Suggestions

Code of conduct, technical issues and problems, suggestions, and/or complaints
AzariLoveIran

Re: Suggestions

Post by AzariLoveIran »

Marcus wrote: Seconded . . . Goldman, like ALI, offers opinion one doesn't often hear elsewhere.

third'ed :)

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Hoose, you can just post links to his writing, or just copy-paste the whole of it? Or... :|
Deep down I'm very superficial
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Parodite wrote:Hoose, you can just post links to his writing, or just copy-paste the whole of it? Or... :|

Where should I post them is a problem, should they be posted in one spot or in specific areas?
Been busy doing stuff
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Hoosiernorm wrote:
Parodite wrote:Hoose, you can just post links to his writing, or just copy-paste the whole of it? Or... :|
Where should I post them is a problem, should they be posted in one spot or in specific areas?
In the Current Events section, where are there are already two Spenglerman topics

Spengler discovers Mexico . . .

Spengler discovers Japan . . .

Spenglerman thread title format:

Spengler discovers [insert name of topic here] . . .
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

wait....... why am I thinking of this?.........

She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:wait....... why am I thinking of this?......... Harold and the Purple Crayon
Ummmmmmmm . . . because Spengler makes you think of Harold?
Harold wants to go for a walk in the moonlight, but there is no moon, so he draws one. He has nowhere to walk, so he draws a path. He has many adventures looking for his room, he draws his own house and bed and starts going to sleep.He does so only in his dreams though.
"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

some threads have a RED star .. what does it indicate ?

noddy

Post by noddy »

commies, them sneeky buggers slip below the radar, so the forum hilights sympathetic activities.
ultracrepidarian
crashtech

Post by crashtech »

AzariLoveIran wrote:.

On my end, red stars indicate discussions in which I have posted at least one comment.
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

crashtech wrote:.
AzariLoveIran wrote:.

On my end, red stars indicate discussions in which I have posted at least one comment.

Checked

makes sense

thanx

Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Once in a while, but not seldom, people from very different backgrounds write very interesting and relevant things about lots of subjects. A forum is a good place to discuss things without having to go very deep into the subjects, but is not "academic" enough, in the sense that it wouldn't encourage researchers to quote from it. So, lots of good ideas are just lost to the world... :roll:

How easy or how difficult would it be to create an online think tank, where some of these ideas could be developed, either by an individual or by several people in collaboration?
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

Endovelico wrote:.

Once in a while, but not seldom, people from very different backgrounds write very interesting and relevant things about lots of subjects. A forum is a good place to discuss things without having to go very deep into the subjects, but is not "academic" enough, in the sense that it wouldn't encourage researchers to quote from it. So, lots of good ideas are just lost to the world... :roll:

How easy or how difficult would it be to create an online think tank, where some of these ideas could be developed, either by an individual or by several people in collaboration ?

Good idea Endo

IMO, one such subject would be, what I floated some time ago :

That all G_D given natural resources, like air, sun, rain, water, oil, gas, Gold, diamante, copper, threes, and and and .. all rights .. belong to all humans inhabitant planet earth

Does it make sense people in Ethiopia must sell their crop (food) to buy oil from that pig calling himself Amir of Qatar ? ?

While ago, when I floated this idea with a friend, he shouted "communist"

but

Capitalism says your doing is yours .. and not, what is under your ass

would be a good subject to work on

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Can we allow .pdf as a valid extension for attachments?
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Can it be made possible to embed Spotify?
(Spotify needs be installed on your PC to then play it from here)

<iframe src="https://embed.spotify.com/?uri=spotify: ... pn20xK5x01" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>
Deep down I'm very superficial
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

Colonel ,

2 things would very much help

- a list of all threads would help one posting in the right thread .. I must use search to find threads .. sometimes I am not sure whether such a thread already exists

- a functionality that once somebody posts in reply to one's post, one is informed so that one can follow up

YMix

Post by YMix »

- a functionality that once somebody posts in reply to one's post, one is informed so that one can follow up
It's called Subscribe Topic and it's at the bottom of each page.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

YMix wrote:.
It's called Subscribe Topic and it's at the bottom of each page.

Thanx .. does the job

- a list of all threads would make things easy .. and .. avoid duplicates

AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

I would add an "Literature" @ Bord Index