Trump, the stable genius?

Parodite

Trump, the stable genius?

Post by Parodite »

Trump, the crazy child not fit for office. Trump the directionally correct president who sometimes sacrifices facts to get the results he wants. Trump the stable genius who operates on instinct where only one thing matters: winning. According to Scott Adams a Master in Persuasion.

The only agreement seems the agreement to disagree on who and what is Trump.

The latest controversy after Steve Bannon where those who want to bite the Orange Pill seem to experience immanent death is now daca as part of immigration reform. I watched the bipartisan meeting, that made Ann Coulter go into a fit and Ben Shapiro nod his head in dismay. But I think Trump showed his genius.

fc5tIKFDy1s

What I have not read about yet, maybe somebody somewhere mentioned it, but the genius move here seems to me the fact that he had it recorded on tape and made it available to the public at this moment; two months before daca ends. Why would he want that to happen? He loves transparency? Maybe. But he certainly loves and chooses transparency when it serves him. He collected evidence and have it on tape. He checkmated the whole room with only one possible outcome: a win for Trump if he "wins": the democrats get daca but he gets his (partial) wall and other border security improvements, but also a win if he "loses": he then can blame the democrats and republicans asked to make a deal but failed him and a large majority of the American people who want to save the daca dreamers and also want better border security with more wall.

He creates a contradiction in the end by saying he will just sign anything they come up with, but he also said that no wall is not an option. Which translates to me as informing his republicans that if they negotiate out any wall there will never be a deal. In that sense he was alo clear to the democrats: I will sign for saving the daca dreamers if you give me some wall in return. I am even so blindly confident that you will do that, that I would sign "whatever you come up with" blindly. Because you are all great people. :D

If that phase 1 compromise is achieved, that itself is another big win for SG Trump. After phase 2, where chain immigration, legal loopholes are negotiated out and immigration goes on merit as in Canada en Australia, he has another huge prize added to his list.

He cornered the democrats here, there is no win in it for them. They can only choose for the least damaging option which seems to be to give Trump some of his wall in exchange for Trump willing to save the daca dreamers. But since the democrats and their corporate media outlets seem at a total loss of how to win, or do effective damage control against SG Trump, I would not be too surprised if they cant help themselves and sabotage this latest bipartisan effort where they loose even more and Trump escapes without pain.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Doc

Re: Trump, the stable genius?

Post by Doc »

Parodite wrote:Trump, the crazy child not fit for office. Trump the directionally correct president who sometimes sacrifices facts to get the results he wants. Trump the stable genius who operates on instinct where only one thing matters: winning. According to Scott Adams a Master in Persuasion.

The latest controversy after Steve Bannon where those who want to bite the Orange Pill seem to experience immanent death is now daca as part of immigration reform. I watched the bipartisan meeting, that made Ann Coulter go into a fit and Ben Shapiro nod his head in dismay. But I think Trump showed his genius.

fc5tIKFDy1s

What I have not read about yet, maybe somebody somewhere mentioned it, but the genius move here seems to me the fact that he had it recorded on tape and made it available to the public at this moment; two months before daca ends. Why would he want that to happen? He loves transparency? Maybe. But he certainly loves and chooses transparency when it serves him. He collected evidence and have it on tape. He checkmated the whole room with only one possible outcome: a win for Trump if he "wins": the democrats get daca but he gets his (partial) wall and other border security improvements, but also a win if he "loses": he then can blame the democrats and republicans asked to make a deal but failed him and a large majority of the American people who want to save the daca dreamers and also want better border security with more wall.

He creates a contradiction in the end by saying he will just sign anything they come up with, but he also said that no wall is not an option. Which translates to me as informing his republicans that if they negotiate out any wall there will never be a deal. In that sense he was alo clear to the democrats: I will sign for saving the daca dreamers if you give me some wall in return. I am even so blindly confident that you will do that, that I would sign "whatever you come up with" blindly. Because you are all great people. :D

If that phase 1 compromise is achieved, that itself is another big win for SG Trump. After phase 2, where chain immigration, legal loopholes are negotiated out and immigration goes on merit as in Canada en Australia, he has another huge prize added to his list.

