US Foreign Policy | Past and Present

Heracleum Persicum

Re: Trump loses!

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

America's Traditional Allies Condemn Its Policy

Iran has "isolated" America.

Former US Vice President Joe Biden said Trump's decision will "isolate" the US and "goes against reason and evidence."

"Unilaterally putting the deal at risk does not isolate Iran," Biden said in a statement posted on Facebook. "It isolates us."

"This decision will cost us leverage. It will weaken our unity with our allies. It will damage our credibility," Biden said in the extensive post.

Defense Secretary James Mattis said at a Senate Armed Forces committee hearing this month that remaining in the Iran nuclear deal is in the best interest of US national security, something Biden cited in his post.
Heracleum Persicum

Heracleum Persicum

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/18/us-want ... -says.html
China's rise is spurring the US to 'dramatically' strengthen ties with India, Tillerson says

U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said before a visit to India next week that the Trump administration wanted to "dramatically deepen" cooperation with New Delhi, seeing it as a key partner in the face of negative Chinese influence in Asia.

Why antagonism with China ? ? China was the victim last few 100 yrs

India ! ! ! ! .. :lol: .. come on

Heracleum Persicum

rewnmp5sJNc
Typhoon

Re: US Foreign Policy | Past and Present

Post by Typhoon »

Reason | Dying for the Empire
Predictably, the news media spent most of last week examining words Donald Trump may or may not have spoken to the widow of an American Green Beret killed in Niger, in northwest Africa, in early October. Not only was this coverage tedious, it was largely pointless. We know Trump is a clumsy boor, and we also know that lots of people are ready to pounce on him for any sort of gaffe, real or imagined. Who cares? It's not news.

But it was useful to those who wish to distract Americans from what really needs attention: the U.S. government's perpetual war.
We have always been at war with Middleeastasia.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Major General (res.) Yaacov Amidror
National Security Advisor to Prime Minister Netanyahu
chairman of the Israel National Security Council
Iran in Multi-Dimensional Scrutiny

The Autor

Iran is a country on the march both internally and externally. It is the great winner of the war in Syria (as is Russia, the senior member of the winning coalition). And now it wants to realize the next move that is intended to enable it to establish a land corridor to the Mediterranean Sea and to build a permanent base on its shores, for both its air force and navy.

After Iran integrates these achievements (should they be realized), and despite its internal weaknesses, the time will come to proceed full speed, towards the end of the nuclear agreement, to the building of a nuclear umbrella. This umbrella will enable Iran to accelerate its standing as a regional superpower, and to ensure the continued existence of the current regime.

From Israel’s perspective, there is a clear connection between Iran’s support for Hezbollah – as an organization whose conventional capabilities are supposed to deter Israel that is under the threat of more than 100,000 missiles and rockets – and Iran’s continued building of its nuclear power. In the future, Hezbollah is meant to operate freely against Israel under protection of an Iranian nuclear umbrella.

It’s not clear how the US intends to stymie Iranian hegemonic ambitions and its drive for nuclear weaponry, despite the declarations of the US president in this regard. Nor is clear how the US plans to work with regional actors to this end. How the US acts in this grave matter is of the utmost long-term significance.

The autor is high official policy maker in Israel, this his take of situation.

Not clear why confront our beloved Persia ! ! !

Last 70 yrs, did Sunni Arab world provide a progressive ME for ME inhabitants ? ? definitely not

Lets try next 70 yrs with ME under Persian umbrella :D .. last time, 1000 yrs under that umbrella was "Golden Age" of all that space, specially for our beloved Israel. :lol:

Last edited by Heracleum Persicum on Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mystery links are not appreciated.

Please provide the source of the article, the title, and a one paragraph excerpt.
Consider it a courtesy to your fellow board members and proper citation form.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

The Houthi fighters are tougher than you think
they not Persian proxies ---yet.

There is running joke in Yemen that casts Saudi crown prince Muhammad bin Salman as an Iranian secret agent. This is because almost everything he has done in the last three years has aided—rather than hurt—Iranian interests. Chief among these is the young prince’s disastrous war in Yemen. Ironically, the brutal war is in danger of creating what Saudi Arabia fears most: a determined and capable Iranian influenced proto-state like Hezbollah on its southern border.

The Houthis are admired in Yemen for one thing: their tenacity and courage as fighters. Beyond this, their popularity in northwest Yemen is limited and will wane without the persistent threat of Saudi Arabia and its motely mix of proxy forces. This is not to say that the Houthis will not continue to be a force in Yemen. They will. The Houthis will be a part of any political solution in Yemen and some of their leaders will demand at the very least token positions within any future Yemeni government. There is nothing Saudi Arabia can do to stop this. However, by ending its war in Yemen, Saudi Arabia can prevent the Houthis from becoming another Hezbollah.

