Issues of Race in the USA

Apollonius

Re: Honkys and Niggers | Issues of Race in the USA

Post by Apollonius »

Seattle:

Teaching hate - Christopher F. Rufo, City Journal, 18 December 2020
https://www.city-journal.org/racial-equ ... le-schools

The Seattle school district claims that the U.S. education system is guilty of “spirit murder” against black children.

San Diego:

Radicals in the classroom - Christopher F. Rufo, City Journal, 5 January 2021
https://www.city-journal.org/radicalism ... go-schools

San Diego’s school district tells white teachers that they are guilty of “spirit murdering” black children and should undergo “antiracist therapy.”
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Colonel Sun wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:25 pm Sure. Anecdotal "lived experience" always trumps data and evidence. Straight outta grievance studies.
You mean like your anecdotal "lived experience" that suggests the problem is black people being allergic to education? Straight outta conservative fantasy land.
"Leading the way". To where exactly?
A more equitable and harmonious society. A majority of 15 year olds are non-white. They will still be non-white when they turn 18.
"People are sick and tired." Of what exactly? Besides such double-speak banalities?
Sick of being maimed, killed, and denied an equal shot at the American dream due to systemic discrimination.
Doc

Post by Doc »

kmich wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:27 pm Hopefully back on track ...

What is going on in the UK is already well established in our communities.

New variant of SARS-CoV-2 in UK causes surge of COVID-19
Yeah seems to be the standard for covid. By the time authorities find a new strain it is already well established.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:11 am
Colonel Sun wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:25 pm Sure. Anecdotal "lived experience" always trumps data and evidence. Straight outta grievance studies.
You mean like your anecdotal "lived experience" that suggests the problem is black people being allergic to education? Straight outta conservative fantasy land.
EVERYONE knows what they "know to be true" The trick is realizing that what they know may not be so.
A more equitable and harmonious society. A majority of 15 year olds are non-white. They will still be non-white when they turn 18.
If they live that long
"People are sick and tired." Of what exactly? Besides such double-speak banalities?
Sick of being maimed, killed, and denied an equal shot at the American dream due to systemic discrimination.
Yet you keep bragging about how well you get paid. ... Maybe they could go to that Apple factory in India with an engineering degree and get paid $162 a month.

Or if they are Moroccan maybe they could go to France where they can live for generation after generation and never be considered French.

Two thumbs up on the discrimination instead of racism Zack. It is not race so much as it is culture where I am from. If someone goes there back in the mountains the most important thing is do they want to be one of them or not. To find that out they will push some buttons.If they fail the test it is because the person put on "aires"
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Another platitude bot studiously ignoring the elephant in room.
Sure.

f3PJF0YE-x4

Once the US looked up to astronauts, engineers, and scientists as it heroes,
now it heaps adulation and martyrdom upon drugged up repeat violent criminals resisting arrest.
Well, then they should stop shooting and robbing each other.
It would be a good start.

The leading cause of death among young black men between the ages of 15 and 34 is homicide.
An incredible 51% for black males between the ages of 15 to 19.
Total homicides deaths for black in 2017 were 5626.
Not by whites, not by hispanics, not by asians, not by the police, but at the hands of other young black men.

US CDC | Death: Leading causes for 2017 [PDF; Page 34]

So rather, the most dangerous place for young black men is the urban inner city jungle among their "brothers".

Chicago

As previously noted, the major cities have been under Democrat control for decades.

According to the Washi Post database, in 2017, 224 blacks in total were shot and killed by police.
This is

(224/5626) x 100 = 4%

In other words, in 2017, an estimated 96% of black homicides were by civilians.

One should also take into account the probability of interaction with police due to alleged criminal action.

US FBI | Unified Crime Report - 2017

Whites constitute about 72% of the US population, blacks constitute about 14%.
Black males, of all ages, thus constitute about 7% of the population.

From the UCR Table, arrests for males

Homicide. Whites: 44.2%; Blacks: 53.1%
Robbery. Whites: 43.6%; Blacks: 54.3%
Aggravated Assault. Whites 62.1%; Blacks: 33.5%
Violent Crime. Whites: 58.5%; Blacks: 37.5%
Weapons. Whites: 53.7%; Blacks: 43.9%

So there are fields in which US blacks do excel and have a disproportionate representation.
___

"Systemic discrimination"?

The US Civil Rights Act and the US Voting Rights Act were enacted in the 1960's. Nearly six decades ago.

Affirmative Action, so-called, is ubiquitous in the US and has been for decades.

Guess what. Be it international or local, one can't help a culture or a community that can't be arsed to help itself.
No matter how many programs a govt enacts and no matter how many trillions of dollars a govt spends.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Colonel Sun wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:23 am
"Systemic discrimination"?

