Why don't we have a Health Tips thread?

Past and present. You can't make this stuff up.
Simple Minded

Why don't we have a Health Tips thread?

Post by Simple Minded »

Hoping to get the ball rolling...... easier to do on others than on oneself.... have paper towels and wetwipes ready before needing them...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SupLKVqzus8
noddy

Re: Why don't we have a Health Tips thread?

Post by noddy »

i just scoot around the room dragging my arse on the carpet.

unless its a nylon carpet, which is a trap for younger players.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:i just scoot around the room dragging my arse on the carpet.

unless its a nylon carpet, which is a trap for younger players.
I contributed by posting a video.... just sayin......
noddy

Post by noddy »

here is a professional actor doing a nylon safe re-enactment for you.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

on hot days its important for men to keep the jewels well airconditioned.

ultracrepidarian
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Well, I think the OP has been answered.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:Well, I think the OP has been answered.
Meaning, I assume, that you already knew about care and maintenance of the family jewels......
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:on hot days its important for men to keep the jewels well airconditioned.

Good PSA. Men know this instinctively, but if we make women more aware, they will understand us better.

win-win!
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Jock itch is the worst itch! :)
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:Jock itch is the worst itch! :)
specially if you have yuge balls.....
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

An ancient Roman health tip.
Scorn pain.

Either it will end or you will.

~ Seneca| On Providence
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Finally, some useful information. Thanks for posting Typhoon. Coulda been subtitled, Dane explores the Netherlands.

Also splains the drop off in the European birth rate...
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Nursing Is a Job of the Future for Men

Refreshing, and good to know

Always look up to nurses

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Large Animal Vets Needed Women Filling The Gap

ooh.... I can do this too......'>.......
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
noddy

Post by noddy »

being up to your armpits in a cows bottom does seem to bring this thread back on topic.
ultracrepidarian
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

We need large animal public health education too.

mUtSazFb5qM
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

noddy wrote:being up to your armpits in a cows bottom does seem to bring this thread back on topic.
uhm...... depends how charitable you wish to be with your assessment......'>........

She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

In an attempt to get this thread back on the right hoof....

http://cista.net/health/benefits%20of%2 ... 0horse.pdf
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:Large Animal Vets Needed Women Filling The Gap

If you're the kind of gal who played competitive rugby and are not worse for wear for it.

Was recently chatting to a small animal vet.
Her former partner was a large animal vet who retired in his mid fifties due to the wear and tear of the job.
His list of injuries from large animals would make a NFL running back cringe.
She said she could not do it, despite a life long love of horses.

Had no idea.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:Large Animal Vets Needed Women Filling The Gap

If you're the kind of gal who played competitive rugby and are not worse for wear for it.

Was recently chatting to a small animal vet.
Her former partner was a large animal vet who retired in his mid fifties due to the wear and tear of the job.
His list of injuries from large animals would make a NFL running back cringe.
She said she could not do it, despite a life long love of horses.

Had no idea.
It is simply applied physics my dear Watson! Somehow related to forces, masses, and accelerations. Some day, someone will come up with an equation or something to correlate those three variables...... ;)

My current vet is in his mid 70's. We have been his clients for 25 years. He was a large animal vet in upstate NY, near my home town when he got out of Vet school. We used to share stories of the great fun of trying to heard cows or horses thru pastures covered in snow and ice. Beware the horse or cow who decides to pin you up against the wall to use you as a scratching post.

He has the same stories.

He has often said: "Large animal veterinary medicine is a young person's game. Very few vets do it for more than a few years. It is very dangerous and does not pay very well!"
Heracleum Persicum

"Cough CPR" making the social media rounds

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

1. Let’s say it’s 7.25pm and you’re going home (alone of course) after an unusually hard day on the job.

2. You’re really tired, upset and frustrated.

3 Suddenly you start experiencing severe pain in your chest that starts to drag out into your arm and up in to your jaw. You are only about five km from the hospital nearest your home.

4. Unfortunately you don’t know if you’ll be able to make it that far.

5. You have been trained in CPR, but the guy who taught the course did not tell you how to perform it on yourself.

6. HOW TO SURVIVE A HEART ATTACK WHEN ALONE? Since many people are alone when they suffer a heart attack without help, the person whose heart is beating improperly and who begins to feel faint, has only about 10 seconds left before losing consciousness.

7. However, these victims can help themselves by coughing repeatedly and very vigorously. A deep breath should be taken before each cough, and the cough must be deep and prolonged, as when producing sputum from deep inside the chest. A breath and a cough must be repeated about every two seconds without let-up until help arrives, or until the heart is felt to be beating normally again.

8. Deep breaths get oxygen into the lungs and coughing movements squeeze the heart and keep the blood circulating. The squeezing pressure on the heart also helps it regain normal rhythm. In this way, heart attack victims can get to a hospital.

9. Tell as many other people as possible about this. It could save their lives ! !

10. A cardiologist says If everyone who gets this mail kindly sends it to 10 people, you can bet that we’ll save at least one life.

11. Rather than sending jokes, please... contribute by forwarding this mail which can save a person’s life.

Typhoon

Re: Cough CPR

Post by Typhoon »

Am Heart Assoc | Cough CPR
The American Heart Association does not endorse "cough CPR," a coughing procedure widely publicized on the Internet. As noted in the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care, “cough CPR” is not useful for unresponsive victims and should not be taught to lay rescuers.

During a sudden arrhythmia (abnormal heart rhythm), it may be possible for a conscious, responsive person to cough forcefully and repetitively to maintain enough blood flow to the brain to remain conscious for a few seconds until the arrhythmia is treated. Blood flow is maintained by increased pressure in the chest that occurs during forceful coughs. This has been mislabeled "cough CPR," although it's not a form of traditional resuscitation.

Why isn't "cough CPR" appropriate in CPR training courses?

"Cough CPR" should not be taught in lay-rescuer CPR courses because it is generally not useful in the prehospital setting. In virtually all lay-rescuer CPR courses, the finding that signals an emergency is the victim's unresponsiveness. Unresponsive victims will not be able to perform "cough CPR."

Are there situations when "cough CPR" is appropriate?

“Cough” CPR may be considered in settings such as the cardiac catheterization laboratory where patients are conscious and constantly monitored (for example, with an ECG machine). A nurse or physician is also present who can instruct and coach the patients to cough forcefully every one to three seconds during the initial seconds of a sudden arrhythmia. However, as this is not effective in all patients, it should not delay definitive treatment.
Good luck.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Will prevent almost all disease, reverse a great deal.

eazUSH8rtAw
Censorship isn't necessary