He cornered the democrats here, there is no win in it for them. They can only choose for the least damaging option which seems to be to give Trump some of his wall in exchange for Trump willing to save the daca dreamers. But since the democrats and their corporate media outlets seem at a total loss of how to win, or do effective damage control against SG Trump, I would not be too surprised if they cant help themselves and sabotage this latest bipartisan effort where they loose even more and Trump escapes without pain.
And the part where Trump said more or less "Make the deal and I'll take the "heat"" :lol:
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Parodite wrote:Trump, the crazy child not fit for office. Trump the directionally correct president who sometimes sacrifices facts to get the results he wants. Trump the stable genius who operates on instinct where only one thing matters: winning. According to Scott Adams a Master in Persuasion.

fc5tIKFDy1s

this is exactly what I meant when I said that OTNOT is a portal into the multiverse. Parodite is Rush Limbaugh in the multiverse. At least he is today, unless due to time zone differences he wrote this yesterday..... and if time is linear out there. What with Greater Persia existing in both the past and the future but not the present, I'm getting a bit confused.....

Pssst, Parodite, if you can be Oprah in 2020, it'll be a hell of a lot of fun.

If Trump had a PR guy like me, he would have advised him to tweet "I'm a Stable Genius with Great Hair!"
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

This is classic Trump. Unlike most of the MSM, I have been following him since the 80's. His deal making is always the same and always works. He takes the most outrageous and unreasonable position possible in a bellicose fashion, and then gives a little back to close the deal. High percentage tactics.

It's sounds like he made a list of everything he campaigned for to put in this bill and is only giving the Democrats DACA while he gets everything else. Dealmaking, this is a solid A and classic Trump and he even wrote a book on it. He actually tells people how he does it and still wins.

Politically it's only a B or B+. Trump could have gotten everything he wanted through attrition, the DACA executive order fades, simply increase ICE funding an operations and put up impressive deportation and border stoppage numbers. What this shows me is he still isn't a clever legislator.

But I will take. Ann Coulter will be pissed but the enormous upside for Trump is that this take a huge gust away from the sails in terms of racism. The racist Trump amestized children.

So politically a net positive, even though I am against DACA.

Stable genius? Yes.
Censorship isn't necessary
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

SM, OK. I'll be Oprah in 2020 and do a trans-racial in mid air where time hangs suspended. The undecided voter has the future but not the past! You won't recognize me either. :P Don't rush to limbo.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Parodite wrote:SM, OK. I'll be Oprah in 2020 and do a trans-racial in mid air where time hangs suspended. The undecided voter has the future but not the past! You won't recognize me either. :P Don't rush to limbo.
:lol:

My hero! If you listen to Rush Limbaugh's commentary of the last couple days, regarding Trump televised meeting, he sounds like you, or you sound like him, depending upon whether time is linear on both sides of the Atlantic... at the same time. Which is, of course, possible, but totally unprovable.

We need to work out a secret virtual handshake now, to enable "us" to recognize both "us" and "them" in the future.

I support the you that I have imagined into existence 110%.

Rather than "Change you can believe in" how about "A future you can imagine!" as a campaign slogan?

I must be getting smarter every day, rather than not understanding string theory anymore, I am now(?) a master of it, and wield it like an axe. ;)
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Simple Minded wrote:
Parodite wrote:SM, OK. I'll be Oprah in 2020 and do a trans-racial in mid air where time hangs suspended. The undecided voter has the future but not the past! You won't recognize me either. :P Don't rush to limbo.

My hero! If you listen to Rush Limbaugh's commentary of the last couple days, regarding Trump televised meeting, he sounds like you, or you sound like him, depending upon whether time is linear on both sides of the Atlantic... at the same time. Which is, of course, possible, but totally unprovable.

We need to work out a secret virtual handshake now, to enable "us" to recognize both "us" and "them" in the future.