The US Civil Rights Act and the US Voting Rights Act were enacted in the 1960's. Nearly six decades ago.

Affirmative Action, so-called, is ubiquitous in the US and has been for decades.

Guess what. Be it international or local, one can't help a culture or a community that can't be arsed to help itself.
No matter how many programs a govt enacts and no matter how many trillions of dollars a govt spends.
This is the part of the conversation where I always wish someone would "axe" the social justice advocate what percentage of their income did they donate last year? To which charities? How did you decide on those charities? What percentage of a donated dollar goes the end user for each of the charities that you picked as worthy?

Unfortunately, the SJW never volunteers that information, and the MSM publicist never "axes" the question.

Shirley, the celebrity earning mega$ could donate 90% of their income and still be 10X richer than the average Joe earning kilo$.

Never seems to happen......
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

Wikipedia locks page for Biden’s tentative DOJ Civil Rights Chief
- Rudy Takala, Mediaite, 12 January 2021
https://www.mediaite.com/news/wikipedia ... hts-chief/

Wikipedia editors on Tuesday locked the page for President-elect Joe Biden’s pick to lead the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division after users attempted to add reference to a 1994 letter she authored suggesting Black people had “superior physical and mental abilities.”

The letter, authored by Kristen Clarke — then an undergraduate student Harvard — was highlighted on Monday by Fox News host Tucker Carlson.

“Please use the following theories and observations to assist you in your search for truth regarding the genetic differences between Blacks and whites,” Clarke wrote in the letter. Clarke said the differences included that “Black infants sit, crawl and walk sooner than whites,” and that melanin gave “Blacks their superior physical and mental abilities.

“Some scientists have revealed that most whites are unable to produce melanin because their pineal glands are often calcified or non-functioning,” she added. “Pineal calcification rates with Africans are five to 15 percent, Asians 15 to 25 percent and Europeans 60 to 80 percent. This is the chemical basis for the cultural differences between Blacks and whites.”

She reiterated her point in closing — and added a spiritual component, writing, “Melanin endows Blacks with greater mental, physical and spiritual abilities — something which cannot be measured based on Eurocentric standards.”

Wikipedia editors locked Clarke’s page on Tuesday, just a day after Carlson aired a segment talking about Clarke’s letter, after users made several failed attempts to insert references to it on the page.
Enki

Post by Enki »

Colonel Sun wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:44 am
This is great. Very few things will uplift white people quite like giving money to those People of Color currently locked out of the economy. There will be so many opportunities to serve this larger middle class than ever before!
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Enki

Post by Enki »

Colonel Sun wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:23 am Homicide. Whites: 44.2%; Blacks: 53.1%
I prefer to look at crimes committed per 100,000 people.

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htius.pdf
Homicide Offenders by Race per 100,000
White 4.8
Black 36.9
Other 4.4
OH NO! It's scandalous! Black people commit murders by a factor of 769%! That's horrible! Of murderers black people are 8X more likely to be black than white! But black men are only 7% of the population! See, this proves it!

Except that out of 100,000 people, 36.9 is 0.000369% of black people commit murders versus 0.000048% of white people. So collective punishment, and collective derision takes on a completely different characteristics when you see it through that light. Judging people as a cohort in this regard becomes incredibly unfair. When you start to control for poverty and the like, those numbers begin to narrow even more. White people are more likely to have wealth, less likely to commit violent crimes. Black people are more likely to be poor and more likely to commit violent crimes. Also, when we look at poverty driven crime, we learn that the vast majority of murders are carried out by people who have murdered before. So there is 1 guy with 10 bodies, not 10 guys with 1 body. But that doesn't affect the offender stats, it affects the victim stats.

Now that the legal barriers to building wealth are removed from black people, they are building wealth quite rapidly.

It's simply unfair to use these statistics to make sweeping claims about black people. Or more specifically, to over police them, or redline their access to credit. Because like every single other race, the likelihood of them being a murderer is minuscule.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Doc

Post by Doc »

Enki wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:56 pm
Colonel Sun wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:23 am Homicide. Whites: 44.2%; Blacks: 53.1%

White 4.8
Black 36.9
Other 4.4
OH NO! It's scandalous! Black people commit murders by a factor of 769%! That's horrible! Of murderers black people are 8X more likely to be black than white! But black men are only 7% of the population! See, this proves it!

Except that out of 100,000 people, 36.9 is 0.000369% of black people commit murders versus 0.000048% of white people. So collective punishment, and collective derision takes on a completely different characteristics when you see it through that light. Judging people as a cohort in this regard becomes incredibly unfair. When you start to control for poverty and the like, those numbers begin to narrow even more. White people are more likely to have wealth, less likely to commit violent crimes. Black people are more likely to be poor and more likely to commit violent crimes. Also, when we look at poverty driven crime, we learn that the vast majority of murders are carried out by people who have murdered before. So there is 1 guy with 10 bodies, not 10 guys with 1 body. But that doesn't affect the offender stats, it affects the victim stats.