If the war continues in Yemen, the Houthis—who are currently not Iranian proxies—may well seek out closer ties with both Iran and Hezbollah. Given the fact that the war is draining Saudi Arabia’s treasury and taking a toll on its already ineffective armed forces, the Iranians will likely oblige. Aiding the Houthis and their allies will be an extremely cost effective way for Iran to counter Saudi Arabia’s own attempts to arm and train a host of militant Salafist forces across the Middle East. The difference, however, is that the Houthis are highly capable and becoming more so by the month.

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Reuters | Trump recognizes Jerusalem as Israel's capital

Indifferent to this issue, but when pundits and other supposed experts claim that this recognition will "have negative repercussions to the Middle East peace process", I have to wonder, "What Muddled East peace process?".

A temporary lull in seven decades of hostilities is not a peace process.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:Reuters | Trump recognizes Jerusalem as Israel's capital

Indifferent to this issue, but when pundits and other supposed experts claim that this recognition will "have negative repercussions to the Middle East peace process", I have to wonder, "What Muddled East peace process?".

A temporary lull in seven decades of hostilities is not a peace process.
Yep. For more than a couple decades I have noted that whenever POTI wish to distract the MSM/public foci from some issue that is not going well "the Middle East peace process" suddenly become the topic of conversation du jour...... probably just coincidence..

IIRC, prior to climate change, everyone one in the ME got along just fine.
Heracleum Persicum

mad mullahs just won "Powerball jackpot"

Trump hates to be a “loser.”

Folks, ground is shifting .. Trump, like all his predecessors, helping Iran

Heracleum Persicum

JmrfbmcN0pI
Heracleum Persicum

PBS

8d9yWsw1jvc

Heracleum Persicum

The New Boss
:lol:

11TeNHYnPSo

Heracleum Persicum

http://www.atimes.com/turkey-switches-f ... courtship/
His intent is to shake off US hegemony, which he can do better while inside the NATO tent. He is in turn taunting, provoking, snubbing, defying and – worse still –ridiculing US regional strategies.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

His intent is to shake off US hegemony, which he can do better while inside the NATO tent. He is in turn taunting, provoking, snubbing, defying and – worse still –ridiculing US regional strategies.
Erodogan is undoing all the achievements of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk.
All this assbeatery won Kemal quite a bit of street cred among the Turks (being your peoples' version of George Washington will do that to a guy), and in 1923 he was elected the first President of a Democratic Turkey. He abolished the Sultanate forever, set up a secular, non-religious-affiliated democracy, and brought 300 years of modernization to his country in the span of about 10 years. He made sweeping legal changes, instituted mandatory education, and abolished laws that denied freedom and equality to women.
Another country rushing away from modernity and civilization back into the past.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:
Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

Erodogan is undoing all the achievements of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk.
All this assbeatery won Kemal quite a bit of street cred among the Turks (being your peoples' version of George Washington will do that to a guy), and in 1923 he was elected the first President of a Democratic Turkey. He abolished the Sultanate forever, set up a secular, non-religious-affiliated democracy, and brought 300 years of modernization to his country in the span of about 10 years. He made sweeping legal changes, instituted mandatory education, and abolished laws that denied freedom and equality to women.
Another country rushing away from modernity and civilization back into the past.

True , Qaddafi was going back to past, west bombed Libya back to "modernity", Assad too was taking Syria back to past, western Wahhabi "freedom fighters" had to behead Christians to take back Syria to modernity .. Mohammed Ben Sultan's modernity, woman can bicycle now :lol:

Time to stop "shoe-shining" the west, time back to truth and reality.

Kamal Pasha was an "idi*t", socially illiterate .. he did not understood you can not wipe out the influence of religion by inviting all the mad mullahs on a boat and sinking the boat .. this things must come from "social evolution" leading to Cultural evolution, during generations, like it happened in Europe and like it is happening now in America, where men (thinking they woman) want to shower with girls are in war with men who think G_D's laws over men's law.

Doc

Post by Doc »

"The world's greatest intelligence service"

itAVYCiJ43g
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

http://www.atimes.com/trumps-grandstand ... d-tragedy/

The US no longer has the capacity to enforce its will, as the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and Yemen show. The Houthis defiantly fired a ballistic missile on Tuesday at the royal palace in Riyadh while King Salman was holding a meeting.

The power to dictate that gave traction to Pax Americana has dissipated. That is where the danger lies. If the US tries to dominate, it could trigger tragic consequences. Peskov is spot-on.

But the real danger lies elsewhere. The NSS signals that the US could broaden its use of nuclear weapons as part of its new security strategy. The document says: “While nuclear deterrence strategies cannot prevent all conflict, they are essential to prevent nuclear attack, non-nuclear strategic attacks, and large-scale conventional aggression.”

This is the first time that any US administration has said that “non-nuclear strategic attacks” represent a category of threat that the US may use nuclear weapons to counter. The shift certainly anticipates the US’ Nuclear Posture Review, expected in the next few weeks.
noddy

Post by noddy »

you have to remember that all the rhetoric, all the theories, all the mind numbing crap we have listened to over the last few decades about open trade and free movement has been destroyed by the succesful rise of china who ignored every damn bit of it.

dogma only works until it doesnt.
ultracrepidarian