Academic journal publishes Chap 12 of Mein Kampf as a Feminist Study

Doc

Academic journal publishes Chap 12 of Mein Kampf as a Feminist Study

Post by Doc »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8161194/p ... published/
Professor uses ‘feminist buzzwords’ to get entire passage from Hitler’s ‘Mein Kampf’ published in academic journal
Peter Boghossian and his colleagues said they were stunned by how easily the joke papers were published in what he described as 'grievance studies'

Phoebe Cooke

10 Jan 2019, 11:21Updated: 10 Jan 2019, 11:34

A PROFESSOR is facing the sack after using "feminist buzzwords" to get an entire passage from Hitler’s "Mein Kampf" published in an academic journal.

Peter Boghossian helped create a series of spoof academic papers to satirise a number of fields including what he describes as the "grievance studies" - including fields on gender, obesity and homosexuality.

The assistant philosophy professor at Portland State University in Oregon penned a total of 20 "intentionally broken" and "nonsense" papers with the help of two collaborators.

Each of one was deliberately ridiculous - but astonishingly seven were accepted by peer-reviewed journals, The Times reports.

One, “Our Struggle is My Struggle: Solidarity feminism as an intersectional reply to neoliberal and choice feminism”, was a rewrite of chapter 12 of Hitler’s 1925 autobiography with feminist “buzzwords switched in”.

All the spoofs featured “very shoddy methodologies including incredibly implausible statistics”, as well as “ideologically motivated qualitative analyses” and “claims not warranted by the data”.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros