US Foreign Policy | Past and Present

Doc

After all these years seems the US isn't the great satan

Post by Doc »

https://www.ft.com/content/9ea5c5e0-7c5 ... da0bcbc928
Britain pressed US to join Iran coup against Mosaddegh
US State Department records confirm 1952 efforts to topple prime minister
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Re: US Foreign Policy | Past and Present

Post by Doc »

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-t ... SKBN1AQ2IW
Trump thanks Russia's Putin for slashing U.S. diplomatic staff
U.S. President Donald Trump speaks to reporters after a security briefing at his golf estate in Bedminster, New Jersey U.S.
August 10, 2017.Jonathan Ernst

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Thursday thanked Russian President Vladimir Putin for slashing the number of U.S. diplomatic staff in Russia, "because now we have a smaller payroll."

"I want to thank him because we're trying to cut down our payroll and as far as I'm concerned I'm very thankful that he let go of a large number of people," Trump told reporters at his golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey. "There's no real reason for them to go back."

Putin, reacting to new sanctions imposed by the U.S. Congress, on July 30 ordered Washington to cut 755 of its 1,200 embassy and consulate staff by September. Many of those affected are likely to be local Russian staffers. [nL5N1KM3ZT]
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Kissing up to his boss :lol: Putin and Russian mob money are the only reason Trump is still a rich man.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

No kidding. You are saying he is rich now. I wonder what changed.
Censorship isn't necessary
Doc

Re: After all these years seems the US isn't the great satan

Post by Doc »

Well probably not anyway

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/hilla ... le/2631195
Hillary Clinton's pastor compared her election loss to Jesus' death and resurrection
by Anna Giaritelli | Aug 10, 2017, 4:10 PM Hillary Clinton's pastor compared her election loss to Jesus' death and resurrection
by Anna Giaritelli | Aug 10, 2017, 4:10 PM
Typhoon

Re: After all these years seems the US isn't the great satan

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:Well probably not anyway

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/hilla ... le/2631195
Hillary Clinton's pastor compared her election loss to Jesus' death and resurrection
by Anna Giaritelli | Aug 10, 2017, 4:10 PM Hillary Clinton's pastor compared her election loss to Jesus' death and resurrection
by Anna Giaritelli | Aug 10, 2017, 4:10 PM
Hilary is political history. She's not the POTUS and has less than zero influence on US foreign policy
so this topic is better suited for "Political Levitas". :wink:
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

While the US is preoccupied with a hundred or so parochial protesters.

FT - Wilbur Ross | American genius is under attack from China
China has announced a “Made in China 2025” plan to dominate in the production of semiconductors, artificial intelligence, autonomous vehicles, biotechnology and every other high-tech industry likely to drive economic growth beyond 2025. The US, which remains the most innovative country in the world, stands firmly in China’s path.

But rather than building a globally competitive free market economy in order to compete, China has chosen instead to compel American companies that want to operate in China to turn over proprietary technology and intellectual property.
The Beijing government and Chinese companies also pursue an investment strategy whereby they identify US start-ups with scientific breakthroughs and then make investments in those companies on better-than-market terms. The primary consideration in this investment is not rate of return, but the capture of new technologies, which the Chinese then use for other purposes.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Iranian F-14 shoots down MIG-25

3BJ1cdMHzKM

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Afghanistan.

The longest war, declared or undeclared, in US history continues.
noddy

Post by noddy »

the longer it goes the more liberal democracy is droned into them
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:.

Afghanistan.

The longest war, declared or undeclared, in US history continues.

World’s Heroin Supplier
After 16 Years of US War

How can Afghanistan grow all that Opium (under US nose) and America say nothing ? ? ?

Heracleum Persicum

Re: Trump loses!

