The Last Supper Round Table series

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Parodite

The Last Supper Round Table series

Post by Parodite »

LSRT S01E01 Lost in translation: The Map and the Territory

Esteemed guests will be (carefully selected by the Divine Council and in random order):

Mama Nature
Papa God (to be confirmed)
Sam Harris (to be confirmed)
Jordan B Peterson
Jesus of Nazareth
Tulsi Gabbard
UG Krishnamurti
Camille Paglia
Edward Feser

Moderator: Parodite from TheSimulatingBrain.org (TSB is an AI that can simulate brains that create more simulations)

Contention, discussion as created by TSB and recorded on 9-11:
99.9% of all discussion about consciousness <-?-> physical reality, free will, the value of the individual versus group, objective value systems and morality... are doomed to grind to a halt, dissolve into obscure claims without foundation, not grounded in science not even the subjective.

Lets clean our rooms and be nicer will do. And leave all remaining mystery to the Gods! Which is what Gods are for.

A dead-end street where the mist thickens, where at the very end all is lost in translation if you do one more step. Because there is no beyond there. The conceptual mind cannot process nothingness without beacons in the landscape. It will start to evaporate touching the unknown.

Stepping into the void will cause you to hallucinate and create word-salads in a desperate attempt to recreate the world that you lost. You just went one step too far!

"Give me solid ground!" insists the soul.

Too late, you are sky diving already just like Sam and his Father. (Who btw got into an angry fight over "the self" while hanging there suspended in hyperslomo space-time. Using quantum entanglement it was fortunately possible to retrieve bits and pieces of their heated conversation despite heavy de-coherence storms raging at their time of free fall)
Deep down I'm very superficial
Mr. Perfect

Re: The Last Supper Round Table series

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I've got a microwave and a garbage can full of corn seeds, lets light it up.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

John 7:17 "If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself."
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

John 5:19 "Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise."
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

After TSB welcomed the guests and introduced them to the public, he asked the moderator to start the conversation.

P: Welcome everybody. Before we start the S01E01 discussion at hand, could you please all give an opening statement. Feel free to just say whatever you think is important in a few short sentences.

Unfortunately Sam Harris and Papa God did not arrive yet, it is uncertain if they will make it in time, if at all. So lets start.

There is some trepidation in the room because we have a very special guest, Jesus of Nazareth. I must ask for calm, there is no need to faint. Also please control yourself and resist the urge to hug him, kiss his feet, throw questions at him or whatever. He made a very long journey of nearly 2000 light-years and is really tired. To get up to speed with our times he has been talking to people incognito and spent quite some late hours on the internet. So to break this tension I'd like to give Jesus the mic first.

JofN: Hello and blessed be everybody. I cannot do anything that is not from God. Being in complete unity with your Creator is what I want for everybody.

For the record, I didn't come to argue for or against anything because that is silly. It brings instant darkness. There is no light in words unless it is love that needs them.

P: Thank you Jesus. Tulsi Gabbard next?
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

My dyslexia kicked in and I read the following:
Parodite wrote:Moderator: Parodite from TheSimulatingBrain.org (TSB is an AI that can sTimulate brains that create more sTimulations)
which sounded pretty interesting. Then, as usual, a careful re-reading revealed that reality is not as great as my unintentional mis-interpretations. Not to mention my intentional mis-interpretations.

If I may have the first questions, directed at JoN,

1. When you were getting up to speed using the internet, what ISP did you use?
2. Do you prefer Apple or Microsoft as an operating system?
3. I know this is before your time, but maybe your Dad told you when you were younger. Were Adam and Eve both white, brown, black, red, or Asian? Were they a mixed couple?

Thanks in advance for your answers and your saviorship.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Simple Minded wrote:If I may have the first questions, directed at JoN,

1. When you were getting up to speed using the internet, what ISP did you use?
2. Do you prefer Apple or Microsoft as an operating system?
3. I know this is before your time, but maybe your Dad told you when you were younger. Were Adam and Eve both white, brown, black, red, or Asian? Were they a mixed couple?

Thanks in advance for your answers and your saviorship.
Dear Sirship, excellent questions for the Q&A at the end. Keep these thoughts! 8-) [JofN nods with a smile]
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Parodite wrote:
Dear Sirship, excellent questions for the Q&A at the end. Keep these thoughts! 8-) [JofN nods with a smile]

OK, JofN, I'll try to be patient, but as you know, patience is not my strong suit. But, as you also know, I pray for patience a lot.....