I support the you that I have imagined into existence 110%.

Rather than "Change you can believe in" how about "A future you can imagine!" as a campaign slogan?

I must be getting smarter every day, rather than not understanding string theory anymore, I am now(?) a master of it, and wield it like an axe. ;)
It feels we are on track SM! :P

Know the name Rush L.. but never heard anything from this giant so I listened to a radio podcast about this daca stunt by Trumpki. I think his biggest talent it to just keep talking. There must to be things he is repeating given the amount of sentences he is able to produce, but somehow you don't notice it while listening. A befriended artist couple I lost contact with, he a sculpturer and she a painter, we could sit hours talking and consume diverse booz but afterwards I had no idea what it was we talked about. That was not just the booz!
YMix

Post by YMix »

Reason I canceled my trip to London is that I am not a big fan of the Obama Administration having sold perhaps the best located and finest embassy in London for “peanuts,” only to build a new one in an off location for 1.2 billion dollars. Bad deal. Wanted me to cut ribbon-NO!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 9341737986

This is the kind of lie that grade school kids tell. I assume he doesn't even understand how ridiculous it sounds.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

YMix wrote:
Reason I canceled my trip to London is that I am not a big fan of the Obama Administration having sold perhaps the best located and finest embassy in London for “peanuts,” only to build a new one in an off location for 1.2 billion dollars. Bad deal. Wanted me to cut ribbon-NO!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 9341737986

This is the kind of lie that grade school kids tell. I assume he doesn't even understand how ridiculous it sounds.
Probably a lie, but at least it diverts to something that might be a legitimate concern.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Love this latest bleep-hole controversy :D

Shapiro and Adams nail it though (and there is more according to Dr. Phil):

Scott Adams periscope

Of Trump, Racism, And S***holes | The Ben Shapiro Show Ep. 452

Dr. Phil has a surprising view on this. He argues that Trump is a living Rorschach phenomenon which helps the USA to see itself in raw form when the red and blue free wrestlers smack each other up and down the canvas. Everything that was neatly covered under the rug is propelled back into the air. But the dust will settle again, at least till the next controversy gets air born, no issue can be ignored anymore, while everybody is watching and cheer leading their blue or red hero.

I think all this is good also for DACA. It forces the discussion to intensify and help bring back the focus on what Mericans really want re immigration/immigration reform. But first you need a big mess to reshuffle brain cells with new neural pathways carved into the bigger culture. The USA is re-inventing itself again.

Trump clearly loves the heat of outrage and controversy. He confessed as much in the open and bipartisan daca meating. I think he got tired of all this friendly transparent daca softness and needed a shot right after the meeting. Which is what he did starting to talk about bleep hole countries like Haiti. Behind closed doors...but with Democrats in the room. Of course he knew.. he wanted them to hear it! He is addicted to the rush and wanted to be leaked.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Reuter

“Of course people from #Norway would love to move to a country where people are far more likely to be shot, live in poverty, get no healthcare because they’re poor, get no paid parental leave or subsidized daycare and see fewer women in political power. #Shithole”

Before the “shithole” controversy, former Swedish Prime Minister Carl Bildt tweeted that, judging by Solberg’s visit, “keys to success with Trump is personal charm, a solid trade deficit with the U.S. and buying tons of U.S. military hardware.”
Heracleum Persicum

U.S. ambassador to Panama resigns,
says cannot serve Trump

Others may follow

Le't see how the Punjabi lady Nimrata Randhawa reacts :lol:

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Parodite wrote:Love this latest bleep-hole controversy :D

Scott Adams periscope

Dr. Phil has a surprising view on this. He argues that Trump is a living Rorschach phenomenon which helps the USA to see itself in raw form when the red and blue free wrestlers smack each other up and down the canvas. Everything that was neatly covered under the rug is propelled back into the air. But the dust will settle again, at least till the next controversy gets air born, no issue can be ignored anymore, while everybody is watching and cheer leading their blue or red hero.

