Levitas

Tea is nought but this: first you heat the water, then you make the tea. Then you drink it properly.
Typhoon

Re: Levitas

Post by Typhoon »

:lol:

Wonder if the fx team had it in for the commentators.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

3acm7j9k_1w
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

That gave me the....... feels. My first dollfie was a birch log. My brother peeled the bark off her..... oh, the humanity...... :cry: .........
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

MMA vs Traditional Tai Chi:

V6RrxTBdJs4

Tai Chi "Master" pulls helicopter using his penis:

IPJfmSS4HWw

Conclusion.

In the fight with the MMA, the Tai Chi guy should have whipped out his penis and bitch slapped his opponent silly.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Dunno about that. The MMA guy had his rotor blades running.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Got to love the Irish ...

A painter by the name of Murphy, while not a brilliant scholar,

was a gifted portrait artist.

Over a short number of years, his fame grew and soon

people from all over Ireland were coming to the town

of Miltown Malbay, in County Clare, to get him

to paint their likenesses.

One day, a beautiful young English woman arrived

at his house in a stretch limo and asked if he

would paint her in the nude.

This being the first time anyone had made such a

request he was a bit perturbed, particularly when

the woman told him that money was no object;

in fact, and she was willing to pay up to £10,000.

Not wanting to get into any marital strife,

he asked her to wait while he went into the house

to confer with Mary, his wife. They talked much

about the Rightness and Wrongness of it.

It was hard to make the decision but finally

his wife agreed, on one condition.

In a few minutes he returned.

"T'would be me pleasure to paint yer portrait, missus,"

he said, "The wife says it's okay. "I'll paint you in the

nude all right; but I have to at least leave me socks on,

so I have a place to wipe me brushes."

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

FC0pT9xg1oI
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:FC0pT9xg1oI

and some worry about AGW....
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Wull.... why not? Damn,we are boring.....XP.......

She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

PSA published by the Strine Department of FOWF:

http://www.thebrofessional.net/things-a ... +Australia

er, uh, I mean the Strine Ministry of FOWF.

"Department of FOWF" sounds cold and bureaucratic, but "Ministry of FOWF" sounds helpful and caring. :P
noddy

Post by noddy »

if only our famed beasties had a higher success rate, curse you modern science.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:if only our famed beasties had a higher success rate, curse you modern science.
It's a worthwhile PR campaign. Maybe if you used modern science to cross breed Dingos with Sharks who breed like rabbits and are as cute and as harmless looking as Wombats? I think landbased, fast moving vicious predators whom people can't resist trying to pet may be a viable solution.

We keep publicizing racism, sexism, everything-o-phobia, 57 different genders, mosquitoes with zika, aids, AGW, white rural rednecks with guns, black urban rednecks with guns, religious freaks of all stripes, rats in NYC, and the dirty, smelly, furreigners just keep on coming....

How much must the Motherland suck for anyone to want to live in Merika?
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

XM8aBESf8EI
Deep down I'm very superficial
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Parodite wrote:XM8aBESf8EI
Must be a Strine parrot. One of my friends has an African grey. Wickedly smart, and anyone who thinks parrots don't understand language context, has never spent much time with one.

Finding f**king humans that f**king understand f**king context, that's a much rarer bird....
noddy

Post by noddy »

heh.

cockatoos are extremely smart critters, they live a long time (50-100 years) and can survive in arid areas with decade long droughts.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

19030429_10156179108378362_3123126002506687973_n.jpg
19030429_10156179108378362_3123126002506687973_n.jpg (112.42 KiB) Viewed 1505 times
Brecher

or should I file this under "Mathematics"

Post by Brecher »

I have seen some ultrafinitists go so far as to challenge the existence of 2100 as a natural number, in the sense of there being a series of “points” of that length. There is the obvious “draw the line” objection, asking where in 21, 22, 23, … , 2100 do we stop having “Platonistic reality”? Here this … is totally innocent, in that it can be easily be replaced by 100 items (names) separated by commas. I raised just this objection with the (extreme) ultrafinitist Yessenin-Volpin during a lecture of his. He asked me to be more specific. I then proceeded to start with 21 and asked him whether this is “real” or something to that effect. He virtually immediately said yes. Then I asked about 22, and he again said yes, but with a perceptible delay. Then 23, and yes, but with more delay. This continued for a couple of more times, till it was obvious how he was handling this objection. Sure, he was prepared to always answer yes, but he was going to take 2100 times as long to answer yes to 2100 then he would to answering 21. There is no way that I could get very far with this.

Harvey M. Friedman "Philosophical Problems in Logic"
Simple Minded

Re: or should I file this under "Mathematics"

Post by Simple Minded »

Brecher wrote:I have seen some ultrafinitists go so far as to challenge the existence of 2100 as a natural number, in the sense of there being a series of “points” of that length. There is the obvious “draw the line” objection, asking where in 21, 22, 23, … , 2100 do we stop having “Platonistic reality”? Here this … is totally innocent, in that it can be easily be replaced by 100 items (names) separated by commas. I raised just this objection with the (extreme) ultrafinitist Yessenin-Volpin during a lecture of his. He asked me to be more specific. I then proceeded to start with 21 and asked him whether this is “real” or something to that effect. He virtually immediately said yes. Then I asked about 22, and he again said yes, but with a perceptible delay. Then 23, and yes, but with more delay. This continued for a couple of more times, till it was obvious how he was handling this objection. Sure, he was prepared to always answer yes, but he was going to take 2100 times as long to answer yes to 2100 then he would to answering 21. There is no way that I could get very far with this.

Harvey M. Friedman "Philosophical Problems in Logic"
this is the right place, alright. natural numbers?

I'm pretty sure all numbers are human made constructs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultrafinitism some univerisities have far too much money at their disposal....
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Not everyone in America is xenophobic:

http://www.chron.com/life/article/Cypre ... 233481.php

My new morning affirmation. I say this to myself each morning 100 times before I get out of bed.

"I want to feel like the first lady that I know I am inside."
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

19397075_1685018448205098_733250148549735315_n.jpg
19397075_1685018448205098_733250148549735315_n.jpg (95.47 KiB) Viewed 1440 times
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

"To boldly go where no man has gone before."
19396753_1685044208202522_1284178083686987617_n.jpg
19396753_1685044208202522_1284178083686987617_n.jpg (51.8 KiB) Viewed 1439 times
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:That gave me the....... feels. My first dollfie was a birch log. My brother peeled the bark off her..... oh, the humanity...... :cry: .........