In 1940's , when Germans were gazing Polish Jews, Iran let in 115,000 Polish jews, mainly children into Iran .. @ that time, Iranian population
was around 15 m, that means 10% of Iranian population became Polish Jewish woman and children .. this is their story

u3z1K9K8TZA
350 Polish refugees leave Tehran for Palestine at the Tehran railroad station. Train at the platform. People bustle on the platform. People bid farewell to their departing friends and relatives from train windows. Notice boards written in Persian language at the railroad platform. A soldier talks to women sitting in one of the wagons from train windows. Location: Tehran Iran. Date: March 27, 1944.

j7139b045cw
ry5ERzEOU5c
gEa_X1BBNYg

Consider, that was when you guys had Évian Conference and no one accepting any Jewish refugee , Iran took 115,000 Polish jewish woman and children , equivalent to 10% of Iran's population

Last edited by Heracleum Persicum on Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Yes, Democrats have long history, anti semite. Thankfully trump has Jews in own family.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

Consider, that was when you guys had Évian Conference and no one accepting any Jewish refugee , Iran took 115,000 Polish jewish woman and children , equivalent to 1% of Iran's population

HP,

what is this weird obsession you have with group identity... that lasts for millennia? Evian conference occurred prior to my birth... much as I tried to influence the process........it's kinda hard for me to feel guilty about the outcome.... ;)

But back to more important criteria of determining what is good vs. what is evil. How many Polish Jewish refugees currently live in your house? :P
Last edited by Simple Minded on Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:after the war all the iranian jews migrated to the english speaking countries - america, canada and australia and lived happily ever after
The ones living in the Iranian part of the Canadian Rocky Mountains seem to be the happiest...
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

They lied to you, obama deal NOT a treaty, US not bound by it in any way. Said so at the time. You bin tricked.
Heracleum Persicum

fH3RTrXIwq4
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

The one's in Canada or the one's in Iran? ;)
Heracleum Persicum

Simple Minded wrote:.

The one's in Canada or the one's in Iran? ;)

Poor American Joe

Seems, BiBi gave another guaranty to US (after Iraq guaranty) .. looks like Israel and US will start swinging in Lebanon and Syria .. clash will be there

Putin arriving in Tehran 1st November.

"Unintended Consequences", here we come

Heracleum Persicum

Mr. Perfect wrote:

They lied to you, obama deal NOT a treaty, US not bound by it in any way. Said so at the time. You bin tricked.

Iranian nuke deal is a "UN-security council RESOLUTION" that US voted YES .. this much more potent than a treaty ..

UN resolutions are binding, not respecting it results in "sanctions" .. US could be "sanctioned"

Legal Effects of Resolutions of the UN Security Council

But, the biggest damage would be to American reputation as a reliable negotiation partner .. world could say, why negotiate with US when next administration does not respects it .. next president could cancel all what Trump did .. looks like US already in a sort of "COLD civil war" .. Trump has now introduced a new behaviour to US presidency, cancel all what the guy B4 enacted.

Putin laughing

Heracleum Persicum

Russia’s S-400 anti-missile/aircraft system
A game changer with its ability to use ultra-fast long- and short-range missiles

But the S-400 is the real game changer. The reason is the multiple intercept missiles the S-400 system can fire. The S-400 supports four different missiles – the very long range 40N6E-series (400 km), the long range 48N6 (250 km), the 9M96e2 (120 km) and the short range 9m96e (40 km). By comparison the US Patriot system supports only one interceptor missile with a range of 96 km.

But there is more. The 9M96E2 is one of the jewels of the S-400 system. It flies at Mach 15 (around 5,000 meters per second or 18,500 kph), it can engage targets as low as 5 meters off the ground, and it can maneuver pulling up to 20 Gs (a human can withstand no more than 9 Gs with special pressure suits and helmets and for only a few seconds). It is designed to knock out penetrating aircraft and missiles flying “off the deck” or just above ground and neutralize cruise missiles.

Dr. Carlo Kopp, one of the world’s top aerospace experts, says the S-400 has optional acquisition radars designed to defeat modern stealth aircraft such as the F-22 and the F-35. They work by operating in multiple frequency bands including both VHF and L bands that can “see” stealth-protected fighters.

Stealth designs have been built on low-detection by X-band radars, the most common military and civilian radars (others such as C-band – now known as the G/H band – are less prevalent). The F-35 has stealth protection mainly in the front of the aircraft, meaning that when it turns away from its target it is vulnerable. In time, the entire air defense system of the US and its allies, all based primarily on X band, will become obsolete as China and Russia move toward stealth aircraft and missiles.