Now that the legal barriers to building wealth are removed from black people, they are building wealth quite rapidly.

It's simply unfair to use these statistics to make sweeping claims about black people. Or more specifically, to over police them, or redline their access to credit. Because like every single other race, the likelihood of them being a murderer is minuscule.
It is fair to use the statistics It is also fair to point out that the same statistics correlate with poverty as well. and it is reasonable to assume causation of poverty, as well as poor education.

But when make that assumption you also have to acknowledge the link between one parent families and poverty. No fault divorce decimated the Black nuclear family starting in the 1960's The number one indicator of child poverty in the US is living in a single parent home.The entire point of marriage for life is creating stability for raising children. No fault divorce greatly reduces that stability and probably reduces the marriage rate at the same time. IE Marriage is not worth as much so why get married?.

The other point education is primarily found in inner cities. Where teachers unions hold more sway with the Democratic Politicians that run those cities. In major cities school systems the high school graduation rate is abysmal at les than 50%. The national average is 70% And I would add the graduation rate in my home state of WV for Black students is over 80% So the second poorest state has the highest graduation rate for black students.

Inner city officials (and teachers) don't send their own children to public schools. So why would they care if children in public schools get an education or not?
Enki

Post by Enki »

Doc I agree with you in spirit, but your particulars are too broad a generalization.

I knew black teachers and administrators in NYC with kids in the public schools. Of course NYC has elite public schools that you can test into. But those administrators care a lot. Very impressive people. The schools my kids went to in Manhattan were top notch. The only thing in didn't like was my daughter's elite middle school and the pressure they put on these kids because it an Ivy track. My daughter was like 1 of 5 white kids. It gave her an anxiety disorder, but she's basically at a 10th grade level while in 8th grade. We're home schooling now and I just don't think public school will be a good fit again. My son wanted to go back to school though.
-Alexander Hamilton
noddy

Post by noddy »

this whole training, uni access, corporate work malarky is important but irrelevant.

90% of all demographics arent going to be globally competitive, uni grads.

google and apple employing a statistically correct amount of black people is still going to leave 95% of black people exactly where they are.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:33 am this whole training, uni access, corporate work malarky is important but irrelevant.

google and apple employing a statistically correct amount of black people is still going to leave 95% of black people exactly where they are.
:lol:

You nailed it again! "Statistically Correct!" If more people would just try to be statistically correct, the world would be a beautiful place!

But if "competence at Math" is being "white," then people who are Statistically Correct ain't "keepin it real!"

We need some hard and fast definitions of white, black, and fair that everyone can agree on or we ain't goin nowhere!

Needless to say, above definitions should not involve any form of "Man-Splaining!"
Doc

Post by Doc »

Enki wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:26 am Doc I agree with you in spirit, but your particulars are too broad a generalization.

I knew black teachers and administrators in NYC with kids in the public schools. Of course NYC has elite public schools that you can test into. But those administrators care a lot. Very impressive people. The schools my kids went to in Manhattan were top notch. The only thing in didn't like was my daughter's elite middle school and the pressure they put on these kids because it an Ivy track. My daughter was like 1 of 5 white kids. It gave her an anxiety disorder, but she's basically at a 10th grade level while in 8th grade. We're home schooling now and I just don't think public school will be a good fit again. My son wanted to go back to school though.
Your daughter is in 8th grade? Time sure does fly. Enjoy them as children while you can.

Otherwise I don't see how you addressed my point. How many poor kids make it into these schools and expect to go to the Ivy League and how many kids get into these schools because their parents are affluent? For that matter how many single parents have time to help their kids study their home work in elite schools? Also How many single parents home school their children?

I could never figure out why so many leftists have such ham fisted "empathy".
Doc

Post by Doc »

noddy wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:33 am this whole training, uni access, corporate work malarky is important but irrelevant.

Noddy not to worry. they will have educations to meet the expectations of Global monopolistic industrialists. Good jobs that pay $7 per month for line workers and $162 per month for engineers.