I think all this is good also for DACA. It forces the discussion to intensify and help bring back the focus on what Mericans really want re immigration/immigration reform. But first you need a big mess to reshuffle brain cells with new neural pathways carved into the bigger culture. The USA is re-inventing itself again.

Trump clearly loves the heat of outrage and controversy. He confessed as much in the open and bipartisan daca meating. I think he got tired of all this friendly transparent daca softness and needed a shot right after the meeting. Which is what he did starting to talk about bleep hole countries like Haiti. Behind closed doors...but with Democrats in the room. Of course he knew.. he wanted them to hear it! He is addicted to the rush and wanted to be leaked.
You are sounding like Limbaugh again.

Limbaugh is hard to take except in small doses, but nobody, nobody plays the Merikan MSM for fools like Rush. Sometimes, he even announces in the first hour, that he is going to bait them in the third hour, and at the same time predicts how they will intentionally misconstrue his tactic. Then a few days later, he replays the segment from the first hour, the predictions of their reactions, the bait from the third hour, and then them unknowingly parroting his predictions of their responses. Amazing to behold.

Not very hard to agree with Dr. Phil here. Most MSM coverage, and for that matter, civilian interpretation of POTI is pure projection. Always has been. But without access to POTI data, what would you expect? Race is the only important measure..... if one is a racist!

Adams and Shapiro are impressive thinkers. Looking forward to their latest opinions.

Trump is crude and bombastic, and much of his results may be unintentional, but I think the sunlight is a good thing. Important discussions that have been viewed as impolite, and therefore shelved for decades, are starting to emerge. Unfortunately, few in DC seem to be able to address the cost of stupid policy articulately. Cost would be a good place to start, numbers are bi-partisan.

Why not take in immigrants from first world countries (who are known quantities) rather than third world countries (who are unknown quantities)? Why not have a racist immigration policy that ignores race completely, and focuses only on what potential talents and abilities each individual applicant is going to bring to the table? Yesterday I talked to a friend from the UK who retired from their social services sector. She went on extensively on why the NHS is going bankrupt. Luckily for her she's a Brit, if she was American, she'd be considered racist.

Immigration application and acceptance criteria should be virtually identical to a job application process.

Fascinating times!
Heracleum Persicum

Folks this really snowballin

New York Times
Wall Street Journal

Porn Star Who Claimed Encounter With Trump Received Hush Money

A lawyer for President Trump orchestrated a $130,000 payment to a pornographic-film actress in October 2016 to prevent her from going public with claims of a consensual sexual encounter with Mr. Trump, The Wall Street Journal reported on Friday.

The reported payment came shortly before the presidential election and as the actress, Stephanie Clifford, 38, was discussing sharing her account with ABC’s “Good Morning America” and the online magazine Slate, according to interviews, notes and text messages reviewed by The New York Times.

Stephanie Clifford at a Trump Vodka launch party.jpg
Stephanie Clifford at a Trump Vodka launch party.jpg (41.86 KiB) Viewed 618 times

Jacob Weisberg, editor-in-chief of the Slate Group, said on Friday that in a series of interviews with Ms. Clifford in August and October 2016, she told him she had an affair with Mr. Trump after meeting him at a 2006 celebrity golf tournament. She told him that Michael D. Cohen, a lawyer for Mr. Trump, had agreed during the presidential campaign to pay her the $130,000 if she kept the relationship secret, Mr. Weisberg said, adding that Ms. Clifford had told him she was tempted to go public because the lawyer was late in making the payment and she feared he might back out of their agreement.

Pfui :lol:

Doc

Post by Doc »

Another Fake News story by the MSM:

DTXxm7dVAAAY_F7.jpg
DTXxm7dVAAAY_F7.jpg (30.36 KiB) Viewed 615 times
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

HP, as the Persian genius that you are, you will understand that this thread was not created to just dump more gossip on Trump.
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:Another Fake News story by the MSM:

DTXxm7dVAAAY_F7.jpg

"discretion" key in that job .. called "professionalism"

WSJ no "tabloid"

Parodite wrote:

HP, as the Persian genius that you are, you will understand that this thread was not created to just dump more gossip on Trump.

