interest career politicians who will make sure hard drugs will never be decriminalized and who are opposed to some of Trumps reasonable ideas like letting states decide on abortion instead of the USGVT. His good idea to let health insurance companies compete on state levels... is not very likely to succeed either, nor his New Ethics Plan because, if at all Trump fights for all his professed plans, there will be inter-GOP trade offs on these matters. His promises will water down to only a slight change of direction of the USA-Titanic. This is the best that can be hoped for. And it will calm the waters.

I finally reached Dr. Phil. As for the Trump-o-phobia he said that when all hopes were projected on Obama, all fears now moved to Trump. These hopes and fears are twins, they belong. This is all coming from PTSS rooted in US history. Racism, North-vs-South civil war. As with all phobias.. moving through those fears instead of avoiding them.. will cure them. POTUS Trump is actually the way, the gates of fear through which the USA will become sane again within 8 years. POTUS Trump is forced to behave more civilized in word and be more moderate in action which creates a big win-win for the USA: Either Trump behaves and will remembered as a POTUS who promised a lot but achieved only 30% of it like all POTUSes, or he will destroy himself in action with the GOP and the Democrats (with their immune system against corruption and foul play restored) carrying him solemnly to the dump to be forgotten, referenced together with the Clintons as the crooked ones that once plagued everybody. Footnotes of history.
Well said Parodite. A few thoughts:
- Trump has now crossed the threshold from ideological candidate to administrator. Administrators are yugely constrained by reality.
- Trump lovers & haters remind me of Obama lovers and haters. All four groups belong to some weird "third world cult of personality" religion.
- Just a few short months ago, the official gate keepers of both conservatism and republicanism, claimed Trump was neither. If his unpopularity increases, the same gate-keepers will jettison him as quickly as the third world cult of personality types accepted him, and much more quickly than the Catholic Church abandoned pedophile priests.
- Whether he will be viewed as conservative, republican, white, 1%er, etc. will be determined solely by each individual observer. Which is more dependent on the observer, than upon Trump himself. Que Judy Collins and Clouds. Personally, I viewed him as a minority NYCer with orange skin. :lol:
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:
we have plenty of snowflakes but they dont control the conversation so much.
Same here. MSM tries to make everyone think they are a significant percentage of the population, which explains why the MSM has so little credibility. Other than the snowflakes themselves, few buy it. We're all oppressed minorities over here ya know!

Most of the country views it as the problem of the university or city in which it is occurring. Kinda like wimpy parents, when they get tired of appeasing them, they will deal with them. Till then, a lots of people think they (snowflakes and snowflake appeasers) are reaping what they have sown.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote:
Parodite wrote:The protests will fade away, and people will focus on what he will actually do, try to do, what he will accomplish. As Typhoon said: we know what he says, let's see what he does. Personally I don't fear Trump at all. I'm sure he will not be able to always control himself when his vulnerable ego is hurt. But most likely only his blood pressure will go wild at times: the reality of being POTUS will tie him physically down. I don't rule out a heart attack.

Well said Parodite. A few thoughts:
- Trump has now crossed the threshold from ideological candidate to administrator. Administrators are yugely constrained by reality.
- Trump lovers & haters remind me of Obama lovers and haters. All four groups belong to some weird "third world cult of personality" religion.
- Just a few short months ago, the official gate keepers of both conservatism and republicanism, claimed Trump was neither. If his unpopularity increases, the same gate-keepers will jettison him as quickly as the third world cult of personality types accepted him, and much more quickly than the Catholic Church abandoned pedophile priests.
- Whether he will be viewed as conservative, republican, white, 1%er, etc. will be determined solely by each individual observer. Which is more dependent on the observer, than upon Trump himself. Que Judy Collins and Clouds. Personally, I viewed him as a minority NYCer with orange skin. :lol:
Clearly that is the wrong narrative. Trump voters were just selfishness voting for their own interests in voting for Trump. The real cultists are those that voted for the establishment
Brecher

Post by Brecher »

It isn't just Trump, it's all three branches of government controlled by the same party. They can do what they want. No checks and balances. It will be rule by billionaires for billionaires. Russia circa 1998 could end up looking like a paradise for the common people in comparison.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Brecher wrote:
It isn't just Trump, it's all three branches of government controlled by the same party. They can do what they want. No checks and balances. It will be rule by billionaires for billionaires. Russia circa 1998 could end up looking like a paradise for the common people in comparison.
Its going to be great.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Lena Dunham:
Cw_DS9NUQAAZtXI.jpg
Cw_DS9NUQAAZtXI.jpg (126.14 KiB) Viewed 1085 times
Doc

Post by Doc »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Brecher wrote:
Its going to be great.
Hey with control of 34 states they can even amend the constitution !!! :lol:
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

That's been blowing my mind.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote:Lena Dunham:
Cw_DS9NUQAAZtXI.jpg
Priceless. As I have often said, POTUS is a magical deity to many.