I really don't need to keep these thoughts, now that they have been published on the internet, they are eternal on their own right.

Couple more quick questions, just for posterity's sake.
1. When I get to heaven, do I get my choice of roommates? Do I get to choose the upper or lower bunk? What if both roommates want the upper bunk, is there some kind of relative merit ranking in Heaven, or are we all equal?
2. Do I get to choose between going to animal Heaven or people Heaven? I kinda doubt I'm going to know anyone in people Heaven. Me and my wife would rather go to animal Heaven if it is all the same to you.
3. Is Heaven the place where we all can blog, but no one has to read anyone else's blogs? is Hell a place where no one can blog, and everyone has to read the blogs from the people in Heaven?

Thought I'd start out with some easy questions first, while you're getting your Earth lags back, seeing as how you haven't been around for so long.

Thanks in advance for eternal life.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Damn freakin lonely this last supper round table.......

Waiter, can I see the whine list again please?
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Simple Minded wrote:Damn freakin lonely this last supper round table.......

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Parodite wrote:

What? Oh no, pardon me garçon, I wanted to see the WHINE list. You know, like a bottle of 2008 "America is a racist country," 2010 "I can't get an even break because of the racists, sexists, _____-o-phobes," 2012 "Climate change," 2016 "Sharia law for everyone," or even a current cardboard box of "My butt hurts....."

What if the Bible contains a typo, and Jesus never changed water into wine, but water into whine?
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Simple Minded wrote:
Parodite wrote:

What? Oh no, pardon me garçon, I wanted to see the WHINE list. You know, like a bottle of 2008 "America is a racist country," 2010 "I can't get an even break because of the racists, sexists, _____-o-phobes," 2012 "Climate change," 2016 "Sharia law for everyone," or even a current cardboard box of "My butt hurts....."

What if the Bible contains a typo, and Jesus never changed water into wine, but water into whine?
Damn bro.. I should as of now always wear my glasses. :D

Of course YES, lets whine till totally drunk and even the holy spirit can't resist, suddenly realizing: I'm being used and abused! Matter of time that even God will start whining with a rage. oh, wait, he did already. So disappointed with what he created that he throws the hole thing into the fire. Or flushes it through the toilet. Noah's bathroom Inc.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

P: Thank you Jesus. Tulsi Gabbard next?
TG: Aloha thank you Jesus. I'm really thrilled sitting next to you. My heart is pounding! You are my inspiration and ally. After you came to India so many people were inspired and recognized you as one of them. We want love and that is all that we want. To guide us through our messy lives with mindfulness and respect for each other as children of the same family. With love for truth and making better facts come true. If we don't care, then what is the purpose of it all? Aloha aloha!

UGK: You see, I don't have really much to say. I am a dog barking. What do you want? I don't have any solutions for your non-existing problems, what your culture has put into you. The body doesn't want it, doesn't need it to operate intelligently. All that nonsense went out of my system. I'm sorry, that's all.

JBP: Well, what can I say. The Logos is clearly present tonight and I'm deeply grateful for it. I have thought about the meaning of the Logos for decades, it is really complicated! But since I talk too much I will leave it at that for now.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

P: Camille Paglia? What would you like to say.

CP: Thank you for inviting me to this round table with these very special guests of such diverse backgrounds. Should make for an interesting conversation! I think the West is on a slippery slope. Our culture, traditions, values, education and politics are rapidly degenerating. I say this as a left-leaning feminist. Something needs to be done.

P: Thank you Camille. I think we could all agree to that. Edward Feser?

EF: This is wonderful. The very fact that we sit here is proof that God exists! I only later came to understand these things. I understand He is in some sort of free fall with Sam Harris, or locked in a time warp. I believe He is trying to save Sam and am sure He will succeed. Could God fail in an effort saving somebody he loves so deeply? That would be the wrong question as it makes God look like a doctor. If you dive deeper into Aristotle but also Kierkegaard however, you will find that []

JofN: Sorry to interrupt EF. But it is never the reflective logical mind that can reveal you the truth. It is the totality of what lives that is truth with a loving heart that beats towards redemption. God is love, more words are not necessary. It has its own action. Philosophy is the end of action, a heart pumping without blood. Just let the panic go brother EF, you are loved and saved already... believe it or not.

