POTUS Election 2020 | Here we go again . . .

Simple Minded

Re: POTUS Election 2020 | Here we go again . . .

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:23 pm While the article goes a bit too deep into the weeds of "Ellis Island Ethnics vs WASPs" for my own tastes; it raises an issue which goes beyond Le Grande Orange.

While I'd prefer far less vulgarity all around; I rather have the vulgarity than a strong civil religion whose cultural priests & priestesses claim to be both the cultural and counter-cultural gatekeepers.
You have the support of me and my white trash, black trash brothers and sisters.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:56 am What are the famous debate moments that get endlessly repeated, since these things appeared on tv?

Richard Nixon sweating on live television against Kennedy?

Ronald Reagan joke soundbites?

Al Gore sighing, rolling his eyes and saying lockbox over and over again?

Gossipy stuff, all of it.

We do not pretend they matter- if only- the agreement was we listened to the broadcasters who said it mattered, as they treated it as 'best in show'.

1b9KLz3eyok
kmich

Post by kmich »

Simple Minded wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:32 pm
YMix wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:36 am Apparently Trump has caught the China Virus. He was infected with hoax. I think he should drink some bleach. That will fix him right up.
:lol:

Which (Witch?) doctor on CNN or MSNBC are you listening to?
Donald Trump?

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) · Twitter
Tonight, @FLOTUS and I tested positive for COVID-19. We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER!
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

kmich wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:51 pm
YMix wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:36 am Apparently Trump has caught the China Virus. He was infected with hoax. I think he should drink some bleach. That will fix him right up.

Donald Trump?

Tonight, @FLOTUS and I tested positive for COVID-19. We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER!
that seems a political viewpoint to me, which is both understandable and humorous! :D
Doc

Post by Doc »

kmich wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:51 pm

Donald Trump?

IF Trump survives he will win in a landslide
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

As I understand it, only after 4 weeks a covid patient is really out of the danger zone. It can be mild for 3 weeks and still suddenly wreck you. Also the risk of post-covid damage. Which means.. if Trump survives in good health the coming month and considered cured on november 3rd.. all hell breaks loose, even more so when he then wins as the cherry on top of the repub cake. (after two months of contested results)

But what happens if he dies before november 3rd? Will Pence be the one to vote for? :roll:
Deep down I'm very superficial
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:43 pm
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:23 pm While the article goes a bit too deep into the weeds of "Ellis Island Ethnics vs WASPs" for my own tastes; it raises an issue which goes beyond Le Grande Orange.

While I'd prefer far less vulgarity all around; I rather have the vulgarity than a strong civil religion whose cultural priests & priestesses claim to be both the cultural and counter-cultural gatekeepers.
You have the support of me and my white trash, black trash brothers and sisters.
my personal tastes arent what i was discussing, it was the murky predictions on if Trump is increasing or decreasing his fanbase - the one thing ive never really understood about him was the extent to which he grows networks rather than shrinks them, all of which is important for getting re-elected.

in my neck of the woods, conservative voters are more likely to demand proper decorum rules, so im probably misreading american conservatives.

im a contrarian who loves a rowdy argumement, i dont particuarly mind what the rules are aslong as i know what they are.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

noddy wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:02 am
Simple Minded wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:43 pm

my personal tastes arent what i was discussing, it was the murky predictions on if Trump is increasing or decreasing his fanbase - the one thing ive never really understood about him was the extent to which he grows networks rather than shrinks them, all of which is important for getting re-elected.

in my neck of the woods, conservative voters are more likely to demand proper decorum rules, so im probably misreading american conservatives.

im a contrarian who loves a rowdy argumement, i dont particuarly mind what the rules are aslong as i know what they are.
In the only poll since the debate and before he tested postive for coronavirus showed trump won the debate. Also the democrats are making a mess in their pants.

https://www.investors.com/news/joe-bide ... tipp-poll/

At least that is what these headline indicate
dems.jpg
dems.jpg (62.64 KiB) Viewed 662 times
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
noddy

Post by noddy »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:23 pm

i can see now how the strong man dictatorship comes so regularly from democracy and why the asians and russians have single party democracies.

stopping the rules from changing for a generation and smashing any anyone that tries to change them can be an attractive state of mind after a lifetime of constant squabbling, never feeling comfortable in your own country, always ducking an weaving around the new rules.

when i earlier said that both sides are hyperbolically paranoid about the other will gain control you dismissed it as me claiming both are as bad as each other, which wasnt my angle.

my angle was that both sides dont really believe compromising with the other side makes the world a better place and thats kind of the corner stone of multicultural democracy.