You saying WSJ and NYT rubbish media ? ?

This from WSJ, owned by Murdoch, close friend of Trump.

WSJ would not print it if not true.

Am sure the story is true and she is lying to protect Trump and money she got

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Doc wrote:Another Fake News story by the MSM:

DTXxm7dVAAAY_F7.jpg

"discretion" key in that job .. called "professionalism"

WSJ no "tabloid"

Parodite wrote:

You saying WSJ and NYT rubbish media ? ?

This from WSJ, owned by Murdoch, close friend of Trump.

WSJ would not print it if not true.

Am sure the story is true and she is lying to protect Trump and money she got

A lot of speculation and hip hopping dots in the sky. Totally irrelevant to the subject of this thread.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

A milder take on Fire and Fury by Sargon of Akkad

36VrAqkt_zQ
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Parodite wrote:Love this latest bleep-hole controversy :D

Scott Adams periscope

Listening to Scott Adams, I am struck by how none in DC seem to be able to match his intelligence and analytic abilities. but then, the same can be said that many taking heads have similar superior capabilities to our DC elites.

To date, Trump is the only pol I have ever heard to suggest that we copy Canada's and Australia's method of merit based immigration. Amen. Eliminate nationality and race from any consideration whatsoever. That fact that none in DC are echoing this sentiment is evidence that this still is not an issue any in DC want to take seriously.

More fun to wrestle with dragons and posture for the MSM, than to implement effective administration.
Heracleum Persicum

NYT
The Definitive List

Here, we have attempted to compile a definitive list of his racist comments – or at least the publicly known ones.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NYT
The Definitive List

Here, we have attempted to compile a definitive list of his racist comments – or at least the publicly known ones.
As always, racism like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. To some, race is the most important standard of measure, they are of course, by definition, racists.

NYT staff is full of racists. They see only the mote in the eye of others, not the beam in their own eyes.

Hopefully, the NYT is compiling a Nazi list of comments as we speak.
Heracleum Persicum

Simple Minded wrote:.
As always, racism like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. To some, race is the most important standard of measure, they are of course, by definition, racists.

SM, "racism" is not the fact that different races exist .. sure there African, Caucasian, Chinese etc races and all the rest

Racist is the one who "looks down to the other race", saying his race better .. that is the acid test and "yardstick" for a racist.

Five Decades of White Backlash
President Trump is the embodiment of over 50 years of resistance to the policies Martin Luther King Jr. fought to enact.

On April 4, 1968, Martin Luther King, Jr., was assassinated. In response, a week later President Lyndon B. Johnson scrambled to sign into law the Fair Housing Act, a final major civil-rights bill that had languished for years under the strain of white backlash to the civil-rights movement.

Five years later a New York developer and his son—then only a few years out of college—became two of the first targets of a massive Department of Justice probe for an alleged violation of that landmark act. After a protracted, bitter lawsuit, facing a mountain of allegations that the two had engaged in segregating units and denying applications of black and Puerto Rican applicants, in 1975 Trump Management settled with the federal government and accepted the terms of a consent decree prohibiting discrimination.

So entered Donald Trump onto the American stage.

You can run, but you can't hide :lol: :lol:

Simple Minded wrote:.
Hopefully, the NYT is compiling a Nazi list of comments as we speak.

News flash :
We’re already there.

Disaster ahead

Heracleum Persicum

A Linguistic Guide to
Scatological Insults

It’s not dying
but alarm bells are ringing.

In late 2016, shortly after the U.S. presidential election, two Harvard political scientists posed a bleak question in The New York Times:“ Is Donald Trump a Threat to Democracy ? ” Now they’re out with an even more bleakly titled book — How Democracies Die — that seeks to answer that question by drawing on a year’s worth of evidence.

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

NYT
The Definitive List

Where are the racist comments.
Censorship isn't necessary