Hydra | The Deep State. Thread 2

Mr. Perfect

Re: Hydra | The Deep State. Thread 2

Post by Mr. Perfect »

The walls are closing in on Comey, finally. Comey appears to be a sociopath.

Tc2l68KHhhc
Censorship isn't necessary
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

noddy wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:01 am
Mr. Perfect wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:47 am
Doc wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:41 pm
noddy wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:50 am ok, So worst case, Trump goes to jail.

Do the Repubs just throw up the next leader and business as usual ? Thats how it pans out over here.
Trump goes to jail for what? There are no criminal charges in the impeachment articles. Just innuendo.

The worst case is if none of the traitors that attempt this coup go to jail.
I think what nods was trying to say is if hypothetically Trump were some how thrown out, why should anyone care about it because life goes on.

We should care about only if you care about representative government, the rule of law and justice. If you don't care about those things then obviously you would not be bothered by any of these things.

Some people "live" by they saying we are all dead in the end. I don't think that is living.
no that wasnt what i was saying.

in Australia we vote for parties, leaders come and go, any leader that cant maintain his leadership is a failure and we try another one.

im not the nihilist here, you are, you have made Trump the be all and end all.

In Australia what is happening to Trump is not the end of democracy, '

we have had PM's forcably removed from office because they couldnt maintain confidence - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975_Aust ... nal_crisis

we regularly have them destroyed by their own party disliking them - 7 different leaders in 10 years being the current standing.
yeah, but we don't have that system. To have that system is one thing, this would be something else.

You ask where the Republicans are at, and maybe the answer is between a rock and a hard place. Senator McConnell would love an impeachment because it would give him the opportunity to bring the Trump administration to heel. He won't whip the vote to avoid conviction if Trump doesn't change course on X,Y,Z and epsilon too.

But I'm not sure if the party wants to mess too much with the enthusiasm factor. Removing Trump would kill the party from the inside and from the outside.

Of course, there are plenty of people on the inside who would prefer that outcome.

A problem has become that the modal Republican politician is a man of commitments. In the broad, that's alright and to expect much more than that is really pushing one's luck. It's like doing a survey of politicians and finding out that a solid portion of them are people-pleaser...these sort of things are to be expected.

Too much of it though, and then we are in messy territory.

One could figure out pretty quickly what and where George Bush pere was committed. Can we say the same about the current leadership of the House or Senate? Could we say that about previous Presidential candidates John McCain or Mitt Romney?

The substance collapses and it becomes piety about being committed to having commitments. It's rot. The sort of rot which hits conservatives, I suppose; but rot nevertheless.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

It's amazing to see how far off people can be.
noddy

Post by noddy »

yeh, i was stupid enough to ask a question.

ill go back to my usual policy of avoiding merkin politics threads.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:36 pm yeh, i was stupid enough to ask a question.

ill go back to my usual policy of avoiding merkin politics threads.
:) you can't get a straight answer from a monolithic nation of 320+ million people? Huh, that's weird.

now you know how our politicians feel. I think that's why they always promise Nirvana rather than ask questions.

just pick a side and stick with it until it morphs into sometime you're comfortable with..... or protest about how unfair life is.... easier to get along that way...
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Looks like Democrats have the votes.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:01 am
no that wasnt what i was saying.

in Australia we vote for parties, leaders come and go, any leader that cant maintain his leadership is a failure and we try another one.

im not the nihilist here, you are, you have made Trump the be all and end all.

In Australia what is happening to Trump is not the end of democracy, '

we have had PM's forcably removed from office because they couldnt maintain confidence - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975_Aust ... nal_crisis

we regularly have them destroyed by their own party disliking them - 7 different leaders in 10 years being the current standing.
short answer. it's only bad when someone pisses in your partisan Cheerios. Trump may very well be removed by his party, it will just be done behind the curtain. They'd rather just castrate him, and get him to win the election but heel like a good dog. But, hey, sometimes compromise is best.

Don't buy into MSM or partisan hype. Every election since 1980 has been "the most important election of our life time with the country hanging in the balance. Now more than ever we need to stand together!" Probably the same before that but I was too young to notice.

We're always 5 minutes away from Armageddon, Existential Threats abound, there's always a boogeyman hiding in the bushes, the other party is always going to sodomize everyone who doesn't vote for us, and we're always the savior you've been looking for.

Not much more than marketing. Change terms to stay hip with the present zeitgeist.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Simple Minded wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:41 pm
short answer. it's only bad when someone pisses in your partisan Cheerios. Trump may very well be removed by his party,
Trump will never be removed by his own party.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Wow. If this is true. NYT and Bezos Post involved.

ffwRnoAEzhA
Doc

Post by Doc »

Mr. Perfect wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:20 am Wow. If this is true. NYT and Bezos Post involved.

ffwRnoAEzhA
Just because Jeff Bezos made 10's of billions of dollars import things from China. Made in the 10's of thousands of US factories exported to China doesn't mean it is true.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

If one thinks about it, and applies a superior intellect and logic to this situation, one would note.....
there is a Republican Deep State, a Democratic Deep State, and a Rino/Dino Deep State.

Count em, 1.... 2.... 3!

OK, I'm good!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:58 pm If one thinks about it, and applies a superior intellect and logic to this situation, one would note.....
there is a Republican Deep State, a Democratic Deep State, and a Rino/Dino Deep State.

Count em, 1.... 2.... 3!