"cultural gatekeepers" are part of that system, the basics everyone agrees on.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:39 am
my angle was that both sides dont really believe compromising with the other side makes the world a better place and thats kind of the corner stone of multicultural democracy.

"cultural gatekeepers" are part of that system, the basics everyone agrees on.
Well said.

From my perspective, it is not so much a war of two differering ideologies, but more a battle for turf and power. The ideology can be debated for generations, but once one side claims ownership of money and resources, any change in ownership is virtually impossible. The veil confusing reality and ideology is simply one of the useful tactics.

The closest analogy, IMSMO, is General Motors with two unions instead of just the UAW. The Dem/Repub unions will stage mock battles, victories, and losses to appease the viewers from time to time, but they have learned to co-exist well for several generations. It has been a very profitable partnership.

The real enemy is any scab that does not belong to one of the two controlling unions entering the political arena. Way too many scabs (and ideologies/opinions) out there to allow dilution of power and control. Another good analogy might be Diet Coke vs. Diet Pepsi, if both can keep other drinks off the store shelves, both win.

Hence the perpetual arguing over non-issues like how to label bathroom doors, who gets to define "black/white," "gay/straight," "male/female," etc. Much more fun than discussing fiscal issues, sovereignty, etc. or anything that can be accurately measured.

Tons of scabs/cultures/ideologies in a population of 320+ million. Trying to force all of them into a "two sizes fits all" box is problematic.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

The Spectator | America has a long tradition of voter fraud

Well, learned some interesting US history.

Chairing the Member, from The Humours of an Election series, 1755 by Willian Hogarth [British]

William_Hogarth_029.jpg
William_Hogarth_029.jpg (345.92 KiB) Viewed 622 times
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

At this point, IMSMO, Trump would be foolish to not give a short (15 minutes?) update each day of his treatment, health, and progress during the previous 24 hours.

Very specific and detailed, no personal opinions, other than a short "On a 0 to 100% scale, I feel like NN% today!"

my ideal:
woke up at _____ am.
at time _____ am, I was given X mg fo drug A, Y mg of drug B, Z mg of drug C, etc. Doctors say A is for ______, B is for _______, C is for ______.
here are my vitals at _______ am.
Same for afternoon and evening. Include naps, IV's, meal content, etc..

IMSMO, this would go a long way to demystifying the COVID-19 treatment for the common person. And provide more real information than either party, or the medical representative in the government have done to date.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Flew on private hospital jet to topline facilility.

Blood replaced with the plasma of virgins.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:48 pm
Tons of scabs/cultures/ideologies in a population of 320+ million. Trying to force all of them into a "two sizes fits all" box is problematic.
maybe

the chaos of multi party is attractive for stopping things from happening - if and when they cooperate enough to form a magority, then its back to 2 parties anyway.
ultracrepidarian
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

noddy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:01 am
maybe

the chaos of multi party is attractive for stopping things from happening - if and when they cooperate enough to form a magority, then its back to 2 parties anyway.
Maybe not. Internet voting and will change a lot of things. We could go from binary politics to intersectional tribal alliances in a heartbeat.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
noddy

Post by noddy »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:34 am
maybe

Maybe not. Internet voting and will change a lot of things. We could go from binary politics to intersectional tribal alliances in a heartbeat.
need some pretty serious levels of identity tracking and control over the infrastructure to change it into a reality tho.

the internet in its current form is not robust enough against hacking or identity threat and the path from here to there is one im dubious of.

having said that, the thought of a big party free future in which its trivial to turn all issues into a plebacite thats easy to vote on is an attractive one.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:45 pm
Doc wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:45 pm
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:48 am And oh, by the way, the former CEO of Twitter fantasizes about the killing of his enemies in the name of the the woke revolution:

Society and business must not be separated!
I wonder if I posted "Woke journalists who think you can separate society from reality are going to be the first people lined up against the wall and shot in the revolution. I'll happily provide video commentary." Would Twitter suspend my account? I mean it would not be like I told a journalist "learn to code" or something like that.... :roll:
Zero doubt, for much less.