JBP: See? That's what I mean with the Logos! It works! That's so great man... It creates habitable order from chaos like I always knew. And it is a miracle how very complex things that need decades to figure out, happen so naturally and easily in reality! I think Sam cannot deny this if he were here. It is more than just a story, it all bubbles up from deep layers of reality via biology, neurology and culture all flowering at the same time! Yea, those hyper-rationalists didn't see this coming ey...ha.

UGK: This is all nonsense. Just words and no action!

JofN: Very true brother UG. Faith is the letting go of all redundancy and waste... so God, who is Love, can Act.

UGK: Whatever... I'm not interested.

At that point Sam Harris stumbles on stage resulting in shock and awe. The audience starts to cheer a pounding "Sam Sam Sam Sam Sam" followed by an applause, with mostly happy faces among the guests. JBP couldn't keep his tears as usual.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Glad to see the inclusion of Feser. I think this was posted before, but I do believe he checkmates Sam Harris and other forms of atheism in a tidy sequence here.

9FvYwpyFbIQ

Essentially, atheism always boils down to one unavoidably magical event, and if you get to have a miracle etc

Same argument from a triangle position, IE this dude is neither Judeo Christian or secular.

Would be interesting to see his inclusion at the table.

AATA0TzZf0A
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Feser pushes the rationalist envelope on the God-question very close to the edge of the cliff. Is he going to slide, make a mistake, fall off? Reason can bring you to base-camp with good practice and solid gear. Heading for the summit however, if that is the objective, various peril awaits. Especially if you go without oxygen, ropes and Sherpas to carry the load. It tends to lead to crucifixion IMHO. ;)

This round table consists of people who are contrarians relative to each other. Two other contrarians and equal opposites are missing, have to see how to get them in and in what role: the smartest & funniest satirist and the most serious person who lacks any sense of humor and every word uttered is like a life or death situation. A comedian and a prophet? There is nothing more terrifying for a stand-up comedian than his/her jokes falling flat in an unresponsive bored audience, and nothing more terrifying/enraging for a prophet to be ridiculed and laughed at in public.

A perhaps obvious choice to add,

Satirist: Charlie (Hebdo)
Prophet: Mohammed

After some panel discussions where disagreement only grows in all directions, panel members will be paired to have 1-on-1 conversations:

Camille Paglia + Mohammed. Mohammed wanted to talk to CP because she is a woman he can respect, even look up to. She will ask him about the relationship he had with his parents, especially his mother. He complains he never was allowed to laugh, have some kiddy fun.

JofN + Tulsi Gabbard. They fell in love and choose to retreat to the Love Room. They feel like knowing each other. Maybe from long ago.

Feser+Harris. Because they both love the punching game of reason and be a devils advocate. Brothers playing. Almost like twins.

JBP + UGK at JBP's request and at his own peril.

Also to add later on, general contrarian David Goldman who flies his space-ship Star of Redemption and is contacted via the radio waves. He will explain the difference between the therapeutic and the sacred.

David Goldman + Charlie Hebdo. At the request of Charlie wanting to know if only Jews are allowed to make anti-Semitic jokes.

Mama Nature+Papa God just reminiscing. MN asking PG what happened with Sam Harris during their free fall crisis.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

This is cooking out to be something glorious. Series is called 'Awakening From the Meaning Crisis":

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpqDUj ... NpnyWper_Q
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:This is cooking out to be something glorious. Series is called 'Awakening From the Meaning Crisis":

Bookmarked. Looks like this will take time.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:This is cooking out to be something glorious. Series is called 'Awakening From the Meaning Crisis":

Thanks for the link, will keep an hawked eye on it. Watched some...

Maybe the crisis of meaning is not too complicated: it is being actually thirsty while theories and "meaningful stories about thirst and water" don't give you that damn glass of water you really need. Meaning is usually not very meaningful and can even be a lethal distraction. Our bodies don't feed on stories. But creating fantasies, the imaginary is fun, like making music, writing, painting after you drank and ate enough as a celebration. The ability to do something meaningless is a great joy.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

It's not going to go anywhere.