Qfcmi5m6Xr4
noddy

Post by noddy »

amusingly, its only racism against indians that leaves many of us with solid wages, honesty is never the best policy.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

noddy wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:49 am amusingly, its only racism against indians that leaves many of us with solid wages, honesty is never the best policy.
Those of us that haven't had our jobs outsourced anyway. But never fear Those that can afford iPhones will still buy them.
mqSCmT5S-2w

My microsoft edge browser just updated. When I went to the settings and looked under privacy search and security I found

1) My full name
2)My home address
3)my telephone number and email address
4) a setting to share with vendors my credit card info
5)Permission to import my full internet browsing history and contact from another web browser even though Edge is not set as the default browser
6) Improving my personal internet expereince by "using my browser history with Advertising Searching new, and other Microsoft services"
7) The name of my personal insurance company.
8) Default setting to sync my data to Microsoft cloud enabled.
9) My current location

Funny thing is I never put this information into this computer. EVER.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:49 am amusingly, its only racism against indians that leaves many of us with solid wages, honesty is never the best policy.

It's not like racism wasn't solved in America a few months or years ago with Wokeness.

It's only those non-woke, non-racists that think people should be considered as individuals that seem to be the root of all problems these days.

They talk in terms of my kids, my house, my job, my car, my rights, blah, blah, blah..... It would be a lot easier to just ban the words me, my, and I from the internet. Which kind of defeats the purpose of accessing Social Media to either gain enlightenment or enlighten the dim. Butt it would put out the social media dumpster fire. If I couldn't talk about my greatness and superiority, why would I log on?

Ev373c7wSRg

I love the line: "Am I being pranked? Did Boomer put you up to this?"

5MGhgGDhnWg

Truly Dylan-esque lyrics!
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

The unvarnished truf about White People. Kinda surprised CNN, MSNBC, NPR, and SAD aren't running this 24/7.

Wish I had a dollar for every time Zack has watched this documentary.....

https://tubitv.com/movies/557562/the-wi ... t-virginia
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Enki wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:56 pm

White 4.8
Black 36.9
Other 4.4

Even the white homicide offenders percentage is excessive viewed from the perspective of Japan.

The violence is not due to poverty, a trope of academic sociology, it is due to culture.

The obvious flaw in the statistics of this line of argument is the assumption of a population racially homogeneous in its geospatial distribution.
The US reality is the opposite.

All but a few percentage of the murders committed by blacks are black male murders of black males.

Out of a sample of 100,000, about 7% are black males.

Roughly 100,000 x 0.07 = 7,000 black males

36.9 murderers / 7,000 black males ~ 0.5% or 5000 micromorts

By comparison

pone.0207356.t001.PNG_L.png
pone.0207356.t001.PNG_L.png (65.67 KiB) Viewed 1817 times

Ref. https://journals.plos.org/plosone/artic ... 07356-t001

So being a black male in the US, in a neighbourhood with a high percentage of other black males, is more 5 times more dangerous than commercial fishing [the most dangerous occupation] but slightly less than half as dangerous as climbing Mt. Everest

I'll use Chicago as an example as that is the US city most familiar to me.

2020_city_map_010121.png
2020_city_map_010121.png (62.11 KiB) Viewed 1817 times

https://heyjackass.com/2020-deadliest-hoods/

The murder rates vary greatly across neighbourhoods.

The misinterpretation and misuse of statistics, such as those you quoted, is of little consolation or assistance to those living in the
Austin [83.0% black],
Englewood [94.12% black],
and Garfield Park [91.28% black]
neighbourhoods of Chicago.

[Did I mention that the US Democrats have had a lock on Chicago politics for decades?]

Anecdotally, I recall a statistic from my time living in Chicago that incarcerated young black males had a longer survival probability that those on the streets of Chicago.
Enki wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:56 pm It's simply unfair to use these statistics to make sweeping claims about black people. Or more specifically, to over police them, or redline their access to credit.
Strawman arguments that no one here is advocating.
Enki

Post by Enki »

Colonel Sun

I just find it interesting how the 39 murderers of 100,000 black people or the 5 murderers per hundred thousand white people say something about 'culture' but the 999,961 who never murdered anyone don't say anything about the culture.
-Alexander Hamilton
Enki

Post by Enki »

Also, sociologists don't disregard culture when they talk about poverty. They just don't limit the boundaries of culture by race. African American culture is considered part of American culture as a whole.

The culture of making sure resources stay in white hands is pretty essential to any analysis of culture. Culture arises from circumstances. People who have money aren't desperate and don't make desperate decisions, and they have a broader array of remedies to problems they face.
-Alexander Hamilton
Enki

Post by Enki »

Wow your math. Holy lavender, HUGE error.

39 out of 100,000 isn't 7000 out of 100,000 it is 39 out of 100,000.

1 in 15 black people isn't a murderer 1 in 2564 is.
-Alexander Hamilton
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Enki wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:10 pm Wow your math. Holy lavender, HUGE error.

39 out of 100,000 isn't 7000 out of 100,000 it is 39 out of 100,000.

1 in 15 black people isn't a murderer 1 in 2564 is.
Not even wrong.