OK, I'm good!
I think there is a lot of intersectionallity in there called greed for money and lust for power.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:45 am
Simple Minded wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:58 pm If one thinks about it, and applies a superior intellect and logic to this situation, one would note.....

Count em, 1.... 2.... 3!

OK, I'm good!
I think there is a lot of intersectionallity in there called greed for money and lust for power.
sure, that's why it is easy for the insiders to work together to keep the outsiders out.

what is the dem or repub party but two big unions? scabs need not apply.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:14 am
Doc wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:45 am

Count em, 1.... 2.... 3!

OK, I'm good!
sure, that's why it is easy for the insiders to work together to keep the outsiders out.

what is the dem or repub party but two big unions? scabs need not apply.
You could extend this to a lot of things. Big Tech especially. I have been seeing quite a few videos on YouTube where people are saying that Google is trying to get rid of small video producers in favor of corporate media. These folks don't have much imagination. Google goal seems to be to get rid of small business in favor of large corporations as well. The same for Amazon. All run by billioniare robber barons.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:39 am

You could extend this to a lot of things. Big Tech especially. I have been seeing quite a few videos on YouTube where people are saying that Google is trying to get rid of small video producers in favor of corporate media. These folks don't have much imagination. Google goal seems to be to get rid of small business in favor of large corporations as well. The same for Amazon. All run by billioniare robber barons.
sure, once you get a lot of capital invested in your existing business plan, nobody wants to see any outside competitors come in and force you to change.
noddy

Post by noddy »

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/3a8a ... el-as-isis
The FBI has elevated racially-motivated violent extremism to a “national threat priority,” in yet another sign that the U.S. government has finally woken up to the threat posed by white nationalists and neo-Nazis at home and abroad.

In a hearing before the House Judiciary Committee on Wednesday, FBI Director Christopher Wray outlined several concrete steps the agency had taken to combat violent far-right extremists, explaining that the “national threat priority” designation puts those groups or individuals on the same footing as ISIS” in terms of the resources the FBI will devote to it.
wasnt really clear where this belongs
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

noddy wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:57 am https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/3a8a ... el-as-isis
The FBI has elevated racially-motivated violent extremism to a “national threat priority,” in yet another sign that the U.S. government has finally woken up to the threat posed by white nationalists and neo-Nazis at home and abroad.

In a hearing before the House Judiciary Committee on Wednesday, FBI Director Christopher Wray outlined several concrete steps the agency had taken to combat violent far-right extremists, explaining that the “national threat priority” designation puts those groups or individuals on the same footing as ISIS” in terms of the resources the FBI will devote to it.
wasnt really clear where this belongs
Belongs in the naive/performance art sector. The House Judiciary Committee has made it a priority to harass Wray about and it's lip service. The 2nd Obama administration made it a priority and I don't think Trump's justice department has changed that policy all that much.

How much it's gone through any dramatic changes since around the Oklahoma City Bombing is doubtful.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Stepping away from the political fight- no one (besides Trump) makes a spectacle over the Mexican cartels, which are in some cases, human sacrifice level death cults. And they're in charge of that big country below us.

Vg6h4NBSCso

MEjKdck2QRA
NapLajoieonSteroids

That guy gives a good description of the problem even if his answers on what to do about it are the same boring, dull ones usually given.
noddy

Post by noddy »

I cant help but see that problem as a civilizational confidence issue.

The Chinese or the old version of Europeans would intervene without a second thought and just blank face state the facts, that it is better for everyone for that to not continue and for them to take control.

Americas propensity to sort of half intervene, with one hand tied the back and no clear goals as to what is being achieved and a desire to be liked that leads them to not wanting a full imperial takeover.. creates power vacuum chaos and corruptions.

you bribe, the druglords bribe, mexican officials can set themselves up nicely, nothing changes.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:05 am I cant help but see that problem as a civilizational confidence issue.

The Chinese or the old version of Europeans would intervene without a second thought and just blank face state the facts, that it is better for everyone for that to not continue and for them to take control.

Americas propensity to sort of half intervene, with one hand tied the back and no clear goals as to what is being achieved and a desire to be liked that leads them to not wanting a full imperial takeover.. creates power vacuum chaos and corruptions.

you bribe, the druglords bribe, mexican officials can set themselves up nicely, nothing changes.
I once read a a good one-liner about the difference,
The British want to be obeyed, while the Americans want to be liked.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Spiked | Christopher Steele: MI5’s very own Walter Mitty
Why is the man who fabricated the ‘pee tape’ treated as a credible expert source?
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:05 am I cant help but see that problem as a civilizational confidence issue.

I like the phrase "civilizational confidence," it could answer a lot of things.

Unfortunately, fanatics have a lot of civilizational confidence. (Mr. Perfect, Zack Morris, Endovelico, Greta Thunberg, most do-gooders, etc.), the man in the street who has foci other than saving the world/influencing others, and those who are indifferent by nature or study, less so.

I recall reading in the early 1990's that the drug cartels had more money available to them on an annual basis than the combined military budgets of the US and USSR at the height of Cold War spending.

Who needs guns or ideology when money is a readily available tool of influence?

A local private university has more money coming in, in recent years, than it knows how to spend. Rumor is they are only allowed to have $2,000,000,000 in their endowment fund/bank accounts. They have been on an incredible building binge and buying binge for the last few years. Amazing projects that have little or nothing to do with education.

They recently have been advertising that as a show of empathy for poor college students, they are freezing tuition rates. Evidently, it has never occurred to them to cost tuition rates by 50-80%. Might result in too much riff-raff applying.