You internet poster are a me-first capitalist; and not a caring-capitalist like the former CEO of Twitter who now sits on the board of directors at Patreon.

These are the caring ones, and the will kill you for not caring as they do.
Apparently Costello's tweet has been deleted.

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

maybe

I agree that it would be easy to see four indecent unions effectively evolve into a two union choice. As some have pointed, the presence of Trump in the Whitehouse is an assault on the system. I think it is a beauty to behold. I think both the Dems and the Repubs view it as potential Mutually Assured Destruction.

Joe: "Your people care about Borders? Budgets? China? Pandemics? Unemployment? Are you daft Man? There is an invader in DC!!! C'mon man!"

I suppose that when you break it down into simplest forms:
1. for each election there are two parties, the party that wins and the party that loses.
2. for each voter, there are two parties, the party that votes yes and the party that votes no.

In the free market, no one would be satisfied with only two choices when buying bread, beer, shoes, pants, a car, a house, etc. I think that is a very big indicator.

IMSMO, it would be nice to see more competition to force all parties into a working harder to deliver products that the voters actually want.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:42 am
having said that, the thought of a big party free future in which its trivial to turn all issues into a plebacite thats easy to vote on is an attractive one.
Oddly enough, you are talking about The Constitution of the United States, and it's original intent!

As some have noted, "The Constitution was set up as a limit on Federal Government power. As a result, it has been under attack ever since the ink dried."

"We need a law that says ______________!" Usually doesn't mean much since the powers that be are not following existing law anyway.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:26 pm
Oddly enough, you are talking about The Constitution of the United States, and it's original intent!

As some have noted, "The Constitution was set up as a limit on Federal Government power. As a result, it has been under attack ever since the ink dried."

"We need a law that says ______________!" Usually doesn't mean much since the powers that be are not following existing law anyway.
That is the idea if nominating Amy Barrett to the SCOTUS She is an originalist. Meaning she would read the constitution as meaning what it says. Which is part of the reason why the Democrats are freaking out more than usual

The other reason is:

From Oct 4th 2020:

From Oct 10th 2016

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

maybe

need some pretty serious levels of identity tracking and control over the infrastructure to change it into a reality tho.

the internet in its current form is not robust enough against hacking or identity threat and the path from here to there is one im dubious of.

Billions of dollars in cryptos and online banking and brokerage. I think if the internet is secure enough for that then voting on a blockchain is not only possible but an inevitable development.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:36 pm
maybe

Billions of dollars in cryptos and online banking and brokerage. I think if the internet is secure enough for that then voting on a blockchain is not only possible but an inevitable development.
There are millions of devices that are hacked world wide. There are bot nets with millions of computers. There was a guy that had his smart phone hacked in NY that lost $500,000 in bit coin, with no way for him to recover it.

There is literally no current technology that guarantees online security. Even digital voting machines can and have been compromised in the past. And do you know what country was (as far as I know) the first to adopt digital voting machines? Venezuela. Chavez won his last election via digital voting machines. That an authoritarian dictator was an early adopter should say it all. The most secure way of holding an election is by paper ballots.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Politics. Noun.

A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles.
The conduct of public affairs for private advantage.

The Devil's Dictionary ~ Ambrose Bierce
Apparently Twitter is censoring this investigative journalism exposé.

NY Post | Smoking-gun email reveals how Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dad

_____

City J | American Princelings
Hunter Biden and other children of political leaders are favored elites in the Chinese mode.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Colonel Sun wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:20 pm
Politics. Noun.

A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles.
The conduct of public affairs for private advantage.

The Devil's Dictionary ~ Ambrose Bierce
Apparently Twitter is censoring this investigative journalism exposé.

NY Post | Smoking-gun email reveals how Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dad

_____

City J | American Princelings
Hunter Biden and other children of political leaders are favored elites in the Chinese mode.
Yes they have been doing that kind of thing for years now

But that is nothing compared to:

https://www.twexit.com/twexit-updates/p ... d-millions

Can anyone say massive world wide class action suit ? Crimes against humanity?
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »